Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2020, 01:04   #61
NPX
BHPian

Re: Tata Blackbird: Creta-rivaling SUV being developed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata is in the process of studying the Tiggo.
It's been 1.5 years since your post. I hope Tata must have studied the Tiggo to satisfaction by now.

Any updates RavenAvi ?
NPX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 17:17   #62
BHPian

I'm actually looking forward to this launch and holding back on upgrading from my current Fiesta.
I was kinda hoping for the Creta but did not like the new design one bit. Also, not keen on another Hyundai in the garage.
The TROC and Karoq were in contention but decided to defer the purchase this year.

Hope this is announced soon.
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 13:25   #63
BHPian

I can not stop imagining a 4.3m long Tata SUV with diesel spec close to Harrier 1.0 (~140 bhp, ~300 Nm). Dimensional and power gaps between nexon and harrier would be filled. It would be a perfect rival to the Creta/Seltos. Hope its launched within 2022 end. Also, if this is indeed launched, where would Sierra be placed? Could this be the Sierra?

Last edited by Benoit : 20th December 2020 at 13:39.
Benoit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:34   #64
BHPian

Is the blackbird still on the cards ? It doesn't seem so, since if it is testing tata cars do seem to be plagued with a lot of spyshots and there isn't even one of it testing on the roads.
Old 12th August 2021, 20:57   #65
BHPian

Anyone have any info on the Blackbird/4.3m SUV? It's been more than 2 years since the first rumours of the car. The gap between the Nexon and Harrier has to be filled to compete with Creta,Seltos,Kushaq,etc. How can Tata not pay attention to the most sought after category?
f1fan5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 21:25   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan5 View Post
Anyone have any info on the Blackbird/4.3m SUV? It's been more than 2 years since the first rumours of the car. The gap between the Nexon and Harrier has to be filled to compete with Creta,Seltos,Kushaq,etc. How can Tata not pay attention to the most sought after category?
For what it's worth, I have heard that Blackbird will not hit the streets before 2025. By that time I am certain the Koreans and even the Germans will have more products in hot compact SUV/ urban SUV segment.
kushagra452 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 22:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
For what it's worth, I have heard that Blackbird will not hit the streets before 2025. By that time I am certain the Koreans and even the Germans will have more products in hot compact SUV/ urban SUV segment.
The rumours of a Creta rivalling car in development came out in 2019 (thread started in Feb 2019) and I have heard from my friends involved in such industry as well as from many company officials in interviews that a car usually takes 4 years to go from a drawing board to actual production. Keeping that in mind, I was hoping for a 2022/2023 launch. Is the news of 2025 launch coming from a trustable source or is it just a speculation?
Old 12th August 2021, 22:02   #68
BHPian

2025? So, apart from the HBX there won't be any 'Brand new models' for a few years? That sounds scary.
Or is by any chance the new gen Nexon going to be enlarged to 4.2ish meter?
f1fan5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 22:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan5 View Post
Isn't Harrier the competitor for Creta, Seltos etc and already in that space? I believe Tata have products covering most of the spaces. Where they lack is a proper MUV maybe which is empty after the Hexa was discontinued.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 22:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Isn't Harrier the competitor for Creta, Seltos etc and already in that space? I believe Tata have products covering most of the spaces. Where they lack is a proper MUV maybe which is empty after the Hexa was discontinued.
The real competitor of the Harrier would be the Alcazar, Hector etc.

There is a huge price gap between the Harrier & the Creta/Seltos.
If we do a like-variant to like-variant comparison, there is a very wide 5lakh rupee difference between the Harrier and the Koreans.

The Koreans start at around 9.95/10.5 lakh ex-showroom.
Whereas the Harrier starts at around the 15 lakh ex-showroom mark.

This is why, I too believe that a smaller Harrier like product from Tata must bridge this gap.
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 22:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
There's a Rs 4L price difference between Creta and Harrier. Harrier is a segment above, it can't be a mass market car like Creta. Harrier does just around 2000 units per month while Creta consistently records 10000+ deliveries per month because of the low priced base variants and VFM mid variants. Tata will add a lot of sales in their monthly total if they launch a proper Creta rival.
udaikalra01 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 22:24   #72

Quote:
Certainly not. Harrier is one segment above Creta, Seltos both from the size as well as engine specs perspective. Harrier is almost 4.6 meter with 2L diesel engine while Creta/Seltos are 4.3 meter with 1.5L engine. Tata surely needs something in the 4.3 meter segment to sit between Nexon and Harrier. The gap is too huge as of now.
Cars4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 22:39   #73
BHPian

Nexon is under 4m and Harrier is around 4.6m. Tata should really consider SUV in the 4.3m segment. For some of us the size of parking lot is one of the major deciding factor.
drivingmelody is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 23:22   #74
BHPian

For people with a very tight budget of ₹13-15lakh, the Nexon is too small and the Harrier too expensive. And turns out this price band is the most significant and best selling. The higher price bands are low volume but big profit and the lower price bands are high volume less profit. The 4.3m SUVs sell in high numbers and are obviously more profitable than their lower priced offerings. If Tata had the Blackbird right now it would probably be neck to neck with Hyundai for 2nd place.
Old 13th August 2021, 00:52   #75
BHPian

If the timeline of 2025 is indeed true, Tata might as well go full tilt and launch Blackbird as Electric only model or in other words the Sierra concept shown in Auto Expo. I think the electric charging infrastructure would also have grown by then to a decent level.

However Sierra was in some way brainchild of Pratap Bose from the looks of it. How does Blackbird/Sierra fit into Tata's new vision could be entirely different.

With HBX slotting below Nexon and Nexon top end already hovering around 15L OTR (Bhopal, M.P), it could be worth it to expand Nexon to 4.2/4.3m and focus more development resources on a true 7 seater that can slot above Safari and challenge the big guns.
darkLightning is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks