Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 08:21   #1996
BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Booked the MG Hector Black Petrol DCT Sharp in MG Malad showroom. Tentative delivery date is Feb 2020, but sales guys said good probability of Dec 2019. I guess the booking velocity is not as high as the first phase.
Old 30th September 2019, 08:38   #1997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Booked the MG Hector Black Petrol DCT Sharp in MG Malad showroom. Tentative delivery date is Feb 2020, but sales guys said good probability of Dec 2019. I guess the booking velocity is not as high as the first phase.
Congratulations on the booking. But take their estimates with a pinch of salt. I know people who've booked the DCT in July and are still waiting for their delivery. Been promised a Nov date. On the flipside, you get points for accessories. The wait is killing though
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 10:17   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
Congrats @ rkv_hunter.

I booked the Petrol Sharp DCT Black as well and the tentative delivery lines up to Jan end or Feb.
Did they mention anything about BSVI production ?
Old 30th September 2019, 10:46   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post
Congrats @ rkv_hunter.

I booked the Petrol Sharp DCT Black as well and the tentative delivery lines up to Jan end or Feb.
Did they mention anything about BSVI production ?
The sales person mentioned, all cars for current bookings will be BSIV. Did not mention anything in BSVI.
rkv_hunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 10:58   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think it is unfair of the dealer to do this, since I have booked and canceld mutliple cars in the past such as the Tata Harrier and Ford Endeavour and there has never been a deduction like this made. I will raise it with MG motors now.
This is totally Bull.. I have got a full refund of my online booking done through my Amex, and the refund was an account transfer after 13days of cancellation request. I had managed to find email IDs of some seniors in MG, PM me if you are still struggling with your dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKD24 View Post
Thanks @coolkurt
I believe I also saw some related posts in context of this incident stating that the new owner accidentally closed the sunroof curtain first and before the glass panel that led to some water flowing in. Not sure it was which of the 2 FB groups.
There is no possibility of retracting the powered fabric shade without retracting the sunroof before.

I adore MG, and I cancelled the car almost a month back mainly due to DCT mileage concerned, which I tested rigorously before I made my decision to switch to Seltos (I have shared multiple detailed posts of the same on this thread).

Guys, beware MG is smart and have understood the concern on Mileage (that is the reason they are organising these youtube reviewers media drive on highways and also organising drives incentivising mileage runs by customers). Enough is said on mileage already.

But, I can also share from experience, I have heard squeaky pano sunroofs every time I sat in a MG lately, other smaller issues with the quality as well. When I was also following the FB thread, I had realised that it is being managed and monitored by MG and there are posts which are influenced, so do not just go by what's on FB. The invoice copy is very clear that there are issues and these were posted, which were taken down. Please be careful with your purchases and keep these points in mind.

Just wanted to make aware the potential buyers, no other reason. It is still a fantastic car and really VFM!
AGwagon is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 11:51   #2001
Distinguished - BHPian

MG Hector records another commendable sales figure. Dispatches 2608 cars in September.

Source:Sales data
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 12:13   #2002
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
MG Hector records another commendable sales figure. Dispatches 2608 cars in September.

Source:Sales data
IIRC, MG numbers are not dispatches, but end customer registration figures - unlike other companies report.

So the real impact of increased production to 3000 units might be seen next month only.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 12:23   #2003
Senior - BHPian

The sales figure are for good for a brand that was previously unheard of. That said for the segment that Hector is in the initial numbers are nothing Wow. If I recall XUV500 used to sell upwards of 4K in its initial days, heck the Harrier also did manage to sell in 2xxx number in initial months. Will be interesting to see Hector numbers once initial Euphoria dies down.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 12:37   #2004
Senior - BHPian

Here's a link to an interview with Mr Rajeev Chaba, MD of MG Motor India where he talks about the connected mobility push and also elaborates on upcoming updates to the infotainment system on the Hector which will improve the AI and add other features.

The upcoming electric car from MG, The eZS will feature a superior version of the infotainment system. Voice commands in regional languages might also make their way to the Hector in the future.

I like the way that the company is listening and is responsive to customer feedback. Looking forward to the new features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The sales figure are for good for a brand that was previously unheard of. That said for the segment that Hector is in the initial numbers are nothing Wow. If I recall XUV500 used to sell upwards of 4K in its initial days, heck the Harrier also did manage to sell in 2xxx number in initial months.
The sales of the Hector is limited by the production capacity which is around 2000 units per month with a promise of increased production to 3000 units per month. The demand is there, going by the booking figures and waiting list numbers.

Last edited by coolkurt : 1st October 2019 at 12:43. Reason: Additional info
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 13:18   #2005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

The sales of the Hector is limited by the production capacity which is around 2000 units per month with a promise of increased production to 3000 units per month. The demand is there, going by the booking figures and waiting list numbers.
I would take bookings and production constraints with a pinch of salt. Till date about 6K sold and pending booking of 22-24K, taking waiting period to 6-8 months(Considering 3K manufacturing capacity). MG re-opened bookings, which means new booking will wait beyond 1 year? We are in 2019 and I doubt if anyone would wait that long to buy a new car.
Will be interesting to see how Hector will perform in coming months. Harrier which people called "Hit" initially has turned out to be a sales dud.
Old 1st October 2019, 15:28   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I would take bookings and production constraints with a pinch of salt. Till date about 6K sold and pending booking of 22-24K, taking waiting period to 6-8 months(Considering 3K manufacturing capacity). MG re-opened bookings, which means new booking will wait beyond 1 year? We are in 2019 and I doubt if anyone would wait that long to buy a new car.
Will be interesting to see how Hector will perform in coming months. Harrier which people called "Hit" initially has turned out to be a sales dud.
Even if we assume that 30% people cancelled , it's still 19000 bookings. And I was waitlisted at 19000. So even if we assume 25% people on the waiting list booked the car, it's still 5000 bookings. So making it 24000 bookings till the booking reopened.

They have delivered about 6500 cars till date so around 18k pending. I can only speak for Delhi - Petrol DCT and hybrid have a waiting period of 5 to 6 months here.

We are talking about a segment that collectively sold ~1500 cars of late ( if we include the XUV 500 and Harrier) , so what MG has achieved is pretty commendable.

I saw a recent interview of Rajeev Chaba where he's gone on record to say that they plan to keep production stable at 3k units a month this year before taking a call whether production needs to be ramped up. If this second phase of bookings notch up a decent number, they'll have to take steps in the same direction.
Old 1st October 2019, 15:59   #2007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post

Guys, beware MG is smart and have understood the concern on Mileage (that is the reason they are organising these Youtube reviewers media drive on highways and also organising drives incentivising mileage runs by customers). Enough is said on mileage already.
Well, this looks true and I agree with you boss. All of a sudden reviewers ( I counted 4 ) appeared on Youtube and all of them did mileage test. Nothing else. Absolutely ridiculous. Now coming to these videos,
1. In one of these the guy starts his car from Dhaula Kuan and drive towards Jaipur in late morning ( after peak time ) and comes happy with mileage of 14. The travel from Dhaula Kuan to Gurgaon toll has low to moderate traffic and in no way simulates the real world scenario. No body takes in account the speed, RPM involved while getting these tests done.
2. The other reviewer drives this car in a beautiful laid highway for 70 odd km near Thane and comes home happy with 14 kmpl. Anyone can get these figures in a traffic free 4 lane highway. Why don't you drive in Colaba and report ?

This is very interesting marketing from MG.

Last edited by Roadster17 : 1st October 2019 at 16:20. Reason: Quote was incorrectly marked
Roadster17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 16:38   #2008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Well, this looks true and I agree with you boss. All of a sudden reviewers ( I counted 4 ) appeared on Youtube and all of them did mileage test. Nothing else. Absolutely ridiculous.
This is very interesting marketing from MG.
Very smart play by MG. I'm sure all these videos must be about testing the mileage of the Petrol DCT, as that's the powertrain that's in high demand, especially in the metros. ( almost 50% share is the DCT, hybrid probably another 5-10% followed by the Diesel).

I remember correcting the SA on his claim about the DCT giving 12-13 kmpl mileage in the city. I expect 13 kmpl for my diesel. The DCT will probably give 8 kmpl in the city - stop gap traffic and one shouldn't expect more.

Then he claimed that if the RPM is kept below 2k, it'll return 10-11 kmpl which might be fair but it's still not real world conditions.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 21:57   #2009
BHPian

So got the delivery of my car on this Monday. Have driven ~150kms in it now.

Some observations below -

Pros -
1) Super smooth and silent engine, if driven with a sedate foot will never be disappointed
2) I'm getting mileage of 10+ kmpl over this 150kms. Lets see if it holds. This is with 60% highway run
3) Space space and oodles of space
4) Built like a tank, interior quality is far better than expected. Kia seltos is better, but not by much IMO
5) All grey interiors are sporty, seats are comfortable
6) Low beam headlight is bright and white
7) Massive road presence, jeep compass on the road looks puny when sitting inside. Similar presence as endevaour, much better than innova crysta. Manages to turn heads
8) ICE and speakers are fabulous
9) Brakes are strong and loaded to gills with safety tech
10) MG professionals and support is phenomenol. Kia needs to learn here.
11) That panaromic sunroof is just a wow factor. With delhi weather becoming cooler this is going to be fun to use. I love sunroofs and this one elevates the experience to the next level. Kia/harrier need to step their game up.
12) AC is a chiller, need to set it to 27 these days else it becomes too cold on auto.

Cons -
1) Cameras during reverse are L-A-G-G-Y as hell. Cant rely on it solely as it takes almost 1-2 seconds at times to update feed and by that time you have crossed that point on the road. Very dangerous.
2) Gaana app is laggy, rest of UI is passably smooth
3) Wheels are not aligned properly, my car is veering to the left when steering is center, to compensate I hold steering to the right and am never able to hold the car in a single line due to this. Will get this sorted this weekend.
4) No auto dimming mirror! seriously, it should be default at this price point.

Finally got a chance to do a photoshoot today for the ownership thread (which will start on soon).

Some glimpses of my car below.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-1.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-2.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-3.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-4.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-5.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-6.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-7.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-8.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-9.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-10.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-11.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-12.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-13.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-14.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-15.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-16.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-17.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-19.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-20.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-21.jpg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_3953.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_3794.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_3870.jpeg  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_3923.jpeg  

dhruvwali is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 23:23   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
So got the delivery of my car on this Monday. Have driven ~150kms in it now.

Finally got a chance to do a photoshoot today for the ownership thread (which will start on soon).

Some glimpses of my car below.
Congrats @dhruvwali
The Red looks stunning.
Thanks for sharing your initial observations. Super helpful.Will stay tuned for your ownership thread.
DASKD24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks