Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2019, 18:33   #2101
BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Any specific reason you need it? I don't think the resource is available online. Maybe a DCT owner might be able to help
The owners manual is the best brochure :-)

Last edited by Eddy : 15th October 2019 at 21:57. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 15th October 2019, 20:32   #2102
BHPian

Have to revert to my SA to block my car which had reached the stockyard. Still confused about two things. Help needed from DCT owners

1. How is the pick up and overall driving experience on hilly roads and that's

2. Has there been any improvement in the mileage post first service. My SA has been telling me that it improves post first service. It sounds very strange though as first service is generally only cleaning of the car.

Also any update on the team BHP review of hector. Thanks

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th October 2019 at 08:26. Reason: revert back > revert
Old 16th October 2019, 00:01   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
Have to revert to my SA to block my car which had reached the stockyard. Still confused about two things. Help needed from DCT owners

1. How is the pick up and overall driving experience on hilly roads and that's
The DCT will give a mileage of 7-8 kmpl in the city and 10-12 on the highway. One shouldn't expect more from a petrol SUV. The pickup of the DCT is decent for the city but it does lack power when driving in the hills.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th October 2019 at 08:27. Reason: Quoted post edited.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 00:33   #2104
BHPian

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img20191015wa0056.jpg

Dear All,

Any Idea if this is true that hector needs 91 octone fuel.?

This is striaght from the manual

Also,

MODS: understanding that is a forum run by its members..and majorly by the trends that memebers request.

Could you please be responsive on when can we expect the full review of the Hector, we are okay to understand a delay but atleast a date would help? As members we can expect this much.
don_carmaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 10:50   #2105
BHPian

A month gone and close to 800 kms done so far. Unfortunately my planned road trip to chikmagalur got canceled at the last moment due to some family emergency. But here are my updated thoughts and observations post first service:

1. Booking the appointment through the MG app did not work. Thankfully some owners had already complained in the whatsapp group about this. So I made a quick call to the service center right after I made the appointment in the app. Came to know there is a bug that has messed up the appointment system. They expect an update of the app to be released before Oct end.

2. Free pick up and delivery of the vehicle in bangalore as promised. Picked at 11 AM and dropped by 7 PM on the same day.

3. Got a message saying the invoice for 1st service of Rs. 870 has been generated. When I called the SA to ask him about it, I was told that is auto generated by the invoicing system for the service center's purposes. Customer does not have to pay anything. (Is MG paying up this cost for the dealer / service center on behalf of the customer? Why else is there a need to generate an invoice with this amount?)

4. The head unit got updated from version 5.0.1 to 5.0.5. Lags are noticeably reduced and apple carplay support is available now.

5. Android Auto experience with my phone is still troublesome. Still think it is something to do with the security restrictions of my work profile.

6. Yet to do a mileage test post first service. Will update that later.

7. Car handed over in good clean condition. Polite customer interaction and follow ups.

8. They have a severe shortage of accessories. I had inquired about redeeming my 13k worth points. Service manager gave me the contact of the accessories manager. He demanded an email from the sales manager in turn. Sales Manager obliged immediately upon a whatsapp message and got a quick confirmation of the same from the Accessories Manager. Although it took me only like 5-10 mins for all this, this should come in their system automatically.

9. Gave him a list of 10 accessories to make up the 13000 somehow. Was told 5 of them are out of stock. Remaining 5 got fit during my first service.

10. Not sure of the details of what was carried out during the first service. I do not see any massive drive improvements apart from maybe some slight NVH improvements? Its just a tad bit smoother now. Very difficult to pinpoint exactly what it is.

All in all, a very good month with my DCT. Love the ride and handling. Most importantly it does not tire me out driving in the bangalore traffic.

My carpool co-riders enjoy it much more than me Hoping to get it out on a long drive this month. Have a couple of chennai and coimbatore trips. May end up taking it for one of these trips.

Last edited by Eddy : 16th October 2019 at 16:30. Reason: Spacing for better readability
GearHeadGarage is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 15:28   #2106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadGarage View Post
A month gone and close to 800 kms done so far. Unfortunately my planned road trip to chikmagalur got canceled at the last moment due to some family emergency. But here are my updated thoughts and observations post first service:
Thanks for the update.

Does Android auto still work on only half the screen? How is the 360 degree camera? Is it faster now?

Congratulations on your purchase and I'm glad to hear you're satisfied with the car.
Old 16th October 2019, 20:41   #2107
BHPian

Is there an MG Hector VIN decoder?

TIA.
Old 17th October 2019, 10:03   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Thanks for the update.

Does Android auto still work on only half the screen? How is the 360 degree camera? Is it faster now?

Congratulations on your purchase and I'm glad to hear you're satisfied with the car.
Yes, it is still half screen. Carplay apparently comes in full screen. There is still a slight lag with the 360 deg camera. Nothing I cannot live with. This is the first time i m having this feature in any of my cars. So that might explain why i do not find the lag annoying.
GearHeadGarage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 12:51   #2109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
2. Has there been any improvement in the mileage post first service. My SA has been telling me that it improves post first service. It sounds very strange though as first service is generally only cleaning of the car.
1st "service" is really a free car wash. Nothing else. Its more of an "inspection". So gone are the days of any improvements after "1st service". Those used to be things with oldschool engines where after oil change & run-in, the engines used to settle down better & started performing better.

At 1st services of today even if you report an issue, chances are that the SA will say this will get fixed at 2nd service. Mileage of a modern car doesn't change after services unless something was actually broken as a root cause.
Old 17th October 2019, 14:18   #2110
Distinguished - BHPian

Politician and Bollywood actor, Hema Malini took delivery of her MG Hector in Mumbai.

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-mghectorhemamalinidelivery5.jpg

link
Old 17th October 2019, 14:38   #2111
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a brand new white Hector outside my office. Exterior finishing looks good. Can't say much about panels as I didn't want to start jabbing at someone's new car. There was an Innova parked next to it and the Hector looked to be slightly smaller and a similar shape but more butch from the front.
The interiors though looked to be more Maruti grade than Hyundai

Last edited by ajmat : 17th October 2019 at 15:19. Reason: I think you meant "butch" not "bitch" let me know I am wrong
Old 17th October 2019, 16:29   #2112
BHPian

The delivery of my Glaze Red steed is scheduled today evening. Super excited to get my hands on the vehicle.

Fingers crossed for a Good experience and ownership

Regards,
Sahil
don_carmaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 18:25   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Is there an MG Hector VIN decoder?

TIA.
We booked a Grey Petrol DCT toward the end of the first wave of bookings with January as the tentative delivery month.

Yesterday, we received a call from the dealership offering to provide a White Petrol DCT immediately as the person who booked that particular color refused to take delivery.

We inspected the car at the stockyard and it appears to be in order.

Is there anything additional we should/could do to ascertain nothing is amiss? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Old 17th October 2019, 20:16   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
We booked a Grey Petrol DCT toward the end of the first wave of bookings with January as the tentative delivery month.
======
Is there anything additional we should/could do to ascertain nothing is amiss? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
This is a bit surprising. I guess the maximum bookings have been in red and white colour. Atleast that is the case in Bangalore. So dealer offering white car for grey is a bit strange. You can check with him the status of grey car deliveries. They are taking it by date of booking. That will give you some sense on when can you respect your car if you opt for grey.
Old 18th October 2019, 06:52   #2115
BHPian

Any clarity by when Hector BS6 versions (Petrol & Diesel) will be available?
Heard earlier that production will start somewhere in Feb and deliveries by March. Dealer now says BS6 production will start only in April, which doesn't make much sense.
Any insights/info would be super helpful.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks