Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 16:21   #31
BHPian

Re: 2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features

Until recently, there was a discussion going on about Tata removing a lot of features from the Hexa. Now, in the 2019 Hexa, we are saying a few features have been added.

Is there a list of features that were there in the original Hexa during launch, those that were removed and those that are now re-introduced, if any?
Old 28th May 2019, 16:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post

Is there a list of features that were there in the original Hexa during launch, those that were removed and those that are now re-introduced, if any?

No such features were reintroduced. In fact 2019 Hexa has lost some features. Multi color ambient lighting is not available now. Top end models are not available with single tone colors now. Only addition in 2019 was the new infotainment with android auto. You may find more details in the Hexa review thread.
padmrajravi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 21:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

With no concrete updates from Tata or any media house, its save to assume that Hexa will not get Bs6 updates

Sad to see Tata ignoring the older model as soon as new one comes around, have said this already, but this doesn't inspire confidence in people who own the older one. Indica being ignore was understandable, but Zest had so much potential, yet they wasted a good chance.

Safari didn't get any updates too once Hexa was launched, Sumo was ignored too!

This would make any sense if their new products are great and enjoy grand success, but that is not what happens! Seeing Harrier and Hexa side by side only made Hexa look better.
giri1.8 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 21:50   #34
Team-BHP Support

Given the Hexa's decent reputation and the niggles reported in the first-gen Harrier, Tata may yet regret putting all their eggs in the latter basket too soon.

The Hexa is a competent car on its own, and the Harrier is yet to establish itself. Tata, given they aren't exactly segment sales leaders, should've waited until there was actual overlap before abandoning the older model.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 21:51   #35
BHPian

Absolutely agree. TATA's attitude towards its products and some of their impossible to understand decisions with regards to the Hexa (like no single color option on the top end version) got the better of me. I went with their competion in the end.

Last edited by rovingeye : 28th May 2019 at 21:53.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 12:27   #36
BHPian

Exactly my thought about Tata! Had almost finalised Hexa, but got cold feet at the last moment considering they might discontinue Hexa by year end! It is such a pity, Hexa is such a wonderful SUV in all parameters, beating Innova totally hollow!
sidharthg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 13:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

The Hexa not just needs BS6 upgrade but also crash test compliance which will only get stricter as the year goes by.
Old 4th July 2019, 14:37   #38
BHPian

ACI reports Hexa to be axed when Buzzard is launched.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ce-hexa-413331

Excerpts :

Launched in January 2017, the Hexa is set to face the axe as its 2.2-litre diesel will not be made available for passenger vehicle applications post BS6. Although Tata has chosen to upgrade the 2.2-litre diesel to meet the stricter regulations, the unit will only be used for commercial applications.
Old 4th July 2019, 15:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Ditto, here's another link with details.
Old 4th July 2019, 15:27   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ce-hexa-413331

Excerpts :

Launched in January 2017, the Hexa is set to face the axe as its 2.2-litre diesel will not be made available for passenger vehicle applications post BS6. Although Tata has chosen to upgrade the 2.2-litre diesel to meet the stricter regulations, the unit will only be used for commercial applications.
From a financial perspective does not make sense to retire a model in just 3 years. I do agree that the Hexa is based on the Aria platform, but I also believe that significant investment had gone in to make the changes to the platform. Also the marketing effort and money gone in would be high.

I wonder why can't hexa and 7 seater SUV co-exist like Innova and Fortuner.
They could use the same engine as the compass for both or upgrade the 2.2L for both. Any which way no reason why both body styles cannot exist.
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 15:32   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
From a financial perspective does not make sense to retire a model in just 3 years. I do agree that the Hexa is based on the Aria platform, but I also believe that significant investment had gone in to make the changes to the platform. Also the marketing effort and money gone in would be high.

They could use the same engine as the compass for both or upgrade the 2.2L for both. Any which way no reason why both body styles cannot exist.
It's got something to do with the engine size and upgrading it to meet BS6 omission standards. It's too expensive if its to be done on the HEXA for the passenger category. However, if the HEXA is a CV then it makes economic sense. Hence the HEXA will be soon available as a cab while the buzzard/cassini will be the more visible premium 7-seater (for which I am very eagerly waiting as a comparison to the XUV500)
Old 4th July 2019, 17:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post

Beg to differ on this view. Tata hardly has the bandwidth to successfully market two products in what is literally the same segment. It will be much better to go all out with Buzzard, which anyway will be the popular choice for most buyers. Unless they do something seriously wrong (which they almost did with Harrier) no one will miss Hexa.

Tata has always been reluctant to let go of old models and paid the price for that earlier. IMO it is fine they ditched the route here. Accept failures and moving on is key to business survival.

A decade old body on chasis platform won't stand a chance for most retail buyers. Also, they never cracked the fleet market with Hexa and are very much unlikely to do so in the future. I feel they will just keep the updated engine for other classes of commercial vehicles.

P.S - No offence for existing owners. The vehicle is quite good in its own right, but failed to achieve success in front of a heavyweight competitor , you know who

Last edited by CoolFire : 4th July 2019 at 17:11.
CoolFire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 12:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

I had test driven Harrier few weeks back and Hexa yesterday, boy-O-boy, Hexa is far ahead in the comfort level and NVH front that now I am wondering that the proverb "looks do matter" stands true when you see why Harrier is selling hotcakes.

But there's another one "beauty is skin deep only"

The XM+ has so many added features but I am wondering why is there no XMA+...

Now that we know that the shelving of Hexa was indeed a Rumor and Harrier Automatic being tested out, have to wait and watch on how this plays out by April 2020.

Will we get a Hexa BS6 with a refreshed look .... "Beauty and beast"
dadu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 06:41   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I had test driven Harrier few weeks back and Hexa yesterday, boy-O-boy, Hexa is far ahead in the comfort level and NVH front

Body on frame vehicles are better in this aspect primarily because the road imperfections hit the chasis first via the suspension and there are rubber mounts on the chasis where the body is attached.

For monoqoque vehicles, the suspension components are attached directly to the body as there is no chasis.
Old 23rd July 2019, 07:45   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
For monoqoque vehicles, the suspension components are attached directly to the body as there is no chasis.
By that analogy, even Scorpio and Bolero should have a better ride than their Monocoque counterparts! Fact is,ride quality depends much more on the type of suspension employed and it's tuning. As far as isolation of vibrations goes, most Monocoque vehicles have a suspension subframe these days (for the past 15yrs in India atleast on the front axle line), which goes a long way in isolating road and engine vibrations. More expensive vehicles with independent rear suspensions have a rear subframe as well.
aditya79india is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks