Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2019, 17:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L

Can't believe Renault took so many years to come up with this! I adore the Duster for what it offers but this upcoming version shows that Renault is trying to go the "premium" route instead of sticking to the original rugged workhorse image.

One thing is for sure, even if Renault sticks to current prices, this iteration is not going to cut it with much more swanky options already available in this segment.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 18:53   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault seems to be stuck in time, guess they need to change their calendars for good. This facelift should have come at least 3 years back.

It was a pain to get the Duster in our group serviced properly and that whopping ~70K bill for a clutch overhaul a few months back made sure it is the last Renault in our circle.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 19:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Renault seems to be stuck in time, guess they need to change their calendars for good. This facelift should have come at least 3 years back.

It was a pain to get the Duster in our group serviced properly and that whopping ~70K bill for a clutch overhaul a few months back made sure it is the last Renault in our circle.
70k for clutch is astronomical. What did they replace. I am sure it would be more than just the clutch kit. Probably the fly wheel too. My Pajero SFX clutch replacement costs about 35k without the flywheel.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 19:29   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
70k for clutch is astronomical. What did they replace. I am sure it would be more than just the clutch kit. Probably the fly wheel too. My Pajero SFX clutch replacement costs about 35k without the flywheel.
The clutch overhaul needs replacement of dual mass flywheel as well. This is required for 110 version. If it's a standard flywheel used in Pajero, it may not need replacement.
Old 9th June 2019, 20:15   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
The clutch overhaul needs replacement of dual mass flywheel as well. This is required for 110 version. If it's a standard flywheel used in Pajero, it may not need replacement.
That is correct, the Pajero SFX does not have a dual mass flywheel. All these new technology things make the new vehicles lot more desirable but also make them super expensive to fix...I wonder how much would the new Cockpit instrument cluster in the Skoda would cost....
Old 9th June 2019, 21:52   #51
BHPian

Another case of Too Little, Too Late from Renault Nissan! Doesn't look like they'll be able to stick around for long, specially in this slump.
Old 9th June 2019, 22:09   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

70K is far too much for a Duster DMF+clutch change in my opinion. For example, Chevy charges ~40K for the same combo both of which are imported parts. For a Made-in-IN vehicle being manufactured in millions in Chennai, such high costs for routine maintenance is crazy.

I get the feeling there are many ex-Renault/Nissan owners who have sworn never to repeat the experience.
Old 10th June 2019, 14:02   #53
BHPian

I am not a fan of the black cladding in the back. Didn't like it on the Ecosport Thunder either (or was it a sticker in that case?). Is this now the latest fad after the DRL-above-headlamps?
Old 10th June 2019, 15:35   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated Duster interiors to be revamped.

Renault will upgrade the 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine to meet the BS6 norms. This, however, will be done only for the 110hp Duster, which means the 85hp variant will be axed.

Will come in MT , AMT and CVT variants.

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-1.jpg

Quote:
there's an all-new steering wheel replete with faux brushed aluminium finish and a fresh design that looks similar to those on newer Renault models. This same steering wheel is likely to feature in the Triber MPV in our market. Interestingly, the updated Duster's steering wheel also features buttons for cruise control but the volume control and other audio functions can be controlled using the buttons behind the steering wheel, similar to the current Duster
Quote:
Renault has cleverly used faux aluminium, chrome and piano black bits, and some colour coding that helps make it look fresh. Also new on the Duster facelift is that the centre console gets rectangular AC vents instead of round units; the vents on the corners remain circular but now get surrounds finished in faux brushed aluminium. The instrument cluster is the same with three circular units but the surround placed above it is new and gets a chrome outline.
Quote:
The updated Duster gets a new infotainment system as well. The screen size is the same but the interface is new and now offers Apple CarPlay, Android Auto as well as some connected car features. The storage area in front of the passenger gets a proper lid now
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th June 2019 at 15:40.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 16:07   #55
BHPian

Still the Duster looks like a bland package overall irrespective of all these updates. The car has nothing new to offer which the segment isn't offering already except the AWD. When the Duster was launched, I had huge expectations from Renault to establish itself in the market giving a tough competition to HMIL, Maruti, Honda & Toyota but unfortunately after the Kwid and failure of it's premium line up, they just lost the plot altogether getting extremely demoralised. I often feel that they aren't able to understand the Indian market altogether.
On a side they want to make cheap cars offering more affordable products to the consumers and in the other end they want that premium image as well but aren't working on that part. They really need to revamp their upper management launching some of their proper premium products if they want to stay relevant in the market. Else, the day isn't far when they would need to pack their bags and head back just like Chevrolet. IMO, they need a proper premium hatchback and a new CSUV along with a premium sedan targeting the C Segment. I know they won't do great numbers but it's important to create a portfolio in our market, as the saying goes "Jo Dikhta hai Woh Bikta hai".
Old 11th June 2019, 12:34   #56
Senior - BHPian

Updated Duster spotted in Zoji La on Srinagar Leh Highway.

Request moderator to delete this post, as the pictures are already there in the post.
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterspiedindiafirstphotoslaunch1.jpg  

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-2020renaultdusterspiedindiafirstphotoslaunch2.jpg  

Last edited by fz_rider : 11th June 2019 at 12:38.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 13:05   #57
BHPian

With the launch of this facelift now based on the previous generation Duster, all hopes of getting a new generation can be put to rest. They have used many design elements from the newer generation in this facelift, so if and when the next gen Duster, it will still look outdated.
Old 11th June 2019, 14:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

As always, websites lifting images from the same Facebook page and strapping their individual watermarks.

Coming back to the Duster, I like the interior, looks better than before, but yes, its surely a bit too late for Renault, unless they price this variant at Brezza or Nexon levels (if not already), this coupled with aggressive marketing may help them push some SUVs to customers.

Sadly, the AWD variant will not come with this facelift, this variant has one of the best ride-qualities, especially on city roads.
Old 11th June 2019, 14:37   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
As always, websites lifting images from the same Facebook page and strapping their individual watermarks.

Coming back to the Duster, I like the interior, looks better than before, but yes, its surely a bit too late for Renault, unless they price this variant at Brezza or Nexon levels (if not already), this coupled with aggressive marketing may help them push some SUVs to customers.

Sadly, the AWD variant will not come with this facelift, this variant has one of the best ride-qualities, especially on city roads.
Is it confirmed that there is no AWD version for this variant. Has Renault confirmed this already. If that's true then it's really sad.
Old 11th June 2019, 20:25   #60
BHPian

I am currently in the market looking for Duster AWD and 2 sales advisor from 2 different dealerships have told me that launch date for updated Duster is 19th June and they already had a training session. I was advised by them to wait for the new model and booking will begin from 25 June with deliveries beginning in July. Though the dates were clearly denied by 3rd dealership.

AWD would be introduced in RxS model as well. Clearly mentioned to me by one of the SA who got his training notes to walk me through the changes.

As expected, no discount would be offered on the new model whereas they are offering almost 50k off on existing ones (including 1st year Insurance free).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks