Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2019, 23:53   #2131
BHPian

Re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post

To be honest, I would think twice before putting money on the Petrol DCT as the City with its 1.5 NA and lighter kerb weight is a much better performer (despite the CVT gearbox). Just my opinion, but spending close to 20L on a car and not really getting a corresponding increase in performance isn't quite worth it IMO, even if you are a sedate driver.
I completely agree to your point of view. We briefly considered the Hector but the brand and the drive quality really put me off. As far as the test drive went, it was conducted on wide open 6 lane roads with flawless tarmac.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 19:22   #2132
BHPian

MG Hector gets Apple CarPlay, improved Voice Assist

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-imageresizer-8.jpeg

Quote:
Units of the Hector rolling off the production line now get the upgraded software from the word go, while existing owners can benefit from the enhanced functionality via an over-the-air (OTA) update. We can also confirm that the update also brings with it greater optimisation for the Voice Assist, along with increasing the number of voice commands already offered by the system.

The greater optimisation for the voice commands is a move from MG to address the issue of the Voice Assist - offered as part of the brand's iSmart connected car tech - having difficulty in understanding some Indian accents. The software update is expected to make the Voice Assist more compatible with a greater variety of Indian accents.
Source: ACI
SpideyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 12:05   #2133
Senior - BHPian

MG - "Worth waiting for"

Quote:
Some of the most magical, fascinating things that happen in the world start as a small wish. And it was no different with little Kavya, Anjali, Jhilmil, Zainab and Ganga who wished for nothing more than a quality education leading to a better life.

And we would like to thank you for stepping up to help these girls. Because every time you buy an MG Hector, we donate a token of your love and help in making their wishes come true.
Brilliant campaign by MG. Kudos to their marketing team.
coolkurt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 19:46   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
MG Hector Accessories Price List

for those looking to convert their waitlist points into accessories purchase.

Source: MG Hector Accessories Brochure
Has anyone purchased the MG-branded Dash Camera as a part of accessories points exchange or otherwise?

Any initial thoughts/reviews? Worth the 6K points?
Old 24th October 2019, 22:18   #2135
BHPian

Have been finally informed that our DCT has been despatched with delivery expected sometime next week. Had a query - the dealer is charging us Registration Charges (close to 2lakh) but said that the dealership would not arrange for RTO/Car Number and registration which we have to apply by ourselves. Has someone else experienced this and should not the dealer be responsible for getting the car RTO registration done? Also - what are the Registration charges for?
Old 24th October 2019, 22:26   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Had a query - the dealer is charging us Registration Charges (close to 2lakh) but said that the dealership would not arrange for RTO/Car Number and registration which we have to apply by ourselves.
Based on how things are done here in Chandigarh, the dealer assigns a permanent registration number (if choosing a non-vanity number) and the registration (road tax, etc.) is paid to the Administration via the dealer. The RC (registration certificate) is then dispatched directly to the buyer's (customer's) address by the Administration.

Quote:
Also - what are the Registration charges for?
The dealers here charge an INR 500 fee for assigning a temporary number to get the car out of the door.

And, collect the registration fee (road tax, permanent number fee) on behalf of the Administration / Government for a permanent registration number (if the customer is not opting for a vanity number).

Navi Mumbai may have different rules/processes but here the dealer collects the registration (RC fee, road tax, etc.) and the RC is dispatched directly to the customer. There is NO longer a need to pencil print chassis number and get the vehicle inspected, etc. If, however, someone buys a vehicle from another state and wants to register it in Chandigarh, then they have to follow the manual process of pencil printing the chassis and submitting a file with RLA (registration and licensing authority).

I hope this helps.

Last edited by t2k4 : 24th October 2019 at 22:27. Reason: fixed typo
t2k4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 23:34   #2137
Senior - BHPian

Update regarding delivery schedules

Diesel production is down to a trickle and DCT and Hybrid production is being given a priority as of now. We will see barely a few diesel despatches this month.

I've been promised delivery only by December.
coolkurt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 11:16   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Have been finally informed that our DCT has been despatched with delivery expected sometime next week. Had a query - the dealer is charging us Registration Charges (close to 2lakh) but said that the dealership would not arrange for RTO/Car Number and registration which we have to apply by ourselves. Has someone else experienced this and should not the dealer be responsible for getting the car RTO registration done? Also - what are the Registration charges for?
Registration is done online via Vaahan Portal. Dealers have a separate login to the Portal, all the data entry for the Registration is done by the dealership itself. Further the applicable fee and Road tax is also paid online by them. Once the process in the workflow is complete, the Registration Number is Generated and request for the HSRP is generated. Once the HSRP is fitted in the Car, the details are uploaded to the Vaahan Portal. Also the documents are sent to the respective RTO, once the verification is done by the RTO officials, the RC is generated and sent to owner's address
beast_within is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 12:38   #2139
BHPian

We took delivery of our Petrol DCT today.

Initial impressions coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-img_0530.jpg  

t2k4 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 17:48   #2140
Senior - BHPian

MG Hector: Record 700 deliveries in a single day

Quote:
On the occasion of Dhanteras, 200 units of MG Hector were delivered in Delhi/NCR alone. Another 500 units have been delivered across the country. That’s a whopping 700 deliveries.

With demand soaring, the brand has been working diligently to ensure timely deliveries. Only recently, the 10,000th MG Hector unit was manufactured at the company’s plant in Halol, Gujarat.

Since launch in late June, 38k+ bookings have been confirmed. With production capacity more or less fixed, deliveries for the next 6 months are assured to be in the top band.

MG India plans to ramp up production for its second shift beginning in November. This is in line with increased component supply from vendors. MG Hector bookings were re-opened in late September. And demand continues to be strong.

MG Hector 6 seater will be longer in dimensions compared to its 5 seater counterpart. However, with the inclusion of 3rd row seating, boot space will decrease considerable as compared to that seen on its 5 seater counterpart.

Exteriors will be slightly different, with revised headlight and tail light. There is also a redesigned front bumper and chrome muffler tip along with a new front grille. Interiors would also stay identical in terms of design and features with the only exception being the inclusion of a third row of seating and captain seats like Toyota Innova in the middle row.

The 6 seater MG Hector will be launched in India in Q1 2020 close to the BS VI emission norm deadline. It will compete with the Mahindra XUV500 and with the 7 seater Tata Harrier (Buzzard) upon launch in the country.

Source
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 19:06   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
MG - "Worth waiting for"

Brilliant campaign by MG. Kudos to their marketing team.
Not so very brilliant in my opinion.

I mean putting faces and names to their donations is not cool.

Last edited by SDP : 25th October 2019 at 20:41. Reason: Edited out video link from the quote
Brishti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 14:39   #2142
Senior - BHPian

MG had 28000 bookings initially, and a further 8000+ bookings in the second round, as bookings opened.

They have delivered 7000 cars so far, and the pending order book as claimed by MG is 24000 units. So as a rough estimate, that means 5000 bookings were cancelled as people just couldn't wait this long for the delivery. I'm sure a lot of them got tired of waiting for the hybrid/DCT and some moved to the Seltos.

The bookings have climbed close to 12000 now ( from 8000 initially), taking the total bookings close to 40,000 now, but the actual number should be around 35000.

I think that's the reason why MG is starting the second shift from November and marketing the move hard, so that people are reassured that they'll be given their deliveries in a reasonable time, which is the reason why bookings are going up again.

Once production ramp up stabilises, MG will be able to manufacture 4500 units per month in 2 shifts.
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 21:17   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Will reserve the opinion for full reveal:
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-20191026_211257.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 19:13   #2144
BHPian

Have booked the MG hector DCT after taking 2 test drives and expecting delivery by December/January. Not looking at manual diesel as I want an automatic.

Still confused and considering a few more options in the 20-24 lakh price segment.

Pros for Hector are already well discussed. (Space, VFM, Road presence) and I dont consider mileage to be a big negative for me as my usage will be low and other cars in this segment (Jeep Compass and Hyundai Tucson petrol) have similar mileage. My main concern is the accelration lag and how it will impact the long term ownership as it was not very clear from the test drives. I found the drive smooth but suring test drive did not face any situation requiring high torque or acceleration.

Very few forum members have given thier reviews post taking delivery on these factors. Would really appreciate some more reviews on city/highway/hills usage of the DCT.

Also few disconcerting observations have on the DCT.

1. Multiple people looking to sell the car within 2 months of purchase.

2. Use on influencers on social media to counter negative views. As someone pointed out in an earlier post and even I have observed multiple replies to negative posts on DCT saying we dont face the same problem and the people replying are in each others network and dont seem to own the car. Some profiles are clearly fake.
rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 21:11   #2145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
1. Multiple people looking to sell the car within 2 months of purchase.

2. Use on influencers on social media to counter negative views.
I think most of the people who are looking to sell the Hector DCT are the ones who don't do their homework properly and had outworldly expectations. A petrol SUV weighing 1700 Kgs is not going to be a frugal machine. Most of the listings are there because they weren't happy with the mileage.

It's not ethical but I guess it's more to do a balancing act. There are a lot of negative posts about the Hector on the Facebook forums, especially focusing on its Chinese origins. The same people post negative content which is perception based. So probably why MG has got influencers to be active there. Although the influencers are pretty hilarious with their explanation for their leanings
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks