Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2019, 09:04   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My friend wants a Jan delivery, so it can sport the 2020. Resale will be better, he reckons. But this is the best time to buy a vehicle, he feels. BS6 is just another ruse to jack up prices (His opinion)
If it's a petrol, Jan/ Feb it is. Although in the current scenario, I'd take the delivery whenever it's offered. I know people who booked in June, changed a colour/ variant, refused to take delivery in Oct ( due to shraadh), and hence now have to wait till Jan 2020 ( 6-7 months waiting).

Resale is still an unknown. It all depends on how MG fares in the long run so i wouldn't want to dwell too much on that. If resale is important for people in this price band, I recommend paying a couple of lakhs more and getting an Innova Crysta - fantastic car that'll fetch much superior resale value.

After the govt notification pushing manufacturers to build BS6 cars that can run on BS4 too, it's become all the more of a gimmick. Just an excuse to jack up prices, diesel will especially see prices being hiked up by 1.5 lakhs to 4/5 lakhs across the board.

Last edited by coolkurt : 13th October 2019 at 09:06.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 11:37   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I was among the first ones to book when the bookings reopened, solely due to the same. Prices will increase by 5-10% across variants once BS6 comes into play. I think MG will start BS6 production by Feb.

I've booked a diesel sharp and the dealer has promised delivery in 6 weeks, which I doubt. I'm assuming it'll be more like 12 weeks. So Dec end / jan.
I think they will try to clear the diesel backlog as soon as possible as the BS 6 price impact will be higher in diesel. I guess the pertol BS6 can be accomodated in the already increased price. And if they delay the deliveries they risk cancellations if price increase over the already increased price is more than 1 lac. Any booking they take post November they might sensitise the diesel customers for the BS6 price increase. Also once they introduce the 6/7 seater in diesel people will move to the 6/7 seaters.
I have booked the DCT and the dealer has given an approximate delivery time line of Jan-Feb which they said is a conservative estimate and the car could come earlier.
Old 13th October 2019, 12:30   #2088
BHPian

Hello everyone. Thanks mods for approving my membership. Its great to be a part of this amazing community.

I have booked DCT sharp and will hopefully get the delivery in next 10 days. Will be helpful to get some feedback from existing DCT owners (preferably Bangalore or Mumbai) on mileage. Have read a lot of mixed reviews on the same on FB and whatsapp group. Not sure if there has been any feedback form the members here. Also remember couple of mentions of starting the owner review thread. Please share the link if there is a thread already. Thanks in advance.

Yogesh
Old 13th October 2019, 14:00   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
I think they will try to clear the diesel backlog as soon as possible as the BS 6 price impact will be higher in diesel. Also once they introduce the 6/7 seater in diesel people will move to the 6/7 seaters.
I have booked the DCT and the dealer has given an approximate delivery time line of Jan-Feb.
That should be the aim, since diesel prices are higher and they'll be going further north, which might lead to cancellations. I've been told that the delivery of my diesel sharp will be in 4-6 weeks but I'm a bit skeptical about the same. Even if they keep diesel production the same, the additional production going to the hybrid and the DCT ( They've bumped up production by 1000 units right upto 3500), I dont think deliveries for sept bookings will start before November.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
I have booked DCT sharp and will hopefully get the delivery in next 10 days. Will be helpful to get some feedback from existing DCT owners (preferably Bangalore or Mumbai) on mileage.
Yogesh
Congratulations. When did you book the Hector? Mileage is around 7-8 kmpl in the city and 10-12 on the highway. One shouldn't expect more from a Petrol SUV weighing 1700 Kgs.
Old 13th October 2019, 15:51   #2090
BHPian

Congratulations. When did you book the Hector? Mileage is around 7-8 kmpl in the city and 10-12 on the highway. One shouldn't expect more from a Petrol SUV weighing 1700 Kgs.

I booked on 4th July. Apparently not many bookings in silver colour so getting it quicker. Ppl who booked red, white or black still have 45 to 60 days waiting.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 21st October 2019 at 07:58. Reason: Formatting.
Old 14th October 2019, 00:08   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post

I booked on 4th July. Apparently not many bookings in silver colour so getting it quicker. Ppl who booked red, white or black still have 45 to 60 days waiting .
Interesting. I heard that Glaze red top model has maximum demand so that's the one which has higher production.
Old 14th October 2019, 08:26   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Am looking for an upgrade for my Creta Diesel SX(O). The car has been a great companion over the last 4 years. However, the rear seat and boot space is a bit of a constrain now.

Will the hector top end diesel (Sharp) make a good upgrade from the creta? I don't wanna spend more than ~20L on road.
Old 14th October 2019, 08:51   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Am looking for an upgrade for my Creta Diesel SX(O). The car has been a great companion over the last 4 years. However, the rear seat and boot space is a bit of a constrain now.

Will the hector top end diesel (Sharp) make a good upgrade from the creta? I don't wanna spend more than ~20L on road.
Well certainly yes! Nothing comes closer to rear seat and boot space of Hector below 20 lacs.
Roadster17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 09:50   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post

While I was initially impressed with the back seat space in Hector, please check the under thigh support on offer. I found it to be less with almost half my thigh not supported(iam 5 9). This problem is slightly increased by the low height of rear seat from the floor which tends to keep your knees in the air. I found Jeep compass and Kia seltos to have a more supportive rear seat, even though the feeling of knee room is less in these vehicles.

On long drives this can be a issue for tall passengers I feel. For patients with back pain as an orthopaedic surgeon, we usually recommend an appropriate seating position which should be
1. Passenger sits back fully on the seat with no space between his/her lower back and seat back.
2. Get good under thigh support so that the weight transfer happens over a broad area extending from gluteal region(buttocks) forwards on to back of thighs as much as possible.

There are no perfect chairs or car rear seats.

In Hector rear seat, as I sat, I found that there is no contact between seat and almost half of my thigh. That leads to all the forces transferred to gluteal area(buttocks).
drjkonline is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 10:09   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
In Hector rear seat, as I sat, I found that there is no contact between seat and almost half of my thigh. That leads to all the forces transferred to gluteal area(buttocks).
Oh! in one of the online reviews as well, I noticed this being mentioned. First look at the rear seats made feel 'Wow!. The sheer width and leg room looked like the best in its class. But the seats looked flat and that is what you probably mean in your description.

Will the car manufacturers ever give us a car about which we don't talk about obvious mistakes? It is understandable to have minor design issues, a small bottle holder and things like that when a car is introduced. It is too much to expect a flawless car. But under thigh support on a huge SUV? It is just taken for granted!
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 11:07   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
On long drives this can be a issue for tall passengers I feel. For patients with back pain as an orthopaedic surgeon, we usually recommend an appropriate seating position which should be....
Thank you Doc for adding the medical perspective to it. It is definitely a deal breaker if tall passengers with back problems are gonna be seated at the rear. Will take a longish test drive with the regular backbenchers in the family (who are typically less than 5.6 Feet) and then decide.

Thanks once again!
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 12:38   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Yes. The under thigh support is lacking, but that's the case with a lot of cars. The sheer amount of space and the airy cabin , especially due to the sunroof, makes you discount the issue with the seats, so much so that a lot of people don't dwell on it.
Old 14th October 2019, 22:40   #2098
Senior - BHPian

MG Motors hiring 500 additional workers to ramp up Hector production
Quote:
A senior executive at the company said, “We now have our second shift starting in November as our global supplier base has supplied and supported us and that has also helped us to attract additional employees in our workforce.”

According to Gaurav Gupta, Chief Commercial Officer, MG Motors (India) the induction of new workers is for across-the-job profiles required for the running of the plant. The plant has the capacity to manufacture 80,000 units annually in three shifts.

The number of bookings for the company currently stands at 42,000 units, around 8,000 units of which came in the past 10 days since it reopened the bookings since September 29. An estimate done by the company indicates bookings to cross the 50,000-unit mark by the year-end. Production of the Hector touched around 3,000 units in September; the company plans to ramp it up to 3,500 units in the next few months.
Source

Other updates:

New infotainment update brought Apple car play, it's working pretty well as per reports. However, The gear shift indicator does not show up after the update. MG Confirmed this as bug and are in the process of a patch for the same.

Also, there are rumours that bookings are open only till 17th Oct or this week at the most.

Mods: Kindly merge with the above post. Thanks

Last edited by coolkurt : 14th October 2019 at 22:49. Reason: Added info
Old 15th October 2019, 07:13   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realactivex View Post
Where can i download the pdf version of the hector's owner's manual? I couldnt find a copy either in MGs website, or on the internet.
Sorry for bringing this to the top again. Just was hoping if someone has the Hector's manual for sharp DCT
Old 15th October 2019, 11:28   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by realactivex View Post
Sorry for bringing this to the top again. Just was hoping if someone has the Hector's manual for sharp DCT
Any specific reason you need it? I don't think the resource is available online. Maybe a DCT owner might be able to help but very few members have got the deliveries of their cars.

Some other insights:

Quote:
MG Motors has adopted a strategy of helping the retailers in the first year of partnership by offering to provide recurring costs associated with setting up of aftersales services and maintenance. This, the executives claim, is being done because the revenue from maintenance comes only about a year of car sale. They add that this is being done due to the learning from how India behaves as dealers who had lesser volumes of brands producing 2000-3000 units, started shortchanging customers in the workshop at Rs 25,000-50,000 per service , instead of the real cost of about Rs 5,000, thereby killing the brand subsequently. “The customers started presuming that the brand is expensive to maintain,” is what they say.

Also, according to a trend observed by MG Motors, most of the customers migrating to their product come from SUV models like Renault’s Duster, followed by Hyundai’s Creta and Verna, and the Honda City. Also, 10-15 percent of buyers are those who already own an Audi or a BMW and who may use the Hector as a second or third car as an alternative to the entry model in that brand.
It's interesting to see the support for the dealers. MG has taken the right steps in preparing for the long haul. But I'm sure they're surprised by the numbers. Pretty much caught them off guard.

Source
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks