Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2019, 14:23   #121
BHPian

re: The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L

Not much new with what Renault is doing. They did the same with Nissan Sunny / Renault Scala. If a car maker reduces the price of an ageing product hoping for customers to see VFM and sales to pick-up it almost never happens. Sunny / Scala, Etios are recent examples.

Bring the new Duster before the brand name dies. Even today Duster sells more than Kicks, Terrano, Captur put together. But I think what is obvious to most here is an alien thinking to people running the show at Renault - Nissan.

~m
serious_maniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 14:48   #122
Team-BHP Support

Renault shouldn't have bothered with this. This is seriously just sad. When you have Kia Seltos, MG Hector and others in this segment.

On top of it you know the Kicks flopped and the Captur was even bigger flop then shouldn't you try harder to make the only car in your lineup that sold well once a success.

I said this before, the duster was comprehensively updated internationally as the pictures above show but we didn't get any of those changes. Instead we get small tweaks to AC vents and lights.

Renault Nissan seem completely clueless on how to sell a car. Kicks was decent but priced wrong and no automatic at all. No decent petrol when the world has moved to turbo petrol and DCt they are selling an AMT with diesel and an ancient petrol Na engine.

They will see another flop with this.

Last edited by ajmat : 9th July 2019 at 03:46. Reason: missed the word "have"
Vid6639 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 14:55   #123
Senior - BHPian

The most glaring absence in the RXS trim with AWD is the Automatic Climate Control. What a poor choice. Really disappointing to see the ACC being removed. They should have atleast given the option of a fully loaded AWD.
Traveler is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 14:59   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The most glaring absence in the RXS trim with AWD is the Automatic Climate Control. What a poor choice. Really disappointing to see the ACC being removed. They should have atleast given the option of a fully loaded AWD.
Hi, can I ask where you got the feature list by variant? Could you post it here? Thanks very much!
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 15:50   #125
Senior - BHPian

Well, things aren't always what they seem.

Here are diesel variant prices of the old Duster:

RxE 85 = 9.20 lakhs
RxS 85 = 10.00 lakhs
RxZ 85 = 11.20 lakhs
RxZ 110 = 12.10 lakhs
RxZ 110 AWD = 13.10 lakhs

2 things to note:

a) Premium of 1 lakh for AWD
b) Premium of 90k for 110 PS engine

---

Here are prices of the new Duster:

RxE 85 = 9.30 lakhs
RxS 85 = 10.00 lakhs
RxS 110 = 11.20 lakhs
RxS 110 AWD = 12.50 lakhs
RxZ 110 = 12.10 lakhs

So now, one has to pay:

a) Premium of 1.3 lakh for AWD
b) Premium of 1.2 lakh for 110 PS engine

PS. I know it is unfair to come to a conclusion without looking at the updated feature list but if there are no feature additions to justify the premium, Renault is taking RxS 110 and RxS 110 AWD buyers for a ride as prices of other variants are largely unchanged.

Last edited by self_driven : 8th July 2019 at 15:52.
self_driven is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 15:51   #126
Senior - BHPian

Here's how the facelifted Renault Duster lines up on the price graph against its rivals
Attached Thumbnails
The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-d8ez63vaaa7m3x.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 16:13   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi, can I ask where you got the feature list by variant? Could you post it here? Thanks very much!
As told to me by the SA at Renault, Bangalore. He had confirmed the AWD only is RXS variant many days ago to me.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 16:33   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
PS. I know it is unfair to come to a conclusion without looking at the updated feature list but if there are no feature additions to justify the premium, Renault is taking RxS 110 and RxS 110 AWD buyers for a ride as prices of other variants are largely unchanged.
Remember the AWD variant is RxS (Optional) - so may have more features than the previous RxS. This is where Renault has missed the homework by not making available the official brochure at the time of launch or at least updating their own website with the face-lifted car- very lax and unprofessional. I wonder how they even survive in this market, with the likes of MG coming in all guns blazing on the marketing side.
84.monsoon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 16:37   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As told to me by the SA at Renault, Bangalore. He had confirmed the AWD only is RXS variant many days ago to me.
Tried getting a brochure but the new Duster is launching in Pune only on the 13th of this month. The sales advisor from Renault Pune has taken my email id, and told me that the brochure would be sent to me on 12th.

Coming to the RXS trim, notable deletions could be cruise control, one touch driver's power window operation and automatic climate control. They're likely to carry over the alloy wheels, bumper inserts and roof rails with satin finish.

Renault calls the new trim for the AWD as RXS Option. I hope they give buyers the option of having cruise control, auto ac and single touch power window. People opting for the AWD variant are not likely to mind black roof rails and steel wheels. :-D

Cheers,

Jay
Old 8th July 2019, 22:10   #130
BHPian

TVC

Update : The Renault India site has been updated

The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L-diamond1min.jpg.ximg.l_8_h.smart.jpg

Link - Renault Duster

Brochure PDF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20pager-Duster_Blue_Brochure.pdf (3.96 MB, 1341 views)

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 8th July 2019 at 22:38.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 22:25   #131
BHPian

Observation : Renault Duster is doing similar just like the MM-Scorpio did a year back, the AWD/4WD is available in only the topmost model !

Ideally, including other such manufacturers, the AWD/4WD should be made available in the mid-level trims and onward, at extra 4WD cost. That way the soft/off-roaders would have some fun to venture into, which itself is a handful community, gradually building.
pcpranav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 22:45   #132
BHPian

Instead of this hotch-potch exercise, they should have given an AWD with the Captur. I am in love with the ride and handling of the Duster platform, but it's just that the entire package is not as convincing to put my money on!
Old 8th July 2019, 23:45   #133
Senior - BHPian

The AWD variant is only available in RXS version. It loses out on front fog lamps, Cruise Control, Automatic Climate Control and many other important features. What a blunder by Renualt. Why shouldn't the AWD have front fog lamps or cruise control is beyond any comprehension. It does not even get height adjustable driver seat. Really disappointing.
Traveler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 23:50   #134
BHPian

Renault India is only fooling itself with these half-hearted attempts. If not the latest gen Duster, they could have atleast wooed the AWD enthusiasts with a proper variant to create some value. What a missed opportunity !
Old 9th July 2019, 00:04   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The AWD variant is only available in RXS version. It loses out on front fog lamps, Cruise Control, Automatic Climate Control and many other important features. What a blunder by Renualt. Why shouldn't the AWD have front fog lamps or cruise control is beyond any comprehension. It does not even get height adjustable driver seat. Really disappointing.
Two really stupid misses: height adjustable driver's seat with armrest and rear wash wipe. Even cruise control and climate control aren't deal breakers but why did they have to even do away with rear wash-wipe? It was there on the older RxS trim.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks