Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2019, 14:30   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Renault Duster Facelift, now launched @ 7.99L

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
'Good' for Duster needn't be the same as that for Captur. 1 lakh would be a sweet deal for the facelifted Duster.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-diesel-415155

Up to Rs 1.5 lakh off on Renault Duster diesel
Old 4th December 2019, 18:26   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post

Thanks. Will check with the dealer tomorrow.
Old 5th December 2019, 21:32   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post

Checked with a dealer in Pune. Final price quoted for RXZ AMT is 15 lakh on road, which means a discount of just 50k. 1 year ago, the same model (albeit pre-facelift) was available for 14 lakh.

I get a feeling that with this attitude, they will end up having to buy their own BS4 inventory by March end.
pseudo_coder is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 22:18   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder;

I get a feeling that with this attitude, they will end up having to buy their own BS4 inventory by March end.
Soo true, even with the “slowdown” in sales I dont see much improvement in attitude of dealers. They still stick to “take it” or “leave it” attitude as if they are doing us a favour.
Old 5th December 2019, 23:37   #185

I am waiting for the discounts on AWD version price quoted to me is 14.6lakh by Dehradun Dealer. How much should I wait?
Old 6th December 2019, 08:26   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrashmisaurabh View Post
I am waiting for the discounts on AWD version price quoted to me is 14.6lakh by Dehradun Dealer. How much should I wait?
If you can wait, Feb-March may fetch you a great deal. But also possible that the stock would be over. If you don't mind the cosmetics, try hunting for the pre-facelift version. It may save you couple of lakhs more.
pseudo_coder is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 13:39   #187
BHPian

Has anyone tried to get an 'arm rest' for their duster. Found this link on Ali Express LINK.
Old 20th December 2019, 14:08   #188
BHPian

@ shashi 792 after looking at the images posted in the link, I reckon it should fit, as the gap between the seats looks about the same, I have been looking around for one for my RXS CVT duster, not able to source one except from ALI Ex which I had also considered. Fit and finish seems good as well.
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 08:59   #189
BHPian

Hi Guys..

I am a big fan of the ride quality of Duster (especially on Bangalore roads) but i am curious - has anybody tried tuning their suspension to make it less sporty on say a Creta or Seltos ? If so - whats your experience ?

*newbie here - feel free to direct me to a thread if this is already discussed*
S.Shyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 17:44   #190
JLN
BHPian

Got a call from a sales guy at Renault Whitefield bangalore. Looks like Renault is offering big discounts now on the duster AWD. About 1.8 lakhs. At that price assume this will be a great deal.

Last edited by JLN : 9th January 2020 at 17:45.
JLN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 22:46   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
Got a call from a sales guy at Renault Whitefield bangalore. Looks like Renault is offering big discounts now on the duster AWD. About 1.8 lakhs. At that price assume this will be a great deal.
Yes, the ex-showroom price has been slashed by 1.5 lakhs to 10.99 pan-India for RXS 4x4. The 4X2 RXS is available for 9.99 ex-showroom, making it road-tax efficient. No discounts on RXZ models.

https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/ca...ariants/540560
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 00:51   #192
Senior - BHPian

Post March BS VI this engine will no longer be available. Be careful if you buy one now since spare parts will become scarce. It's a fire sale by Renault to liquidate all the left over stock.
Old 16th January 2020, 06:21   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Post March BS VI this engine will no longer be available. Be careful if you buy one now since spare parts will become scarce. It's a fire sale by Renault to liquidate all the left over stock.
The engine does duty in a whole host of Renault and Nissan cars such as Lodgy, Duster, Captur, Scala, Sunny, Terrano. Kicks etc. A detuned version of it powered the Logan and Mahindra Verito. There must be 100s of 1000s of cars out there with this engine. So I would not worry too much about the hat aspect, since the aftermarket demand will be there in large numbers and Renault is still going to be in our market and not going anywhere. I would not be surprised if the continue to use this engine for their exports. The K9K is so well respected and trusted all over the world, so I am sure many emerging markets will still want the product for years to come.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 17:06   #194

Friends, my parents are looking to buy a spacious and comfortable compact SUV and Duster is among the shortlists and how - let me explain: Ever since I moved abroad, I left my 2013 VW Jetta Petrol for their usage and as they both don't drive anymore it is chauffeur driven always for occasional outstation trips and local errands around the city once in two weeks. The annual usage has been 8000-10000 kms. Since the usage is not regular we don't have a personal driver but had someone who was dependent and careful with the car and he was the only one driving it for a while. But things changed, he moved to a different city as he got a job in an MNC and since then I haven't been able to find anyone who is careful with the car, to make things worse it is a different person coming each time they have to take the car out. Needless to say the car quality has deteriorated considerably over the last 6 months and the car had to go for a clutch overhaul now at 65k kms. The car has also started show its age and throwing up error messages on startup, parents get worried and call me each time this happens. I then get my FNG to pick up the car, check for issues, fix them and drop it back. This exercise has repeated for quite a while and I have slowly realised that Germans are best kept as self drive cars and not to be left to the chauffeurs especially when you don't have a single person driving it or taking care of it.

My parents have no experience with Germans as they have always used Japanese brands and used to the solid reliability that came associated with it, they are literally helpless each time the console lits up. They consider this a burden more than an utility and is also worried about the high maintenance bills (even though I take care of it) as well. For them, at this point they just need a comfortable, spacious and fairly reliable car that is best suited for their occasional usage.

The criteria for new cars in order of preference are as below:
1. Budget of 11 lakhs (on-road, Cochin)
2. Comfortable ride quality
3. Ease of ingress and egress as sedans are not very friendly in this aspect
4. Spacious interiors
5. Reliability
6. Safety
7. After sales service support
8. Petrol engine

The factors that does not matter to them are:
1. Driving comfort (matters to me though, but I will be driving this car only for 3-4 weeks in every 1.5 - 2 years, so I'll let it pass)
2. Features
3. Fuel efficiency as the usage is very minimal

One of my close friends has a Duster 110 and I've driven about 3000 kms on it on various instances and have been smitten by its ride comfort, this thing just swallows every crater on its way and the passengers feel nothing inside. I absolutely hated the ergonomics and the low drivers seat which provided no neck support for me as I am fairly tall at 6'2". Since the ride comfort outweighs most of the negatives of this car, I have shortlisted Duster for my parents.

I'm also thinking of getting the Duster Petrol CVT as against the manual, as this is going to be chauffeur driven and that makes it one less part for them to ruin (May be this is a noob thought process, request the seniors here to guide me). The other contenders are Ford Ecosport and Honda WR-V, even though I like the Ecosport for its solid build quality and drive-ability, I am not a fan of its space on offer, it is cramped and not very spacious. I have no personal experience with the WR-V, but going by the Team-BHP review and other user reviews I learned that it offers decent ride comfort for passengers, but then it is not offered with an AT.
My decision is heavily inclined towards the Duster CVT and is planning to get the 3 above cars home for a test "ride" with my parents as passengers.
The whole purchase process will be handled remotely by me over phone and e-mail.

Considering all of the above, I request you all to pour in your opinions on buying the Duster CVT, if that seems like a bad choice kindly suggest alternatives.

Request to Mods: Newbie here, please change this to appropriate threads or delete this post if it seems inappropriate in this thread.

Drive safe!

Last edited by thomasjr : 11th February 2020 at 17:17. Reason: Spacing
thomasjr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 19:16   #195
Senior - BHPian

If you arent in much of a hurry, you may want to consider the new Duster 1.3 CVT turbo with 156 PS that will likely be launched in April or so.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks