Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2019, 17:23   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
It’s all over the Internet. Attaching a link here from the article.

As for the audit proof, I’m not sure. But, all the major media’s have reported. Could be a bloated information too but it all depends on the company information that rolls out.
Articles published?? Well that's not proof of the actual "Bookings" number.
payeng is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 17:26   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
A colleague's neighbor bought a Hector and within a week faced engine seizure.
He's dropped the vehicle at the service center
(& for those thinking if he drove through water in this monsoon season - No he didn't)
Can you provide any other details, like vehicle number, name of showroom where its parkled, owners details, anything will do
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 17:26   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Why are questions raised on number of bookings ? Wouldn't we ultimately know based on sales numbers and production capacity how many were booked since they are saying 2019 capacity is done with?
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 17:30   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Why are questions raised on number of bookings ? Wouldn't we ultimately know based on sales numbers and production capacity how many were booked since they are saying 2019 capacity is done with?
Sales / Production numbers that SIAM publishes are Wholesale / Dealer dispatches.

Therefore the real picture (market demand) isn't visible for usually the first year. The real picture usually emerges post the honeymoon period of the first year, when its the Actual Market/Retail DEMAND that drives the Wholesale Numbers.

Last edited by payeng : 18th July 2019 at 17:32.
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 17:49   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Absolutely. Earlier it was Chinese lineage followed by concern on long term durability and now the aspersions on booking numbers. Either we're failing to acknowledge MG's super success or we're being unnecessarily harsh on them. Keeping booking numbers aside, MG at this point of time is definitely a success story and we should leave it at that.

I wonder it it were an Indian brand like TML or Mahindra, would we've done same to them or gone gaga over it?

PS: I've neither booked Hector nor a prospective buyer of it.

Last edited by LeoMachine : 18th July 2019 at 17:50.
LeoMachine is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 18:02   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Articles published?? Well that's not proof of the actual "Bookings" number.
I’m sharing information as I see for wider audience to know. I don’t / can’t validate the information mate. Neither am I having any connection with any of the media personnel’s to get actual “bookings” number.
gururajrv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 18:28   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
The top 2 variants – Smart & Sharp are seeing the highest demand, with over 50% reservations for the petrol variants.
Even though market is shifting towards the Petrol again, I don't believe that's the only reason for the Petrol variant demand. It is the lack of Automatic in the diesel variant.

Also with the good demand of top end variant which MG launched with loaded features, I hope manufacturers like Kia, Hyundai and Ford etc could take a note and give the option of a fully loaded car in Automatic for both Petrol and Diesel rather than launching products with missing features and claiming this is what the buyer wants. At least they should make some of the features as an add on features, like Bose speakers system(Kia) or the Sync 3(Ford).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Harrier didn’t see this response unfortunately. But has settled down. Creta is continuing its success which will be superseded by the new entrants now Hector & Seltos.
They shot themselves in the foot when they launched the car without an Automatic option, clearly there are considerable amount of people who are looking for A/T option.

Quote:
I feel this is just another marketing gimmick...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If this is a marketing ploy by MG, it's not a very good one. The guy who came up with this idea needs a reality check.

With Seltos around the corner only a fool would stop further bookings and let people move to Kia and book Seltos or Harrier.
I wonder if it is a marketing trick. I'm sure as manufacturers/dealers, they wouldn't want over selling of cars than their production numbers and having to go through all the calls from the customers who placed an order and can't hold on to the long delivery times. It could be a nightmare from the customer service point of view.
sweetvar26 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 20:00   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If this is a marketing ploy by MG, it's not a very good one. The guy who came up with this idea needs a reality check.

With Seltos around the corner only a fool would stop further bookings and let people move to Kia and book Seltos or Harrier.
I have very simple question: What would the newly launched MG Showrooms be doing? Giving Test Drives, showcasing the vehicles and say, "Sorry, we're sold out for 2019, please come next year!"

Quote:
In an official statement, Rajeev Chaba, president and managing director at MG Motor India, said, “The Hector has received an overwhelming response and we are unable to cater to such high initial demand. We are, therefore, closing bookings temporarily as this will help ensure timely and orderly deliveries for our customers who have shown tremendous confidence in MG. We are also working with our component suppliers to ramp up production in a gradual manner without any compromise on quality.”
Idle mind is Devil's workshop

--surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 21:10   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Sales / Production numbers that SIAM publishes are Wholesale / Dealer dispatches.

Therefore the real picture (market demand) isn't visible for usually the first year. The real picture usually emerges post the honeymoon period of the first year, when its the Actual Market/Retail DEMAND that drives the Wholesale Numbers.
Add to this, MG has said that they will not share Wholesales numbers with SIAM. They will reveal the numbers whenever they feel like. So, we might never come to know the actual scenario.
Old 18th July 2019, 21:29   #1330
BHPian

Quote:

(& for those thinking if he drove through water in this monsoon season - No he didn't)
Do update the reason for engine seizure, once you have further info from your colleague.
Old 18th July 2019, 23:10   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the initial Xiaomi sale on Amazon sale opens at 2 pm and closed at 2.05 pm Keep twiddling your fingers till the next announcement! How that trick worked and Xiaomi sold out like hot cakes.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 18th July 2019 at 23:11.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 00:20   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel this is just another marketing gimmick...

I've also heard of multiple steering lock issues cropping up in MID (one's similar to the vehicle unveiling day)
Please share more information about your colleague's neighbor’s HECTOR and your source of information for multiple steering lock issues. The block on vehicle booking is temporary and will be reconsidered once they build the inventory. They cannot choke the suppliers to meet the demands, they will face several challenges during first 3-4 months to achieve the quality levels.

Last edited by deehunk : 19th July 2019 at 00:26.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 00:34   #1333
BHPian

Its nothing but a marketing ploy! They don't even have the capacity to produce more than 2000 cars a month now! May be they used up all the money on ads instead of improving the capacity. This is just poor planning.

When the Creta sells close to 10k cars a month, they must have anticipated to sell atleast 4000 cars a month, which will bring down the so called waiting period to under 4 months for the DCT.

I think its good they didn't bring the Diesel automatic now, otherwise its demand would have gone over the roof, as maximum bookings would have been for it, and it would have a waiting period of over a year

The last time there was such a long waiting period quoted was for the Maruti Suzuki Swift 2nd generation Diesel. The showroom had quoted a waiting period of 11 months, as the car was just launched in 2011, there was a labour strike at the plant, and they had shortage of Multijet engines.

The Honda City Diesel also commanded a waiting period of 7 months for the top two variants at launch, but they were producing 5000cars a month.
Old 19th July 2019, 00:55   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Please share more information about your colleague's neighbor’s HECTOR and your source of information for multiple steering lock issues. The block on vehicle booking is temporary and will be reconsidered once they build the inventory. They cannot choke the suppliers to meet the demands, they will face several challenges during first 3-4 months to achieve the quality levels.
Yes me too, waiting for the details from him. Please share your colleague's neighbor’s details, at least where did he get the car from, which showroom, great if you can get his phone number.
Old 19th July 2019, 06:52   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Unlikely. Give the category is high involvement. Typically the customer will wait and watch, and will not jump to newer options with his eyes closed. Just my two-bit.
Also, stopping bookings is the right step as not delivering would result in negative talk and that could damage even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Looks like the initial Xiaomi sale

Last edited by Sebring : 19th July 2019 at 06:54.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks