Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th February 2020, 19:49   #196
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjr View Post
Friends, my parents are looking to buy a spacious and comfortable compact SUV and Duster is among the shortlists and how - let me explain:

The annual usage has been 8000-10000 kms.

My parents have no experience with Germans as they have always used Japanese brands and used to the solid reliability that came associated with it, they are literally helpless each time the console lits up.

They consider this a burden more than an utility and is also worried about the high maintenance bills (even though I take care of it) as well.
For them, at this point they just need a comfortable, spacious and fairly reliable car that is best suited for their occasional usage.
Get them a brand new mid-variant petrol Ertiga.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...al-review.html (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review)

Very comfy, easy ingress/egress, super practical, rock solid BS-VI engine, idiot-proof mechanicals, service easily handled through their efficient website/app, and as reliable as Arvind Kejriwal . When you visit hire a GLA from ZoomCar.

EDIT: I like the snazzy W-RV as a middle ground, although in my experience it is quite bumpy in the back seat.

Last edited by itwasntme : 11th February 2020 at 20:00.
Old 11th February 2020, 20:45   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasjr View Post
Considering all of the above, I request you all to pour in your opinions on buying the Duster CVT, if that seems like a bad choice kindly suggest alternatives.
First of all, for your rational and calculated decision making. A very few of us have such lucidity of our requirements & priorities.

Renault Duster is a fine car, probably the best you can get for ride quality at this price. Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300 should also be in consideration (primarily for space + safety) although minor niggles tend to pop up from time to time in these cars. But again even the Duster isn't a fill-it-forget-it type of car so you shall consider Tata and Mahindra products also.

If reliability is a major concern, the (upcoming) petrol-powered Brezza will be a good option.

Ps. I'd suggest MT over AT since the car is going to be chauffeur-driven. You'll either get a better car (for the same price) or save around 1 lakh rupees by opting for MT.

Last edited by self_driven : 11th February 2020 at 20:57.
Old 30th December 2020, 08:48   #198
BHPian

Has anyone retrofitted a cruise control on Duster?
I found below link which seems to retrofit cruise control on dusters.
http://www.canm8.com/precision-cruise-dacia-duster.html

Most Viewed