Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th March 2019, 10:55   #16
BHPian

Default re: The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Nissan Kicks has royally flopped in the market (wait for our Feb sales thread and you'll know)
Sorry for jumping to a different discussion. This caught my attention! I am also hearing a pretty low number from my sources (mid triple digit) and this is surely very bad for the brand and the alliance.
Old 5th March 2019, 11:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

You can call it a dumb or whatever. They might want to wait and watch for competition to fail and then bring it on. The facelift could be an interim strategy (if at all they want to bring it later). Optimizing the price for this model OR sprucing up the interiors is not bad as the investment R&D costs would be minimal. Superb interiors, 6 airbags, JBL audio, etc could just be the change this car needs as most other things are actually very decent.
Old 5th March 2019, 12:10   #18
BHPian

I bought the higher engine tune, top spec Duster back in 2012 & am very, very satisfied with it.

It has done 90,000 km mileage, has largely been trouble free & remains a pleasure to drive & be driven in.

Nearly all of the mileage was done in the extremely poor roads of Himachal as we worked on a project, till date it has not one rattle & the engine remains silky smooth.

I prefer sitting in the Duster for long Hill drives to any of the Fortuners or Endeavors as it's awesome suspension & minimal body roll ensure my poor back doesn't go into spasms.

I hope Renault launches the next generation Duster in India, I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.
driven646 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 12:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

2020 Renault Duster (facelift) with projector headlights and LED DRLs.

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-1.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 21:58   #20
BHPian

IMO if Renault can bring in the features and interiors of the Captur/Kicks into the Duster, it could see a healthy revival of the car. The Duster always had the road presence, butch appeal and ride comfort. Bring it up to date with today's expectations and it'll sore ahead based on its brand recognition and cult following!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 23:25   #21
BHPian

Old platform not withstanding, Duster has most elements right. An abuse friendly construction, great ride and handling package, a good diesel and an AwD option! What it does lack are good quality interiors and a proper AT. Hope Renault addresses the flaws at least now.
Old 6th March 2019, 23:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
I bought the higher engine tune, top spec Duster back in 2012 & am very, very satisfied with it.

It has done 90,000 km mileage, has largely been trouble free & remains a pleasure to drive & be driven in.

Nearly all of the mileage was done in the extremely poor roads of Himachal as we worked on a project, till date it has not one rattle & the engine remains silky smooth.

I prefer sitting in the Duster for long Hill drives to any of the Fortuners or Endeavors as it's awesome suspension & minimal body roll ensure my poor back doesn't go into spasms.

I hope Renault launches the next generation Duster in India, I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.
Great to hear that you have experienced no problems. Is your an AWD version? Lot of folks here on the forum have reported fuel injectors and shock absorber failure issues. Also many have reported clutch issues.

With your driving in rugged Himalayan terrain and that too for 90k kms, I for sure would like to hear about your experience on maintaining the car. Please do share your feedback.
Old 7th March 2019, 02:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Looks like only Renault is not taking the Indian market seriously. I guess that's the beginning of the end for the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Old platform not withstanding, Duster has most elements right...
The same could be said about the old Innova. A power bump is all it needed to continue selling the healthy 5.5k-6k a month. But Toyota developed an all new premium car, hiked prices (insanely) and now it sells 7k units a month. The platform might not be too different, but the difference between the cars is night and day.

Renault should keep the strengths, work on the weaknesses and launch an all new car when the next gen Creta isn't too far.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th March 2019 at 09:16. Reason: Small typo
landcruiser123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 04:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Too bad on Renault India's part! The new gen Duster(HJD) can surely infuse some life into Renault India's fortunes, but doing these mild facelifts isn't going to help much! The competition has moved much ahead and this is just too little and too late.
I guess they know that the new Duster won't cut it as it looks very similar to the outgoing one and is quite a bit more expensive here in EU.
Too bad, an all new AWD Duster would be a great car for my needs.
Old 7th March 2019, 06:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
am very, very satisfied with it.
Quote:
has largely been trouble free & remains a pleasure to drive & be driven in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Old platform not withstanding, Duster has most elements right. An abuse friendly construction, great ride and handling package, a good diesel and an AwD option!
I have not come across a Duster owner (I know quite a few) who has anything other than this to say. I was very close to buying one myself. The 3 month waiting was what led me to buy a Rapid (which turned out to be one of the best cars I owned).
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 08:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Great to hear that you have experienced no problems. Is your an AWD version? Lot of folks here on the forum have reported fuel injectors and shock absorber failure issues. Also many have reported clutch issues.

With your driving in rugged Himalayan terrain and that too for 90k kms, I for sure would like to hear about your experience on maintaining the car. Please do share your feedback.
Hi,

I have the 2WD version, the AWD version was launched later. Besides the regular service at 10k intervals, I've had to replace the front left shock absorber & change the front brake discs.

Other than these, no other issues & the clutch is going strong - it really has been over some terrible roads & I have driven it quite hard - which is why I'm so impressed with how it feels 6+ years & 90k mileage later.

The service costs too have been very reasonable compared to the VW cars I own.
Old 7th March 2019, 09:25   #27
BHPian

+1 to all the positive comments on the Duster.

Mine is a 2015, 85 PS RxL version. After ~4 years and 85,000 KMs of ownership the car just continues to impress. Usually, I change my cars at the 4 year mark, but honestly, when I think of a replacement or an upgrade, I do not see any worthy options.

Essentially, it is boiling down to the two Rs -- Ride quality and Reliability. It has been hard to find anything that comes close to meeting my needs at the Duster price point.
Old 7th March 2019, 10:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have the 2WD version, the AWD version was launched later. Besides the regular service at 10k intervals, I've had to replace the front left shock absorber & change the front brake discs.

Other than these, no other issues & the clutch is going strong - it really has been over some terrible roads & I have driven it quite hard - which is why I'm so impressed with how it feels 6+ years & 90k mileage later.

The service costs too have been very reasonable compared to the VW cars I own.
That really boosts the confidence for this car. I am seriously considering this vehicle once the facelift is launched. Let's see how it goes. Thanks for your candid feedback.
Old 7th March 2019, 14:19   #29
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I don't mind them selling another facelift as long as they reduce the maintenance costs and premature part failures and re-introduce it as a Brezza rival, price wise with an availability of AWD and AMT. Other than that - Why fix something that aint broke.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 12:04   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

New Generation Duster is planned for India debut in late 2020.

Quote:
We have new product launches in 2019 and 2020. Two new products will be launched, one in July (2019) and the other, the year after that
Meanwhile Renault's (MPV - RBC) and the face-lift Duster on test.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 3740
Size:  440.6 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed