Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2020, 21:45   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota to launch Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza) in FY 2020-21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
If this newly revealed part is the DRL, then it appears to be slightly different to the ACI render that was discussed earlier (Page 7) in this thread.
That’s not the DRL, it will get the same headlights that the Brezza gets. Autocar’s render is the exact car we will get!

If I am not wrong the Urban Cruiser was going to be launched in September, seems like Toyota realised it will not be able to hold a candle to the Kia Sonet scheduled to launch in September , hence let’s launch it now. Anyways the car was already ready only the launch was pending.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 23:26   #122
BHPian

Kia Sonet, Mahindra Thar, Renault Duster 1.3L and now the Urban Cruiser, this month is turning out to be a very festive one for all Bhpians.
stormdRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 23:59   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdRider View Post
Kia Sonet, Mahindra Thar, Renault Duster 1.3L and now the Urban Cruiser, this month is turning out to be a very festive one for all Bhpians.
After the Sonet and Thar really moved the game forward with features and powertrain options for their segment - Duster and Urban Cruiser are reality checks that 'Old wine in new bottle' is still the case with most products in the Indian market.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 00:54   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
4 AT

Toyota, why do this to yourself! At least a CVT box! Unbelievable how they think they can rake in the numbers with petrol and historical gear boxes whereas the competition is coming up with crazy stuff. Game on for Korea vs Japan!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 10:23   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
After the Sonet and Thar really moved the game forward with features and powertrain options for their segment - Duster and Urban Cruiser are reality checks that 'Old wine in new bottle' is still the case with most products in the Indian market.
Well, technically Duster is new wine in an old bottle, because the exeriors & interiors remain the same, you just have a new lovely engine!

On the urban cruiser, I think it will be a sales dud. People have much better options in the market today in the CSUV segment. The ancient 4AT is also sad to see.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 10:35   #126
KPR
BANNED

Baleno had a future that time when re badged Glanza was released. Vitara Brezza doesn't have potential like Baleno unless the designer at Toyota bring some big magic in looks. Atleast bring one sun roof in it to bring new life so that customer come to look at urban cruiser. That 10-15L sub-4m SUV is now Hyundai & Kia's fort. Had they released a Toyota Swift instead of this it would be bringing some sales number to Toyota. I will wait to see one UC in real.

Last edited by KPR : 19th August 2020 at 10:36.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 11:10   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Baleno had a future that time when re badged Glanza was released. Vitara Brezza doesn't have potential like Baleno unless the designer at Toyota bring some big magic in looks. Atleast bring one sun roof in it to bring new life so that customer come to look at urban cruiser. That 10-15L sub-4m SUV is now Hyundai & Kia's fort. Had they released a Toyota Swift instead of this it would be bringing some sales number to Toyota. I will wait to see one UC in real.
Actually my feeling is little different. The Urban Cruiser might do well for itself vs the Glanza.

The Baleno was symbolic to Maruti and almost nobody bought the argument when it was sold under Toyota.

However the Brezza with its solid build and better overall feel might be able to carry the T badge. However the Brezza sore point was the interior was half a notch down than the Baleno. If this has not been addressed by Toyota then this will be the biggest sore point of the Urban Cruiser.

The dials looked terrible, the MID was basic and the steering wheel looked outdated. They should atleast get the Swift/Dzire steering wheel with T badge.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 11:11   #128
BHPian

Contrary to opinions here, I feel Urban Cruiser will bring in decent sales to Toyota, just like Glanza. As shown by Glanza, rebadging will not stop Toyota's target customers from buying one aided by Toyota's famed ASS and a better standard warranty period.

And as for the argument about the 4-speed AT being ancient, it still does a good job within the city. Mass market cares about practicality rather than outright performance.

So my verdict, Urban Cruiser will do 2000 odd sales for Toyota.
arunramaswamy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 11:15   #129
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Actually my feeling is little different. The Urban Cruiser might do well for itself vs the Glanza.
Deep in my heart I wish this to happen. As a product and as a NA petrol engine choice this car is a no nonsense buy ticking all boxes for good reasons. All I need is Toyota's fine touches. Otherwise buyers are forced upon by turbo choices by the Korean and Indian manufacturers. Honda never understand the importance of WRV petrol.

Last edited by KPR : 19th August 2020 at 11:18.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 11:16   #130
Senior - BHPian

So it is all about doing the bus body building work that make coaches resemble Volvo/Scania rather than actually doing something worthwhile for the customers like adding a proper hybrid. In this case, the work has gone into differentiating the car a bit from the original model.

Good going Toyota. They have a solid plan actually. Their big money makers are chugging along nicely, these random lipstick on a pig stuff will give them more money without much investments.

Toyota has a plethora of automatic transmissions with them. Maruti and Toyota could have taken the time to pick one and pair it with this engine. Considering that it is being used in multiple cars now, it would have served well for both of them.

Guess that is too much to ask from this marriage of convenience.
SchumiFan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2020, 11:47   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Actually my feeling is little different. The Urban Cruiser might do well for itself vs the Glanza...
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Contrary to opinions here, I feel Urban Cruiser will bring in decent sales to Toyota, just like Glanza...
I agree with the above views. The general public hardly cares about the transmission types etc. Most just want to hear automatic ya manual?

So I peg this a success for Toyota.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 09:51   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

While bookings to start on Aug 22nd, Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV launch will be on 22nd Sep 2020.

Toyota to launch Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza) in FY 2020-21-toyotaurbancruiserlanchdate600x337.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th August 2020 at 09:54.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 10:06   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
While bookings to start on Aug 22nd, Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV launch will be on 22nd Sep 2020.

Attachment 2045315

Link
Rival Kia Sonet too opened its bookings , good luck Toyota . It will do better than Glanza or will eat into its sales. But deliveries only by November 2nd ? It's too late right ?
Old 20th August 2020, 11:00   #134
Senior - BHPian

Toyota to launch Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza) in FY 2020-21-ub_1.jpg

Rendered image.

Source
Old 20th August 2020, 14:26   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Upper part of the face of the Urban Cruiser has been shown in the new teaser. Come on Toyota just reveal the complete car everyone knows how it’s going to look since you gave Autocar India a sneak peek already!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota to launch Urban Cruiser (rebadged Vitara Brezza) in FY 2020-21-eb8fdb5eb8d0432aaf389c023dba77c0.jpeg  

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 20th August 2020 at 14:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks