Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2019, 20:06   #76
BHPian

re: The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L

Quote:
You are committing the same mistake that you did by introducing the Captur - at least the Captur had a different skin ! Haven't you chaps been introduced to concept of product life-cycles? The old Duster is well past its prime and is now in its terminal stage.
Duster might have been phased out by Renault had Captur tasted good success but the failure of Captur revived the idea of continuing with Duster with some updated features. Personally, i don't see it as a wrong move since Duster was the one which started this segment and still has a good customer base and also does some numbers for Renault. It's like following plan B for Renault.
Old 30th June 2019, 12:54   #77
BHPian

In market looking for an AWD vehicle in 15-16L category and the only vehicle suiting all requirements is Duster. But does it make sense to buy one? I am concerned about the after sales and parts availability, as Renault has decided to discontinue diesel post 2020.

I usually keep my vehicle for long so not much concerned about after sales till the time I am getting regular spares.

Last edited by manson : 2nd July 2019 at 00:34. Reason: Deleted empty rows.
Old 30th June 2019, 13:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolaks7 View Post
In market looking for an AWD vehicle in 15-16L category and the only vehicle suiting all requirements is Duster. But does it make sense to buy one? I am concerned about the After sales and parts availability, as Renault has decided to discontinue diesel post 2020.

I usually keep my vehicle for long so not much concerned about after sales till the time I am getting regular spares.
I am in the same boat. Dont understand what Renault is upto. If they were discontinuing the Duster then why come out with a facelift.

The new one is around the corner and may be launched as soon as next week. As per cartoq report.

Then there are reports of the facelift being BS6 ready too. So I am not sure if they will stop Diesels altogether in 2020.
Old 1st July 2019, 15:34   #79
Team-BHP Support

Renault has posted the below teaser on their Instagram page -

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-instimage3.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 18:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

This should be the correct teaser:

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-instimage3.png

It's too late for Renault to make any significant impact. This update isn't going to work in 2019. It should have come at least 3 years back.

Last edited by self_driven : 1st July 2019 at 19:03.
self_driven is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 19:59   #81
Senior - BHPian

Renault used to provide a Jump Seat for the boot area as an official accessory. But won't it be problematic if RTO catches you with seating for 5+1/2 in a car registered as a 5 seater?

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-screenshot_20190701195556.png

In such a sense, Duster was the original Modular Vehicle in India, and Triber would be the second such vehicle.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 081 Duster acc bro 8 pager ctc 02-01.pdf (1.55 MB, 420 views)
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 00:26   #82
BHPian

Is it just my OCD or the projector and area surrounding it appears to be heavily tilted and out of alignment than the rest of the headlamp? Its too late for the Duster now anyway. I wonder what stops them to bring the international model in here.
Old 2nd July 2019, 08:55   #83
BHPian

The jump seats on offer are no good on the AWD version. I was contemplating on taking a 2018 AWD, but needed a part time extra seat for my kids. We are a family of six. However, in AWD the flooring of the luggage space is a carpeting over a thick ply sort of material, that houses the spare wheel and tools beneath. That leaves with no option of bolting that child seat. Further, that child was labelled to be used only for child upto 7 years. Makes the entire thing almost un-usable for me or anyone for that matter if you take safety into consideration. Decided to pause on the buying decision. A few pics to illustrate the child seat use on the AWD version.

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190629_14571001.jpeg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190629_14565201.jpeg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190629_14553301.jpeg

I drove this car, courtesy my friend Samba for a good while, loved the driveability, build and the AWD capability on offer at the price point, cruise control was really good. But, few points I wish are taken care of in the new version apart from the already discovered improvements.

The steering wheel buttons being not illuminated will make it difficult for a newer driver getting used to the car. Overall the buttons should have a slightly more upmarket feel, both looks and finish wise. A more usable dead pedal, especially with cruise control already added. Add Climate control please...

A little more side bolstering on the front seats, seats are comfy otherwise, will make it really good for those long hauls. Lastly, add a JBL like ICE like Tata... Its like a pleading, kneel down wish .

I will keep that list short to ensure the price doesn't shoot up, since it's that only car with AWD in that price bracket.

Last edited by arindam_xeta : 2nd July 2019 at 08:57.
arindam_xeta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:08   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post

Attachment 1889431

Attachment 1889432

Attachment 1889433

The steering wheel buttons being not illuminated will make it difficult for a newer driver getting used to the car. Overall the buttons should have a slightly more upmarket feel, both looks and finish wise. A more usable dead pedal, especially with cruise control already added. Add Climate control please...
The only grouse I see in the steering from Duster or Renault cars for that matter is that only Cruise Control buttons are mounted on the steering, and the other more commonly used buttons are placed on a stalk on the right of the steering which I am not sure is easy to use or not.

From the spy shots at Zoji La shared above, the new steering has better looking and designed buttons for Cruise Control, while the Audio Controls are still on the same old stalk. Yes, a Dead Pedal will be such a welcome addition to the already feature loaded car.

Renault did add Automatic Climate Control in the top model in the car. The last update added this feature, I guess in 2018, after ACC was launched in Renault Captur.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:18   #85
BHPian

Update : New Renault Duster facelift India launch on 9 July

Source
jailbird_fynix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:21   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Renault did add Automatic Climate Control in the top model in the car. The last update added this feature, I guess in 2018, after ACC was launched in Renault Captur.
I thought the AWD does not have a climate control still, but not sure.

Those stalks for volume control are surely not a trend and an overkill, not really sure how good or bad are they to use. Hope those are taken care of too.

Overall, Renault should take a more serious attempt at the Indian market, at the moment it looks more like a tick in the box to have an outpost in India.
arindam_xeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 09:30   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam_xeta View Post
I thought the AWD does not have a climate control still, but not sure.

Those stalks for volume control are surely not a trend and an overkill, not really sure how good or bad are they to use. Hope those are taken care of too.
As the AWD is based on the RxZ trim, as can be seen from the Brochure, it features an Automatic Climate Control and not the manual one from the lower variants.

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-screenshot_20190702092446.png

But sadly the Audio Controls on the separate stalk continue as it is in the facelift version, as is evident from the pics shared above when the facelift Duster was spotted at Zoji La for it's Advertisement Shooting.
AdityaDeane is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 15:14   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Update : New Renault Duster facelift India launch on 9 July

Source
Apologies, the new Duster will launch on the 8th of July.

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-ddpkijuwae2cm0.jpeg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 15:28   #89
Senior - BHPian

Is that a space for a front camera, under the Renault logo?

Having said the above, to make this face-lift any relevant, Renault should have considered at-least the below:

1. Sunroof
2. Diesel with CVT
3. RXZ Auto to be restricted at 12.00 Lakhs

Here, it'll be DOA. I don't see anyone entering the showroom (many of whom have already closed down).
Old 2nd July 2019, 21:16   #90
BHPian

Photos from a dealership. (Source)

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190702_211543.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190702_211534.jpg

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-img_20190702_211520.jpg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 2nd July 2019 at 21:17.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks