Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2019, 14:57   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Next-gen 2020 Hyundai Creta spotted testing in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Korean design language had evolved to a very refined level.
This one takes it back to square one. Reminds me of the impossibly ugly Verna facelift (epitome of bad Korean designs)
I'm sure there is a mole in Hyundai design studio. This mole doesn't steal secrets. Instead approves the ugliest design on the table. A powerful mole implanted by Suzuki/VW or someone. The Hyundai designs were coming of age and were suddenly becoming as tasty as Europeans - that was very dangerous considering the cars also run well and are quite reliable. This mole is in complete charge of the grille design too.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 17:05   #32
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Next-gen 2020 Hyundai Creta spotted testing in China

Hey guys, I was checking out other upcoming options before taking delivery of Seltos, and came upon this. I was blown away by the interior, frankly. But getting a doubt, I went and checked the Seltos when it was showcased in this way before launch:

Check out the interiors at 00:47. Then see what it has become now

Could it be possible the same will happen in this much of a scale for the Creta, too?
Old 6th September 2019, 20:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Next-gen 2020 Hyundai Creta spotted testing in China

I thought the 2020 Creta was a one off, in terms of bad design. And then I happened to see the 2020 Verna, and then it strikes you that the design language from Hyundai has in general just lost it! The existing Verna is so classic and it takes cues from the current Elantra, which is also a good looking car. And now the new 2020 Verna looks so tacky! If you take away the Hyundai badge, someone would mistake these new Hyundai cars to be from a Chinese automobile manufacturer.

If this is the case with Hyundai designs, I may never buy one again!
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed