Team-BHP - 2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/207123-2019-tata-hexa-updated-new-features.html)

Tata Motors has updated the Hexa with new features. Higher variants like XT, XT 4x4 and XTA are now available in 5 dual-tone colour options - Pearl White and Tungsten Silver with Infinity Black roof and Arizona Blue, Urban Bronze and Sky Grey with Titanium Grey roof. 19-inch diamond-cut alloys are available on the XTA variant, while the XT and XT 4x4 get 17-inch alloys finished in Charcoal Grey shade.

2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-tata-hexa.jpg

Inside, the Hexa comes with chrome dashboard trim and piano black inserts on the steering wheel. Tata has also upgraded the infotainment system to a 7-inch touchscreen unit by Harman, which has Android Auto connectivity. It is connected to a 10-speaker JBL audio system. Single colour mood lighting is available on all variants instead of the 8 colour options that were previously offered. Other features include fast charging and park assist.

The Tata Hexa comes with a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine in two states of tune. The base trim has 148 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 320 Nm @ 1500-3000 rpm. Higher variants have the same engine but with 154 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm @ 1750-2500 rpm. Transmission options include 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic.

Link to Team-BHP News

If not 4x4, XTA deserved at least the full set of safety features. Missed opportunity by Tata.

Good move.

1) Dual Tone - keeps with the trend.

2) Mood lighting - 1 colour is enough. Save some money.

3) 17" on 4x4 makes for Alloy safety and better ride on rough roads. Logical for 4x4. Not for MT non 4x4 though.

4) 7" screen and Android Auto. Gets it to Harrier level. Was desperately needed.

The question that begs to be asked is what happens to the Hexa once the H7X goes on sale? Will it be above the Hexa? or next to the Hexa as far as pricing goes?

Good to see that the infortainment system is upgraded. But, the XT 4x2 no longer gets those 19" wheels ? That sounds bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TusharK (Post 4551878)
The Tata Hexa comes with a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine in two states of tune. The base trim has 148 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 320 Nm @ 1500-3000 rpm. Higher variants have the same engine but with 154 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm @ 1750-2500 rpm.

Believe this engine is not capable of BS VI emission norms. Thus this could only be a mid life upgrade & just push sales numbers. Good move nevertheless to a fantastic package already.

I think they have added the sunroof to the Hexa it is mentioned in their official website.
https://hexa.tatamotors.com/

2019 Tata Hexa updated with new features-hexa.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvindmanju (Post 4551998)
I think they have added the sunroof to the Hexa it is mentioned in their official website.

Attachment 1853265

I thought the sunroof was always there as an add on accesory. No?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvindmanju (Post 4551998)

Attachment 1853265

That is the official accessory & not a standard fitment from the factory. It costs around a Lakh & is fitted at Showroom level by Webasto (the Sunroof manufacturing company) staffs.

Nice updates, except for the dual-tone. I think the Hexa's appeal is in its classy styling. Don't think a dual-tone theme will go with it (final verdict on hold till actually seeing one in person).

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 4551934)
The question that begs to be asked is what happens to the Hexa once the H7X goes on sale?

Both can happily co-exist in the showroom IMHO, as they are different in so many ways (e.g. body-on-frame vs monocoque).

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4552155)
Nice updates, except for the dual-tone. I think the Hexa's appeal is in its classy styling.

Both can happily co-exist in the showroom IMHO, as they are different in so many ways (e.g. body-on-frame vs monocoque).

Totally agree with your comment on offering dual tone paint. IMO, Dual tone colours are used to depict sportiness but Hexa is more classy than sporty.

And yes, Hexa will co-exist with H7X, though with a new power-train post BS-VI as the current 2.2 is not BS-VI compatible. By that time, Tata will create enough differentiation between these 2 products for them to co-exist. The closest analogy that i can draw is: Crysta and Fortuner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarik.arora (Post 4552171)
And yes, Hexa will co-exist with H7X, though with a new power-train post BS-VI as the current 2.2 is not BS-VI compatible..

Erm, didn't Hormazd Sorabjee recently reveal that the Hexa and the Safari will be discontinued as they don't meet BS VI pedestrian safety norms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by locusjag (Post 4552194)
Erm, didn't Hormazd Sorabjee recently reveal that the Hexa and the Safari will be discontinued as they don't meet BS VI pedestrian safety norms?

The 2.2 varicor engine is not bs6 compatible, the Storme may not be pedestrian safety compatible either, but the lowered bonnet and crumple zones of the Hexa make it compatible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirbusCapt (Post 4552244)
The 2.2 varicor engine is not bs6 compatible, the Storme may not be pedestrian safety compatible either, but the lowered bonnet and crumple zones of the Hexa make it compatible.

Would this mean that the 2.2L will be discontinued and will be replaced with a compatible BS6 engine? Is TATA developing a BS6 compatible engine?

Well if the 2.2 cant be upgraded to BS-VI, so will the Hexa also get a Fiat engine? The overall shell is almost similar to Aria. Interesting. I hope it gets updated and soldiers along. Might overlap with other Tata products, but the Hexa in itself is a very capable vehicle.