Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2019, 11:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota introduces "at home" servicing

Toyota has launched "Service Express", a doorstep car maintenance service for customers. It currently covers remote areas of Rajasthan.

Toyota introduces "at home" servicing-full-vehicle3.jpg

Service Express will provide all kinds of period maintenance services, be it minor or major repairs. Other services like 1 hour Express Maintenance, wheel balancing, wheel alignment and eco-car wash will also be offered. The company also plans to provide car care services including minor body-paint jobs.

In addition to Service Express, Toyota already has Mobile Service Vans for break down services and minor repairs.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 12th February 2019 at 11:41.
TusharK is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 12:03   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota introduces "at home" servicing

Currently at my native, Bhawanipatna in Odisha, the nearest Toyota Service Centre is 200+kms away. Even few years ago there used to be such sort of service not sure what do they call it, but there was a service vehicle which used to visit on every Thursday and they would go on to doorstep and serve.
peus017 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2019, 12:19   #3
BHPian

I really do not understand. If Toyota thinks it has customers in remote areas that they have decided to conduct the service at their doorstep, why not open an authorised workshop? Won't it generate employment besides increased sales?
Old 12th February 2019, 12:44   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
why not open an authorised workshop? Won't it generate employment besides increased sales?

Dealerships needs cars coming in for service to make money. It's a capital intensive business.

Here they are talking about remote areas. So it could be that those areas don't have enough Toyota cars to appoint dealership financially viable.

Unless there are lot of customers in an area, no dealer would be willing to invest.

Whereas these mobile vans can be moved around the place enhancing the service experience for a customer. Good move IMO.
vaasscit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 09:48   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota introduces "at home" servicing

Pretty cool initiatives. Just yesterday, I read about Maruti's night servicing, and here is another idea whose time has come.

The basic services with mainly lube + filter changes can easily be performed at the owner's home. I hope this spreads to urban areas too. Will save owners time & increase the capacity of dealers with minimal investment.

Suggestion to Toyota = Better increase the service intervals of your UVs too. That'll offer great convenience to your owners. The current 5,000 km service visit requirement is ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
Here they are talking about remote areas. So it could be that those areas don't have enough Toyota cars to appoint dealership financially viable.
True. And on a related note, those who get a dealership in a major district really rake in the moolah. Years back, I was talking to a Mahindra (or was it Toyota??) dealer from Nashik who said that he services cars from 200 villages & towns nearby.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed