Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th January 2019, 11:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Rumour: Hyundai updates Elite i20 line up with new features

According to a media report, Hyundai has revised the 2019 Elite i20 line up and updated it with new features. The MY2019 Elite i20 will be available in Era, Magna+, Sportz+ and Asta (O) variants.

Rumour: Hyundai updates Elite i20 line up with new features-elite-i20.jpg

Features like rear parking sensors and Eco Coating are now standard across all variants. The Magna+ variant comes with chrome grille, DRLs and fog lamps, keyless entry, Bluetooth, steering-mounted audio controls and voice recognition.

According to the report, Sportz and Asta variants have been replaced with Sportz+. The single-tone variant gets 15-inch gunmetal alloy wheels, while the dual-tone variant gets 16-inch diamond cut alloys and black ORVMs. Other features include chrome grille, rear parking camera and sensors, Arkamys infotainment system with smartphone connectivity, sliding front armrest and tilt and telescopic adjustment for steering wheel. Wireless charging is offered on the CVT and dual-tone variants. Adjustable rear headrests are only offered on the latter. The top-spec Asta (O) also gets wireless charging.

Both petrol and diesel engine options have been carried over unchanged. The 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol makes 82 BHP and 115 Nm of torque and comes paired with a 5-speed manual or CVT. The optional continuously variable transmission (CVT) is available on the Sportz+ and Asta (O) trims. The 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit puts out 89 BHP and 220 Nm and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.

Source: Motorbeam

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 15:34   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Rumour: Hyundai updates Elite i20 line up with new features

I bought my Magna CVT just last week!!!!! Ugh, why can't Hyundai keep it's variants stable?
First it deletes features and then it again rejigs it.
What's worst is that Magna CVT has been discontinued. Now the only way to get a CVT in i20 is to go for Sportz+ which would be expensive!
DeepakS is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 15:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Too bad, I have ended up booking a Asta CVT. Given chance I would have gone for the Asta (o) CVT which now comes with 6 airbags, adjustable head rests and center arm rest for the rear seat and start/stop button. Or may be I should be happy with the discount I got :(
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 17:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Too bad, I have ended up booking a Asta CVT. Given chance I would have gone for the Asta (o) CVT which now comes with 6 airbags, adjustable head rests and center arm rest for the rear seat and start/stop button. Or may be I should be happy with the discount I got :(
Difference of approx Rs 80k is to be expected between the Asta CVT you've booked and the one that's being launched now. Add in the 50-70k discount you might've easily gotten, i think you're better off with the deal you've already made.
DeepakS is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 22:01   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Still no rear wash-wipe except on Asta(O)? Even Maruti offers it on top two Swift/Ignis variants and three of Baleno.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th January 2019 at 22:04.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 23:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Still no rear wash-wipe except on Asta(O)? Even Maruti offers it on top two Swift/Ignis variants and three of Baleno.
Split rear seat is another feature which is badly missing.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 23:22   #7
BHPian

Any idea on the pricing?

The difference between earlier ASTA MT & AT ex-showroom was 1L+. That takes the price of petrol ASTA(O) AT to 9L ex-showroom which would translate to Bangalore OTR of around 11L
Hope my assumption is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
And so does Ford. Right from trend variants. Wonder how premium are Hyundai's rear wash wipe that it has to be saved for top variant only

Last edited by SoumenD : 10th January 2019 at 23:24.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 23:55   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

The difference between earlier ASTA MT & AT ex-showroom was 1L+. That takes the price of petrol ASTA(O) AT to 9L ex-showroom which would translate to Bangalore OTR of around 11L
If current premium for the CVT is maintained, Asta(O) CVT will cost nearly as much as the Asta(O) CRDi.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2019, 05:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Just bought the Magna Executive petrol for my wife 3 weeks ago. Of course I got a hefty discount of nearly 50k, but I would have really wanted remote locking and reverse parking sensors to have been part of the car. Had to fix both through the dealer due to warranty issues and having to now live with the irritating autocop's remote, plus the key and also the annoying locking sounds.

So with this variant rejig, is the Magna executive variant phased out and the new one is called the Magna plus?

Weird variant combination as always from Hyundai! While the i20 has speed sensing door lock, but no remote lock, My Creta SX has no speed sensing door lock but does have remote lock!

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2019 at 08:30. Reason: Poorly typed post
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 11th January 2019, 15:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Just bought the Magna Executive petrol for my wife 3 weeks ago. Of course I got a hefty discount of nearly 50k, but I would have really wanted remote locking and reverse parking sensors to have been part of the car. .... remote lock, My Creta SX has no speed sensing door lock but does have remote lock!
According to the rumour/news, the Magna Exec. will be discontinued and Magna+ will take it's place.
Only 4 trims now:
1. Era(Base)
2. Magna+(Most VFM with essential features imho).
3. Sports+(The best one to go for if you wan't almost everything).
4. Asta Option(Would be too pricey. Also doesn't offer much above the Sports+)
DeepakS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2019, 15:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

If this Asta(O) CVT version would have been available 3 months back, it would have made my job of zeroing in on the Jazz VX CVT real difficult.
Unavailability of automatic transmission on the top trim, together with slightly bigger dimensions is the reason why I gave the i20 a miss and went for Jazz.
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2019, 08:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Any idea on the pricing?

Hope my assumption is wrong.

Gaadiwaadi.com article shows the new prices. And as expected the ASTA(o) CVT is priced at 9.11 ex-showroom. That would mean Bangalore OTR around 11L

Sports+ CVT is pegged at 8.21 L ex-showroom.

Rumour: Hyundai updates Elite i20 line up with new features-screenshot_201901190849452.png

Source

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th January 2019 at 08:58.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote