Team-BHP - Is the Accent being phased out?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Is the Accent being phased out? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20721-accent-being-phased-out.html)

I read in an Automag a few months ago(before the Verna launch) that the Verna would replace the Accent.However,post Verna launch there is no talk on this.

Any inputs/information?I am asking because a freind of mine has three choices..Esteem VX,Accent and the Aveo1.4 and he is in a dilemma as to which one to go for...something that is easy on the pocket(in maintenance and holds value well)

Help please:

production of accent has been stopped until march....
only old stock is available that too only in diesel...
got this info from the hyundai company owned showroom at mahalaxmi
tell your friend to test drive the verna even i had gone to buy the lancer but fell in love with the verna....

Yep huge discounts on Accent cRDI going around, VIVA is no more.

Accent's manufacturing was closed/stopped on 12th june 2006 onwards. There is nothing called accent anymore except for those which are already either on the road or stock which could not be sold off.

The Verna is basically the new Accent which is called Verna in some markets. I guess Hyundai wants to start using the Verna name and decided to start that with the new Verna.

I was also told by the Hyundai Salesman that Hyundai will not be manufacturing the Accent in the year 2007.

Accent is a nice car. Probably just because of marketing tactics, Hyundai wants to discontinue it. I personally feel sad to let Accent go. But nowadays it has become the norm. We replace mobiles phones not because they are faulty or stopped working but because we want newer models. Same things happen now with cars as well. Things started to expire emotionally before expiring technologically! :confused:

On the other hand, look how Ambassador is still running.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak (Post 360257)
Accent is a nice car. Probably just because of marketing tactics, Hyundai wants to discontinue it. I personally feel sad to let Accent go. But nowadays it has become the norm. We replace mobiles phones not because they are faulty or stopped working but because we want newer models. Same things happen now with cars as well. Things started to expire emotionally before expiring technologically! :confused:

On the other hand, look how Ambassador is still running.....

Accent is a nice car alright...

But, without discounts, Accent CRDi is just 30k less than the Verna CRDi... Which doesnt make sense...

As an Accent owner I too say it should be phased out completely and the Verna 1.4 should also be released. Accent is a nice, reliable and good looking car but it is outdated. The Verna is much better in all respects except may be the looks.

Hoping hyundai will release the Verna 1.4 petrol soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigsom (Post 360111)
I read in an Automag a few months ago(before the Verna launch) that the Verna would replace the Accent.However,post Verna launch there is no talk on this.

Any inputs/information?I am asking because a freind of mine has three choices..Esteem VX,Accent and the Aveo1.4 and he is in a dilemma as to which one to go for...something that is easy on the pocket(in maintenance and holds value well)

Help please:

Been said before, too many times for one's intelligence. I'd be happy to see the Accent go - its got negligible character and can be easily mistaken as part of the background; but the older I get the wiser I seem to become. Hyundai have a blackhole if they remove the Accent - which they wont. Pee Eee Aar Ai O Dee. Full stop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 360149)
Yep huge discounts on Accent cRDI going around, VIVA is no more.

I am unhappy to see the viva being stopped,:mad: its real looker

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 360523)
As an Accent owner I too say it should be phased out completely and the Verna 1.4 should also be released. Accent is a nice, reliable and good looking car but it is outdated. The Verna is much better in all respects except may be the looks.

Hoping hyundai will release the Verna 1.4 petrol soon.

thats just out of my head, Good point adarsh.
verna 1.4 petrol would be the answer to feista 1.4 and aveo 1.4. This brings the cost of verna down as well. but i dont know whther they have a new 1.4 engine considering the 1.6 is a new one.

Guys the Accent has been phased out completely. Just call any Hyundai showroom they will confirm the same.