Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2019, 12:11   #1
BHPian

Maruti-Suzuki introduces servicing @ night

Maruti Suzuki India has launched a night service initiative in five cities namely Gurugram, Noida, Sahibabad, Bangalore, Mangalore and Bhubaneswar for customers willing to service their cars overnight.
Source : https://m.timesofindia.com/videos/au...w/67903749.cms
Ponbaarathi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 12:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti-Suzuki introduces servicing @ night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Maruti Suzuki India has launched a night service initiative.
Nice Initiative.
Maruti workshops are always overcrowded and overloaded. MS workshop in my hometown is working in three shifts and even on Sundays to cope up the numbers of cars and service levels. Due to this same reason, I started going to Nexa service for my non-Nexa MS Brezza. However, things are the same even at Nexa service nowadays. Looking at the sales number of MS cars, these kind of initiatives are the need of time.
SJM1214 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 13:29   #3
BHPian

Good initiative. I just hope that customer's cars will not be taken out on roads for testing purposes during odd hours without the presence of the owner. Chances are that those test drives may convert to joy rides having dire consequences.

I just hope there is some strict guidelines regarding this.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 16:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Finally, someone has done it; I've been pondering over this idea for over 2 decades on servicing the vehicles over the night or during the 8 hours time when the vehicle is parked at office parking lot & not being used after 9 AM & before 6 PM

Hopefully Maruti addresses issues where in they've to take consent of customers for certain tasks & they wake up the customers at night & they don't get irritated.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 17:36   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Finally, someone has done it; I've been pondering over this idea for over 2 decades on servicing the vehicles over the night or during the 8 hours time when the vehicle is parked at office parking lot & not being used after 9 AM & before 6 PM
Suraksha Car care in Bangalore took initiative and kick started 24*7 service 5-6 years back itself but I think later they wound it up.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post3161432 (Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting))
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti-Suzuki introduces servicing @ night-maruti-247.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 18:01   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

In matters of customer service Maruti often have the lead and the initiative. Little wonder they dominate the market. If you sell a product that is eminently affordable to buy and to run and then back it with excellent service it is a winning combination. Pity some of the more expensive luxury brands don't seem to get it. Some look down on Maruti as making tinny, unsafe cars - but so then by whose standards. If we move from a Volvo to a M800 yes it is less safe. But what if the buyer is moving from a scooter carrying a family of four to an M800. Easy point to miss.
V.Narayan is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 19:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

I rather have the Maruti workshops open on Sundays rather than have them open overnight. A night service means someone has to stay up all night to work on our cars. Coming from IT where I have worked at night time I think it's wrong to deviod humans of a good night's sleep. A regular day job keeps humans more happy and healthy. A happy employee will do his job better means would service our cars better.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 20:28   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice initiative. Especially for people working Mon-Fri, will have their Saturdays free. Come home on any weekday and drop the vehicle or schedule a pickup. Take the serviced vehicle the next day while going to office.
But the only issue is about taking permission for some unexpected work or to replace some parts. Either they'll put unnecessary parts without asking or they'll wait for the permission from the owner the next day.
Old 9th February 2019, 20:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Suraksha Car care in Bangalore took initiative and kick started 24*7 service 5-6 years back itself but I think later they wound it up.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post3161432 (Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting))
Kalyani Motors Bilekahalli had/still has night service. Once a bunch of technicians from their 24X7 breakdown assistance helped me unlock my dad's Nano after I had forgotten the keys inside.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 10th February 2019, 08:58   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope that the people who work the graveyard shift get compensated monetarily.

And those who want night service should pay a premium that makes it possible for the employers to pay the night shift wages.

IMHO I don't think is fair at all. Services like transport, medical emergencies, roadside assistance, hospitality industries, etc. need to operate 24/7. I don't think we need car service at midnight. Everyone is busy and at the same time everyone has a life. Think about it.

Last edited by kiku007 : 10th February 2019 at 08:59.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 09:12   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I rather have the Maruti workshops open on Sundays rather than have them open overnight. A night service means someone has to stay up all night to work on our cars. Coming from IT where I have worked at night time I think it's wrong to deviod humans of a good night's sleep. A regular day job keeps humans more happy and healthy. .
I think all service centers are open on Sundays from quite sometime. At least my Maruti dealer is open on Sundays from at least three years. So this is in addition to that. For fleet owners, taxi drivers etc this is pretty useful when they need as less downtime as possible. For an individual owner, I wonder if this really makes a difference.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 12:51   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
You are spot on with this, the service is still available at Surakshaa Car Care, Bomanahalli. The night service has been restricted to general check up/service and other services like repairing a flat tyre. No other major services will take place during the night shift according to the information I received when I last enquired with them.
FURY_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 14:27   #13
BHPian

A nice move by MSIL. I think this will benefit the fleet operators more than private customers as they wouldn't have to miss out on a day's earnings while it will be a relatively smaller incentive to the private owners.

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 13:23   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I rather have the Maruti workshops open on Sundays rather than have them open overnight. A night service means someone has to stay up all night to work on our cars. Coming from IT where I have worked at night time I think it's wrong to deviod humans of a good night's sleep. A regular day job keeps humans more happy and healthy. A happy employee will do his job better means would service our cars better.
+1 to this. We need 24x7 roadside support, not service. This will only increase the operating cost of SC as they need to employ more personnel to cover the night shift. They would surely charge extra for night servicing but whether this will be passed on to the workers is another question. Servicing on Sundays should suffice for most of us I guess.
emkay.india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 13:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
IMHO I don't think is fair at all. Services like transport, medical emergencies, roadside assistance, hospitality industries, etc. need to operate 24/7. I don't think we need car service at midnight. Everyone is busy and at the same time everyone has a life. Think about it.
The service centre of the dealership I used to work with had such a service once or twice a month for the cabbies. It was super hit. Imagine, for a person who's business runs on his vehicle being in a good condition, this will enable no downtime.

Further, there are other cases like local hospitals, school vans which have a higher load in the day time but less/limited work in the nights, who could benefit.

Another aspect is capacity utilisation - By night service, load on the day shift can be reduced. The dealer can manage with fewer bays as well. Ofcourse I'm not saying to ask the staff to work 24X7, but have 2 shifts. Regarding Sunday working, most bigger service centres work 7 days a week or have an off on one of the weekdays.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks