Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2019, 18:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Shield Plus with 6 year extended warranty launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
is it applicable to existing customers as well? I was under the impression that it is for new buyers only
I think yes as per the video by Skoda India on YouTube.

But it says existing customers under 4 yr warranty program. There seems to be a loop hole,that includes only the vehicles from 2018 when the 4 year warranty program was launched. It might exclude customers who had 2 yr standard warranty and purchased 2 yr extended warranty separately.
F150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 23:32   #17
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
But it says existing customers under 4 yr warranty program. There seems to be a loop hole,that includes only the vehicles from 2018 when the 4 year warranty program was launched. It might exclude customers who had 2 yr standard warranty and purchased 2 yr extended warranty separately.
On seeing this thread I was elated. But this makes me really sad. I am not sure what is the reasoning for this double standards between 4 yr warranty vs (2 yr warranty + 2 extended warranty).
sud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 09:20   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
On seeing this thread I was elated. But this makes me really sad. I am not sure what is the reasoning for this double standards between 4 yr warranty vs (2 yr warranty + 2 extended warranty).
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'd also be very interested in this answer. When I bought my TSI in Jan 2016, Skoda did not have the 4-4 scheme in place and my normal EW is expiring January 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
My friend (who owns Rapid Diesel 2015 model) called up Vinayak Skoda and he has been informed that it is applicable only for new owners.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Based on the multiple feedback, Lookslike it is applicable only for the cars with 4 year standard warranty.

My rapid is going to be out of warranty from tomorrow. From here on I will service the car at a FNG.

Don't companies understand that existing customers are their best marketers.

PS: Just contacted Skoda, they siad they will revert with an update by 10 am. Lets see
Old 21st February 2019, 09:47   #19
BHPian

My friend contacted skoda CC and this is the response he got, "In reference to your appended mail, we regret to inform you that the extension of warranty for the 5th*& 6th*year is a bundle product with the insurance & can be availed only for the vehicles with standard 4 year warranty of Skoda after sold after Sep’2016."
Old 21st February 2019, 11:38   #20
BHPian

Just now spoke to the Skoda India call centre. The offer is available for opt in for all new deliveries happening from 15th Feb.

For the existing customers, with the 4+4+4 package, there will be some terms and conditions and these will be communicated to the dealers. This will take about another 10-15 days. Post this period either we can contact the dealers or dealers might as well contact the eligible owners.
Old 21st February 2019, 12:08   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Agree, I'm in similar situation for my January 2016 Octy. Considering we paid ~23k to buy the EW, I see no reason to differentiate us.

I'm writing in to Skoda honchos like Zac Hollis. Suggest we all do to hopefully correct this anomaly.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 19:02   #22
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Agree, I'm in similar situation for my January 2016 Octy. Considering we paid ~23k to buy the EW, I see no reason to differentiate us.

I'm writing in to Skoda honchos like Zac Hollis. Suggest we all do to hopefully correct this anomaly.
I agree we should all try to take it up with higher management so they hopefully change their mind. I have already written to their customer care. I will wait for their reply before escalating further.
Old 21st February 2019, 19:26   #23
BHPian

A warranty from Skoda is equivalent to getting nothing as they WILL claim that it is not covered. I experienced this firsthand with my Skoda Yeti over 5 years of ownership. No amount of shields can protect you from the scum that is the Skoda management team.
Screwdriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 19:33   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
A warranty from Skoda is equivalent to getting nothing as they WILL claim that it is not covered. I experienced this firsthand with my Skoda Yeti over 5 years of ownership. No amount of shields can protect you from the scum that is the Skoda management team.
I understand Skoda India management are looking into the possibility of extending the Shield Plus to those owners who bought the optional 2 year EW and if still in the EW period.

As far as I have experienced, Skoda has replaced my Octavia's water pump, LHS headlight assembly and the steering wheel buttons FoC. So I am comfortable with opting for thr 5/6 EW if offered at a reasonable price.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 20:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I understand Skoda India management are looking into the possibility of extending the Shield Plus to those owners who bought the optional 2 year EW and if still in the EW period.
Where did you get this update from ?

I called Skoda customer care and they said the sheild plus plan was originally for new customers only. They later extended it to existing customers. So the detailed terms and conditions are not finalized yet. They are expecting an update in the upcoming weeks.

But somehow I get a feeling that existing customers with 2yr standard warranty + 2yr extended warranty will be excluded.

My extended warranty is expiring in April. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by F150 : 21st February 2019 at 21:08.
Old 21st February 2019, 23:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
My experience so far is different. Though the warranty on battery was over nearly a year back, as I had the 4+4 yr package, asked the ASS to check with the Skoda service manager for free replacement. Even though it was a Sunday, they spoke and got it replaced with a nominal charge of Rs 1850 including tax and replacement was done within 2 hrs from the initial discussion. This gives the confidence on the new offer. Anyway waiting to go through the terms and conditions, which they said will take a couple of weeks to get circulated to dealers.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 18:58   #27
BHPian

While taking the cost breakup on the new Octavia i was informed that NCB cannot be claimed while taking the Insurance + Extended Warranty bundle. Instead a NCB certificate can be issued which can be used in the subsequent renewal.

Has anyone heard about this constraint ?
Old 26th March 2019, 09:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMandarin View Post
While taking the cost breakup on the new Octavia i was informed that NCB cannot be claimed while taking the Insurance + Extended Warranty bundle. Instead a NCB certificate can be issued which can be used in the subsequent renewal.

Has anyone heard about this constraint ?

It's not true. I got my NCB added into my skoda shield for my Monte Carlo.
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 12:34   #29
BHPian

I have been inquiring about this from different dealers and the Skoda helpline in relation to a new booking but there doesn't' seem to be a consensus on the terms and conditions of this offering.

Some questions that are still open:
  • Can the extended warranty be purchased AFTER the car has been delivered i.e. independent to the insurance ?
  • A dealer mentioned that there are three vendors(Reliance, cant remember the other two) which can be picked while opting for this package. Does this imply that all subsequent insurance renewals would have to be done from the dealer to retain the warranty ?
  • I couldn't' find a detailed description on the items that would be covered and any restrictions as is usually the case with extended warranty plans.

Has anyone managed to get conclusive answers to any of these questions?

Thanks for reading.
Old 8th April 2019, 08:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone managed to get an answer from SKODA ? Are existing cars,which were purchased before 4 yr standard warranty program , eligible for this 6 yr warranty program?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks