Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2019, 12:27   #16

Re: West Bengal: Issues with paying Road Tax online

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
My '14 Grand i10's road tax permit is due this month.
I was trying to pay the road-tax beforehand using the parivahan.gov.in site.

However, upon entering the car details, I am getting an error :

"Alert!Vehicle registration status found active in more than one RTO/ State, Please contact respective RTO for de-activation of vehicle registration as per your requirement."

Is there any way to resolve it, without having to physically enter the RTO premises?
I had a similar issue recently, where I couldn't obtain a PUC certificate because my car was apparently registered under 2 RTOs, just like sharktale. So anyone facing the same problem, read on on how to resolve this. By the way, I'm sharing my experience with respect to PVD Kolkata at Beltola Road. This might not be applicable for other RTOs

1. Go to the RTO where your car was originally registered, in my case, it was at PVD Kolkata at Beltola Road with the following documents along with their photocopies

- Smart Card
- Tax Certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- The last PUC Certificate
- Address proof which reflects the address in the smart card. This is very important. Few people had turned up with their present address proof, which was different from the one in their smart card and were harassed a lot. If the address on your smart card and your adhar cards are the same, then take your adhar card (and its photocopy), otherwise, take the relevant address proof. I took my passport.
- For BS2 and BS3 vehicle owners, some document (preferably the original purchase receipt that mentions that the vehicle emission norms are as per BS2 or BS3) is required. Few people were turned away due to lack of such document.

2. Once you are at the RTO premises, you will be approached by a number of touts, who will offer to do your work on behalf of you for a nominal fee of Rs 20. This is a trap. Do not fall for it. The RTO officers work in collusion with the touts. If a tout presents your application, chances are that the RTO officer will reject it, citing mismatch in records or other dependencies, and will demand a hefty fine. Once you pay the fine to the officer, the tout will get a part of it. All the while, you would be thinking you paid the tout only a paltry sum of Rs 20 for all your troubles.

3. For PVD Kolkata at Beltola Road, go to the building adjacent to the Enquiry office. Take the stairs to the 2nd Floor. Once you reach the second floor, go towards the right. You need to visit the office of Gobindo Babu (I forgot his surname). Stand in the queue and wait your turn. Mine took about 1 hour.

Just like sharktale, my car's registration details mysteriously appeared under Behala ARTO as well. But in the end, the RTO officer made the rectification and now everything is in order.

Hope this helps people facing the same problem.
dibubhai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 11:32   #17
BHPian

Today I deposited West Bengal MV Tax for my car online at Parivahan Web Site. Initial Process is simple; however, payment process is little unnerving.

In the Website, from the Drop-down menu of Online Services, click vehicle related services > Click relevant State

This will open a new page Vahan 4.0 where one needs to put vehicle Registration detail. This will give option "Pay your Tax". Please note this cursor on this option will display a message "Pay Tax for commercial vehicle". Nevertheless, click on this option and it will prompt for mobile number which is registered at MV to validate the detail.

An OTP will be generated and on entering the OTP, Vehicle detail will be displayed. Please check carefully all the detail of your vehicle displayed. If there is any anomaly, please do not proceed further and it is better to contact RTO.

For my case, under the row "Tax detail" lumsum five years option was shown. Click payment and this will open a new page. Follow the process to pay the tax thru GRIPs payment gateway with netbanking.

Here I would like to mention that the new GRIPs page which opened did not have link to Parivahan site which was little unsettling!

On completion of payment, the successful payment page will appear; be careful not to close this page, there is a button at the bottom "Redirect to Merchant Site". On clicking this, the receipt page will open from where one can download the Tax Receipt Copy.

Hope this information will help those who are willing to pay tax online !
Subby is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 14:27   #18
BHPian

Hello Santanu,

Please let us know if the receipt received by you is accepted by the authorities?

Also, I was trying to pay the tax today, is it the website (below) ?

West Bengal: Issues with paying Road Tax online-road-tax-website.png

Regards,
Sayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsantanu View Post
I recently paid road tax on 5th March for my grand i10 for which expiry was on 10th March. The process is more or less simple, although not as simple as shopping online. They don't allow payment by credit card.
There was only one confusion - The tooltip that pop up when you hover the mouse over "Pay your Tax" says "Pay commercial Vehicles Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly MV tax online using internet banking, debit card".

I called up mPariVahan helpesk @ 0120 2459168. They were also not sure whether tax for private cars are allowed online.
However I proceeded and and paid the Tax online. It saved me the time to visit RTO.
However I am skeptical whether the same is valid. I have taken print out of the receipt and laminated it.

I also received a copy of challan for the payment.

It will be some relief if some one can clear my doubt whether it is valid.
Thanks in advance !!
sayakc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 18:52   #19

Yes, This is the website. It does SMS authentication once you enter your vehicle details.

Regarding acceptability - I have not been asked between this period to show the tax receipt by any authority. I hope it is fine. New car buyers also get this type of receipt nowadays !!
netsantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 11:54   #20
BHPian

Thank you Santanu. I verified with a colleague of mine the print out received is indeed authentic and his papers were checked by the police and there weren't any issues.

I too have paid the next 5 years tax that way - hassle free!

For everyone's benefit:

1. Go to https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in
2. Enter the registration number of the car and mobile number. A 4 digit code is generated.
3. Select "Pay your tax"
4. Pay through the online banking system.
5. A print out of the format is generated:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4556675 (West Bengal: Issues with paying Road Tax online)

6. Login to the Parivahan website after 2-3 hours. Observe that the road tax received date is extended by 5 years.

Hope this helps everyone.

BR,
Sayak

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsantanu View Post
Yes, This is the website. It does SMS authentication once you enter your vehicle details.

Regarding acceptability - I have not been asked between this period to show the tax receipt by any authority. I hope it is fine. New car buyers also get this type of receipt nowadays !!

Last edited by sayakc : 30th August 2019 at 11:56.
sayakc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 16:16   #21
BHPian

Hello guys,

I paid the MV tax online to day. My car is registered at Kharagpur. I got the receipt and everything, but the problem is:
Tax Upto - updated to 2025
Tax Clear Upto - still March 2020.

And there's the below disclaimer.

Quote:
*Note: Dear user, in case you haven't done Tax Clearance after paying tax for a particular period, then please contact your RTO for tax clearance to avoid any kind of penalty and extra tax payment.
Any idea what this is about and how to resolve it?
Old 31st March 2020, 16:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Take the payment receipt to the RTO, they are open during the lockdown as well.

Or it can wait till the lockdown is over because you risk getting challaned for breaking the curfew if you go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Hello guys,

I paid the MV tax online to day. My car is registered at Kharagpur. I got the receipt and everything, but the problem is:
Tax Upto - updated to 2025
Tax Clear Upto - still March 2020.

And there's the below disclaimer.

Any idea what this is about and how to resolve it?
Old 31st March 2020, 17:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Take the payment receipt to the RTO, they are open during the lockdown as well.

Or it can wait till the lockdown is over because you risk getting challaned for breaking the curfew if you go out.
Okay, I'll probably wait for the lockdown to be over. Are you aware of any process and/or fees for this?

Don't see the logic to keep a physical step since this could've been completed online.
Old 31st March 2020, 17:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Okay, I'll probably wait for the lockdown to be over. Are you aware of any process and/or fees for this?

Don't see the logic to keep a physical step since this could've been completed online.
Is this for a FC renewal? If so the RTO inspector has to physically inspect the vehicle and pass it before your registration is renewed. Or is this the "pay 5 years worth of tax instead of life tax" in WB? Even that will require an inspection I suppose.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 19:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Is this for a FC renewal? If so the RTO inspector has to physically inspect the vehicle and pass it before your registration is renewed. Or is this the "pay 5 years worth of tax instead of life tax" in WB? Even that will require an inspection I suppose.
Not FC renewal. It's 5 years RT payment, yes. As per multiple posts on this thread, this should not require any inspection per se. But don't know if some babus want some extra cash during this difficult time and hence would want to hold it.

Last edited by nerd1200 : 23rd June 2020 at 19:41.
Old 23rd June 2020, 19:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not FC renewal. It's 5 years RT payment, yes. As per multiple posts on this thread, this should not require any inspection per se. But don't know if some babus want some extra cash during this difficult time and hence would want to hold it.
mParivahan says your tax is valid till Jan 14 2025. Donot think you need to worry actually. After the lockdown is over we can have someone check with the RTO.
Old 2nd August 2020, 23:40   #27
BHPian

Hi all,
I have recently paid my WB registered car road tax renewal payment online, its very simple and follows these steps:
* Open Google Chrome, type ‘https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/’
* When the Parivahan site opens, click on ‘Online services tab’
* Select ‘Vehicle Related Services’
* Based on your state select ‘Delhi & Sikkim’ or ‘Other States’
* Enter vehicle registration number and click Proceed
* Click on ‘Pay your tax’ and complete the formalities of details
And its done very fast

I have also made a small video with step to step guide.
StallionAmit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 12:22   #28
BHPian

I have paid the road tax online and got the challan printout. The e-challan contains my payment details but not my vehicle details. Is there a way to get the vehicle road tax certificate online with vehicle details mentioned?
Old 1st March 2021, 12:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi all,
I have recently paid my WB registered car road tax renewal payment online, its very simple and follows these steps:
* Open Google Chrome, type ‘https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/’
* When the Parivahan site opens, click on ‘Online services tab’
* Select ‘Vehicle Related Services’
* Based on your state select ‘Delhi & Sikkim’ or ‘Other States’
* Enter vehicle registration number and click Proceed
* Click on ‘Pay your tax’ and complete the formalities of details
And its done very fast

I have also made a small video with step to step guide.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=9ciISAchFu8
I have paid the road tax online and got the challan printout. The e-challan contains my payment details but not my vehicle details. Is there a way to get the vehicle road tax certificate online with vehicle details mentioned?
Old 1st March 2021, 13:02   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik25 View Post
This can be downloaded from the Parivahan site itself on Vehicle Services -> Select which state -> click the Download Document menu item to print your RC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks