Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2019, 14:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault Captur prices slashed by up to Rs. 81,000

Renault has slashed the prices of the Captur by up to Rs. 81,000.

The Renault Captur was launched in November 2017 with prices ranging from Rs. 10-13.89 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Renault has now revised the prices of the higher variants, while prices of the RXE and RXL variants remain unchanged.

Renault Captur prices slashed by up to Rs. 81,000-2017renaultcaptur02.jpg

The price of the RXT Dual Tone Petrol has been reduced by Rs. 41,000 to Rs. 11,45,999, while the RXT Dual Tone Diesel costs Rs. 12,66,999 - a drop of Rs. 60,000. The top-spec Pristine Diesel now costs Rs. 13,24,999, which is massive price cut of Rs. 81,000

Renault is also offering benefits of up to Rs. 2,00,000 on select variants. Customers can avail of cash benefits of Rs. 1,20,000 on RXE Petrol and Diesel variants, Rs. 1,70,000 on RXT Dual Tone variants and Platine Diesel Dual Tone and Rs. 2,00,000 cash benefits on RXL Diesel variants. Additionally, Rs. 60,000 cash discount and Rs. 60,000 exchange bonus is offered on the car. The corporate discount is Rs. 5,000. These offers are only valid on MY2018 cars.

Source: Mycarhelpline

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 15:09   #2
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Captur prices slashed by up to Rs. 81,000

Man! That is a saving of almost 2.5-3L on most of the variants of the Captur. These discounts do make it very tempting, though in all probability, the buyers will suffer from poor resale down the line when selling the car. The discounts even it out though. So at almost the same price as an Ecosport, you can get a car which is half a segment higher.

Normally, with a low selling product like this, parts availability would have been an issue as well, however, the close connection of this car with the Duster negates that to some extent.
AYP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 15:18   #3
BHPian

Is the price cut done to make room for the Kicks? We know that Nissan version of cars has been costlier than Renault in the past. But looking at the pricing of the Captur, a even higher priced Kicks would have been dead on arrival. Renault-Nissan is killing 2 birds with this:
a) This might infuse some interest in the Captur
b) Kicks can be priced at the earlier prices of Captur and still undercut Creta (which is very much required)
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 15:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Is the price cut done to make room for the Kicks?
I would say this is the price they should have launched it with! Renault took the premium tag too seriously, even though the car was not upto it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
We know that Nissan version of cars has been costlier than Renault in the past.
In the case of their badge engineered cars, the rebadged version was more expensive than the original. Sunny was cheaper than Scala, Micra cheaper than Pulse - but just the opposite in case of Terrano over Duster, where the Renault was the original.

Kicks being a seperate product than Captur (though they share the same platform), pricing could be independent. Another overpriced product will be the last thing Renault - Nissan needs on their portfolio.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Renault has slashed the prices of the Captur by up to Rs. 81,000.

Source: Mycarhelpline
Renault Captur prices (mentioned in the source link) were revised / reduced almost 3 months back in Oct' 18 itself. Mycarhelpline is probably posting it now

Last edited by Prafful_Rathod : 10th January 2019 at 15:37.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 08:26   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sigh, if only Renault had priced the Captur at this level @ launch. They'd gotten away with the Duster's overpricing because there was simply no competition for it at the time. Renault tried going for profits and tried that with the Captur, but it fell flat on its face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
So at almost the same price as an Ecosport, you can get a car which is half a segment higher.
Size isn't everything. When I took the Captur for a highway run, my observation was that the product itself has a lot of flaws. The EcoSport, on the other hand, is a superbly engineered + sorted product.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 10:19   #7
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Size isn't everything. When I took the Captur for a highway run, my observation was that the product itself has a lot of flaws. The EcoSport, on the other hand, is a superbly engineered + sorted product.
I agree, but for many people it may turn out to be the talking point. Especially for those who want to get the most 'SUV' for their buck. And size does improve the road presence of the car along with an added benefit of extra room inside the cabin.

It would be inappropriate to say that the Captur is a better product than the Ecosport, even I will pick the Ecosport over this car. It is just that for a similar price, the Captur does offer you benefits like bigger size and better road presence among a few others. And while it is not exactly a similar comparison, perhaps far from it, but to some extent, it is quite like the proposition the XUV(the lower variants) offers to the Creta(top variant) buyers.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 15:01   #8
BHPian

I'm struggling to decide if I should go for the Captur now or the Kicks. I feel, it's going to be the same car in terms of driving experience, with some funky features added.

I do hate the touchscreen that is common across the Kwid and Duster.
Old 11th January 2019, 15:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaityari View Post
I'm struggling to decide if I should go for the Captur now or the Kicks. I feel, it's going to be the same car in terms of driving experience, with some funky features added.

I do hate the touchscreen that is common across the Kwid and Duster.
I think you should wait for the Kicks. It appears to be a more rounded vehicle with better equipment and much better interiors. The only thing in Captur's favour is the discounts. Unless you are very tight on the budget (in such case you can look elsewhere), Kicks makes more sense.

Also, the touchscreen system is new and not carried from Renault. It offers Android Auto and Car Play as well.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 13:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

In a more recent development, the Renault Captur is now only available in RXE and Platine Dual Tone variants in both Petrol and Diesel guise with the latest requisites as per BNVSAP guidelines (Rear Parking Sensors, Speed Alerts, etc.). Latest April 2019 Brochure and Price List (ex-Showroom Dehradun) attached for reference.

Renault Captur prices slashed by up to Rs. 81,000-screenshot-107.png
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CAPTURbrochureApril2019.pdf (1.91 MB, 181 views)
Old 18th April 2019, 13:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sigh, if only Renault had priced the Captur at this level @ launch. They'd gotten away with the Duster's overpricing because there was simply no competition for it at the time.
Size isn't everything. When I took the Captur for a highway run, my observation was that the product itself has a lot of flaws.
They tried to sell a M size Shirt as a XXL variant, why would anyone buy if both sizes are same. Renault's marketing strategy is a typical China bazaar outlet type which we find on streets.

Most Viewed