Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2019, 13:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Aspire CNG launched at Rs. 6.27 lakh

Ford has launched two CNG variants of the new Aspire compact sedan in India. The Ambiente variant costs Rs. 6,27,414, while the Trend Plus trim is priced at Rs. 7,12,314 (ex-showroom).

Ford Aspire CNG launched at Rs. 6.27 lakh-ford-aspire-cng1.jpg

The new Aspire was launched in October 2018. The facelift version gets a new grille and front bumper with C-shaped trim around the fog lamp pods. It has revised headlights and tail lights as well as a redesigned rear bumper. Ford has also introduced new design alloy wheels on the new model. Inside, the Aspire CNG gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system that has Bluetooth and navigation. Other features include rear view camera, remote central locking, automatic climate control and power windows. The Aspire CNG comes with driver and passenger side airbags as standard.

The Aspire CNG is powered by the 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that puts out 95 BHP and 120 Nm of torque and comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The sequential CNG kit has been integrated with the engine ECU, which is claimed to optimize gas flow in each cylinder. The car comes with 'Suspension type cylinder fitment' that is claimed to free up space in the boot. Ford has also added a front stabilizer bar which is claimed to improve the car’s ride and handling, especially with the extra weight of the CNG cylinder.

The Aspire CNG comes with a 2-year / 1,00,000 km standard warranty. The service interval is 1-year / 10,000 km and the CNG kits will be service every 2-years / 20,000 km. The overall maintenance cost is claimed to be 46 paise / km.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 14:10   #2
BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire CNG launched at Rs. 6.27 lakh

Trend Plus variant is very well-equipped car for a personal buyer and I think Ford would be targeting Personal buyers only with this variant and targeting taxi buyers with Ambiente one.
It would be great if Ford could restrict colour of Aspire "allowed" to be registered as Taxi to WHITE and keep other colours from palette open for personal buyers.

Cross posting in this thread as this thread was not available earlier.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 16:18   #3
BHPian

This is a very exciting launch from Ford to take on the CNG fort currently dominated by maruti or retrofitted by Hyundai at its own backyard. Ford cars have a better build compared to either maruti or hyundai. Ford has also altered front suspension to improve vehicle dynamics. Even the brake performance has been altered to give a better braking to the car. With a factory fitted Speed governor, it should make a very good choice for cab service in the city for the ambiente model and Trend plus for the normal public. Just hope that speed governor is not a part of all CNG variants.

I really wish that maruti does not lobby against ford. And i also keep my fingers crossed that indian public open ups to other manufacturers who give a much better product.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 10:06   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Would make a decent cab, but Ford will have to really lure commercial buyers with heavy incentives. What I don't like = the CNG kit is fitted at the dealer level. Should have been factory installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
I think Ford would be targeting Personal buyers only with this variant and targeting taxi buyers with Ambiente one.
It would be great if Ford could restrict colour of Aspire "allowed" to be registered as Taxi to WHITE
The Aspire is a poor seller. There is no question of making colours & variants to target anyone. Ford will take any customer it can get for the Aspire.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2019, 10:21   #5
Team-BHP Support

A good move from Ford; whatever helps to get more cars sold. It may seem this is targeted towards the taxi segment.

A word of caution though: Maruti and Hyundai could manage to have their cars sold as taxis because their private buyers are exponentially higher. Tata suffered from the taxi tag; Ford would be wise in ensuring their target audience doesn't change.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 09:13   #6
BHPian

Had a chance to test drive the car yesterday in Pune.
Test drive car available at showroom was a Trend variant. NOT Trend+, which was surprise!
I did confirm this with sales executive twice if it is not an Ambiente variant, but cross checking with brochure confirmed it to be Trend variant.
Then came the second surprise that showroom did not have the prices yet, even after 15+days of launch.
So, they did gave me approx. price saying expect Rs. 70,000 more than standard petrol variant.

Even though the CNG kit did look like an aftermarket fitment, the performance was just like how a factory fitted kit would deliver.
No power lag, no jerks even when AC was turned ON.
No noticeable difference in power while driving on Petrol and CNG back to back.

As per the sales guy, Trend+ variant will be the only available version for private buyer while Ambiente is for taxi operators.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 17:05   #7
BHPian

MotorOctane's review, of the trend variant though.
Old 30th May 2019, 11:29   #8
BHPian

I think Ford has discontinued or rather have not gone ahead with launching Aspire CNG in Trend + variant for private buyers.
Website also shows only Trend variant with Speed Governor which means it will only be available for fleet operators.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks