Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2020, 14:36   #46
BHPian

Re: Skoda Shield Plus with 6 year extended warranty launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Absolutely Yes!
And I would advise to defer from changing the headlamp bulbs or any similar mod till the end of warranty period.
Skoda's Service is hit or miss. Case in point https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...da-mumbai.html (The new normal, or the old usual - Service nightmare with Autobahn Skoda, Mumbai)
Thank you for prompt advice, as you suggest I will go ahead and take extended warranty, and refrain from doing any modifications in the car be it plug and play.
But, what to do with the installed RCD330g Plus infotainment system, shall i use it or replace it with old system, till now after installation have not faced any issue, its been 2-years. At the time of installation the CANBUS wiring from HVAC was tapped taking help of Skoda technician, I have good terms with the technical advisor here in Hyderabad, and for any service issue I get in touch with him, no other advisor.
Week back when inquired about extended warranty, I reminded him that I have a infotainment system installed, and also brought to his notice that I have read in many forums that even in case of smallest plug and play mods Skoda/VW do not entertain warranties.He assured me, sir there will not be any problem you can take extended warranty.
He advised me to use the system as it is working fine, and told me not to discuss about infotainment system to anyone related to Skoda service.
I have retained the old system, so that in case if required I can make the car stock.
Old 16th August 2020, 14:57   #47
BHPian

Re: Skoda Shield Plus with 6 year extended warranty launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
But, what to do with the installed RCD330g Plus infotainment system, shall i use it or replace it with old system,
I don't think that there's a need to replace it as both the systems are kinda stock.
Even I had replaced the head unit in my erstwhile Laura and Jetta with the ones in top model,never faced any issue.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed