Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2007, 19:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

A stupid and illogical excuse from Honda. As everyone else mentioned, when we have so many CRDi cars running here without any issues (I did read here that adulterated diesel can cause havoc with the CRDi), including the premium cars like Benz, this argument does not hold water.

Though using this to brand their products as not worth the price charged, charging them with exploitation, -ve attitude and lack of commitment to customer etc is much more illogical. For God's sake, they do not have a monopoly in place here that forces us to buy their cars. People buy them of their own choice and for valid reasons too.

No one, not even Honda, can make fools of all people all the time.
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:05   #32
BHPian

Honda must be thinking of inventing cars which runs on water instead of petrol or diesel which causes pollution. That can be a logical explanation

Last edited by adarsh76 : 22nd January 2007 at 23:06.
Old 22nd January 2007, 23:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Does Honda's diesel motor require rocket fuel to burn?! Its a fantastic 2.2 diesel at that and wont we love to have it in the CRV/Accord? Or does Honda think otherwise..?
Old 23rd January 2007, 01:18   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Honda must be thinking of inventing cars which runs on water instead of petrol or diesel which causes pollution. That can be a logical explanation
They have already invented a car which runs on water, well almost. It does give out H2O as the only exhaust product.
Old 23rd January 2007, 01:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

My friend owns a 7 series diesel Beemer and my uncle has a C class 500D here in Delhi. Now, both of them fill their tanks at the HP pump near Hotel Ashok.

Both the cars are running & purring wonderfully. No one makes better diesels than these two auto makers. So, what is Honda cribbing about?
Old 23rd January 2007, 01:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
My friend owns a 7 series diesel Beemer and my uncle has a C class 500D here in Delhi. Now, both of them fill their tanks at the HP pump near Hotel Ashok.
-500 D ?? ive never heard of that one. I dont think Mercedes made or make a diesel in the 500- engine series.
Old 23rd January 2007, 05:53   #37
BHPian

Silly Excuse

I have been a huge Honda Fan for many years now. Honda IMO believes they know what is best for their customers..and not always gives what the customers want. This whole reasoning by them about Diesel being not upto mark makes no sense. Going by the same yardstick..I bet our Petrol is adulterated too..and that doesn't stop them from bringing their petrol engines.

I guess since they are selling every car they can make...it may be ok to have that attitude. But still there is no excuse for them not to bring their great i-CTDI engine to India. They plan on bringing them stateside in 2009.

There must be a way to channel back the feedback to them. If enough number of customers ask for the engine, they may change their minds..and in the process win the hearts of some Indian drivers.
Old 23rd January 2007, 08:52   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
They have already invented a car which runs on water, well almost. It does give out H2O as the only exhaust product.
Was it Honda? I did see that test car in a TV show which has a max speed of 60 kph. But I dont think it was Honda. It was a European company who did this and the test drive was in Europe. It was long back when I saw this particular show....
Old 23rd January 2007, 09:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

In love with Honda Quality...

In love with honda quality but their attitude toards the indian market is nothing short of deplorable , especially when they retort to bashing the quality of indian fuels for not introducing diesel vehicle in india , as for me i would have loved to own a Diesel Honda City !

About the car which was being discussed do you guyz think that this kindda technology will enter mass production and be available in india atleast in the next couple of decades ? And if finally it does happen in india, how long would you think that this technology would take to mature itself to be cost effective to the end user ? All open ended questions ... but a search on google reveals a lots of promising research projects
Old 23rd January 2007, 09:56   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Was it Honda? I did see that test car in a TV show which has a max speed of 60 kph. But I dont think it was Honda. It was a European company who did this and the test drive was in Europe. It was long back when I saw this particular show....
Yes, it was honda, and the car was being tested on their island near japan. Don't underestimate the technological powress of honda. When they say "The power of dreams" they actually mean it.
Their policy aside, as a company they have the best tech in the world.
As for the diesel debate, why do they need to when they can sell a petrol car for more than the diesels and still come out as a segment winner. So its a calculated move, and this excuse is well... an excuse.
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
But IMHO if they can introduce a Civic Diesel at about 12.5L (OTR, Delhi) then the Octavia might as well get phased out right now.
Why ask Honda to take all that trouble? If Fiat sets their Indian operations in order then the Linea 1.9JTD will easily do that!
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

This month's ACI has a small news saying that Honda is planning to launch a Hybrid hatchback in India by 2009 if plans go well. Is this one of the reasons why Honda is not too keen on Diesel?
Old 23rd January 2007, 11:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Honda is wrong. They have their own standards which they are not sure they will meet using Indian Diesel. First of all, we need ULSD. Second, I think they might be thinking about their newest diesel technology which meets the gasoline standards in U.S. The Indian govt should do what U.S does (atleast for passenger cars) of having the same standards for gasoline and diesel. Other than saving some money to the customer, I dont think the current diesel engines contribute much to the environment.(other than c02 emissions). How much less efficient are Honda's gasoline engines anyway ?
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:38   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
C class 500D here in Delhi.
I think you mean C 200 D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If Fiat sets their Indian operations in order then the Linea 1.9JTD will easily do that!
That is a big IF & their biggest failing.
Old 4th February 2007, 14:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-benz too has a problem with Indian Diesel:

Quote:
The professor noted that another area of concern for DaimlerChrysler as it introduces its latest diesel version models is the quality of diesel available in India.
Source:
The Hindu Business Line

PS:
Professor-> Dr Bharat Balasubramanium, Vice- President for Group Research and Advanced Engineering for electric/electronic, IT and processes,DCIL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks