Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2019, 19:10   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The most crucial of them all, apart from the flappy paddles, ought to have been those all-LED headlights from the Vento Highline. It's something VW really ought to have added to the facelift GT.

Plus six airbags and rear disk brakes. For a pretty quick hatch, these two would help a lot.
Cayman360 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 22:53   #182
Team-BHP Support

re: The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Plus six airbags and rear disk brakes. For a pretty quick hatch, these two would help a lot.
That probably pushing it. lol.

Look at us all dreaming about Polo with useful features.

All this dreaming when we know fully well that next version of Polo GT TSI is 1.0L 3 pot motor meeting BS6 with an increased price and more marketing mumbo jumbo as the really all new polo launched at an exciting introductory price of 9.99L.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 08:11   #183
BHPian

I don't understand what's the point of this "facelift" when they'll need to have another model out next year to comply with BS6? They really think people are going to buy into these stop gap measures ? The whole company should right now be focusing on getting newer models lile the T-cross and getting the existing ones ready for BS6.
sharninder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 08:29   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Updated Polo and its equipment list:

Quote:
Polo Trendline [Rs 5.83 – 7.35 lakh]
•1.0-litre petrol engine with 5-speed manual
•1.5-litre diesel engine with 5-speed manual
•Dual airbags
•ABS
•Rear parking sensors
•Adjustable front and rear headrests
•Rear fog light
•14-inch steel wheels with full covers shod in 175/70 R14 tyres
•Turn indicators integrated in the body coloured ORVMs
•Black and grey interior theme
•Tilt and telescopic adjust for the steering
•Driver-side dead pedal
•Charging outlet in the centre console
•Folding rear seats
•Height-adjustable driver seat
•14-inch steel spare wheel

Polo Comfortline [Rs 6.77 – 8.52 lakh]
•Front fog lights
•15-inch alloy wheels shod in 185/60 R15 tyres
•Electrically adjustable ORVMs
•Rear defogger and wiper
•Power windows
•Rear luggage cover
•Ambient lighting with dimming function
•Cooled and lit glove box
•Digital MID
•Music system with Bluetooth connectivity
•Four-speaker sound system
•Remote central locking
•Speed-sensing auto door locks

Polo Highline Plus [Rs 7.77 – 9.32 lakh]
•Auto dimming IRVM
•16-inch alloy wheels with 195/55 R16 tyres
•Black roof (option)
•Cornering lights
•Power-folding ORVMs
•Front and rear one-touch power windows
•Leather-wrapped steering wheel with steering mounted controls
•Leather-wrapped gear-shift knob
•12V charging point in front centre armrest
•Rear AC vents
•6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility
•Volkswagen Connect connectivity suite
•Voice-command support
•Cruise control
•Automatic wipers
•Automatic climate control

Polo GT [Rs 9.76 – 9.89 lakh]
•1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine with 7-speed dual-clutch automatic
•1.5-litre (110hp) diesel engine with 5-speed manual
•GT Line side skirts
•Black GT Line spoiler
•GT Line black roof
•GT Line black ORVMs
•GT Line badging
•Rear bumper with diffuser
Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 08:50   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I don't understand what's the point of this "facelift" when they'll need to have another model out next year to comply with BS6? They really think people are going to buy into these stop gap measures ?
On the plus side though, the advantages of having a VW Polo of any year in India, which overall, is unchanged, are plenty. Provided one has the spare cash and passion/inclination (which most VW fans have), the augmentations to the VW Polo are literally unlimited :

- Changing rear light assembly to LED/Euro spec
- Changing steering wheel with paddle shifters (TSi only)
- Changing seats to tartan spec
- Middle arm-rest with cup-holder
- Illumination control
- Tons of tweaking/modding the ECU
- Bilstein/Sachs/Eibach/Koni and other rock-hard suspension upgrades

All these could be done in n numbers of permutation/combinations to appear/perform like any spec of Polo within the past decade. Truly the car equivalent of an unlocked bootloader Android phone. Keeps the looks fresh and the itch for upgrade away, this is the core reason why the Polo sustains its numbers.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 09:45   #186
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Polo and Ameo facelift details out. Edit: Now launched at Rs. 5.82 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Thank you bro for sharing this info here.

By the looks of this, I have not lost a zilch by jumping the gun and picking up a GT so close to the Launching Introductory Polo!!

Quote:
Rear bumper with diffuser
Seriously Volkswagen India??

I would have been way more disappointed if VW had gone all out to bump up the power of GT twins and then added this diffuser.
But I'd like to thank VW India for keeping my trust that:

They could care less about Indian market.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 09:04   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Ameo GT Line launch soon

Quote:
Ameo GT Line gets the same cosmetic changes seen on the Vento GT Line sans the facelift. In essence, the sportier-looking version of the Ameo gets the new Sunset Red paint shade, a black roof, ORVM covers and boot lid spoiler, chrome-finished door handles, a GT Line badge on the front fender, and GT Line decals on the doors.

All other features and safety kit appear to be identical to the top-spec Ameo Highline Plus variant – the diesel Ameo GT and Ameo Highline Plus are also priced at an identical Rs 9.99 lakh. As such, the petrol Ameo GT Line is expected to cost the same Rs 7.99 lakh as the petrol Ameo Highline Plus
Link
Old 8th September 2019, 09:14   #188
BANNED

Volkswagen India introduces Ameo GT Line trim.

Unlike the Polo and Vento, the standard Volkswagen Ameo has not yet been given the new front grille and bumper design. On the other hand, the Ameo GT Line gets the same cosmetic changes seen on the Vento GT Line sans the facelift. In essence, the sportier-looking version of the Ameo gets the new Sunset Red paint shade, a black roof, ORVM covers and boot lid spoiler, chrome-finished door handles, a GT Line badge on the front fender, and GT Line decals on the doors.

Prices for diesel Ameo GT Line to start from ₹ 9,99,900/-

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-ameo-gt-line.jpgThe 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-ameo-spoiler.jpg

Link
Old 8th September 2019, 11:10   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
These are same as previous one. What are the features that have been added to this 'facelift'?
Voice controls were there before as well, highlighting them now is of no good. May be I am missing something but seriously what are new in this list?
Old 8th September 2019, 12:41   #190

Need help, my fellow BHPians.
We had been searching around for a new car recently in Under 12 Lacs Segment lately. After testing the Ciaz, Ertiga, Glanza and the mighty VW Polo GT TSi, hands down - GT TSi came out as the winner in Overall Ride Quality and Built. Yes, space is an issue for people in the rear seat, but that's okay for me.
So we waited until the Polo GT Line TSi was launched and finally we booked the new GT Line Polo TSi.

What scares me now is the maintenance of the beast. I have came across people claiming that Clutch wear and tear takes place in the DSG which would need replacement at any point of time and would cost around Rs. 1 Lac or more plus it is not covered under warranty (but the sales staff claim it is covered).

Secondly I saw a video on YouTube by some person ( Not Naming ) who claims to have spent Rs.40k on a service after 60k Kms on the ODO - Which includes Transformer Change, wiring of transformer, Spark Plugs, Water Pump etc.

I already have a 2012 Vento TDI 1.6L, which runs fantastically even today with 150k on the ODO. Only major service was the Injector Cleaning and Timing Belt Change. The diesel motor still gives the same Pick-Up as it gave when new. Plus a mileage of 15kmpl in the city and around 19kmpl on Highways. Avg Service Costs around 10K once a year after 15k Kms. What else would anyone want.

TIP : ALWAYS GET YOUR SERVICE DONE ON TIME AND ONLY FROM COMPANY SERVICE CENTERS. NEVER EVER GET YOUR VOLKSWAGEN SERVICED IN OPEN MARKET.

Coming back to the POLO GT TSi - Is maintenance really an issue, especially of the GT TSi ? Is DSG Clutch covered under warranty ? Lastly is it worth buying 2019 Polo GT Line TSi ?

Last edited by Aditya : 8th September 2019 at 17:51. Reason: only 3 smileys allowed
Old 8th September 2019, 15:34   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditjain23 View Post

I already have a 2012 Vento TDI 1.6L, which runs fantastically even today with 150k on the ODO.

Coming back to the POLO GT TSi - Is maintenance really an issue, especially of the GT TSi ? Is DSG Clutch covered under warranty ? Lastly is it worth buying 2019 Polo GT Line TSi ?
Like you have mentioned clearly that you are very much satisfied with your Vento and have your eyes set on the new GT TSI then why not go ahead and get one?

It is truly an affordable hot hatch and that DSG is lightning quick. To answer your query regarding clutch being covered under warranty, yes it is covered under warranty and since VW is offering 7 years extended warranty on its cars you will have complete peace of mind. So my suggestion would be to go ahead and enjoy the little beast.
ram87pune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 16:41   #192
BHPian

This launch event of all new polo and vento and the vento GT editions are like insulting intelligence of common people of India. I totally love the quality of their cars and engines (I own a rapid), but I really don’t like there attitude towards us. Its like “we have new generation models, but you people don’t deserve it”. They really proved it with this launch event.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-e100c825e07b4339942d9bf5407f1db0.jpeg  

rapid_fire is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 18:11   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TIP : ALWAYS GET YOUR SERVICE DONE ON TIME AND ONLY FROM COMPANY SERVICE CENTERS. NEVER EVER GET YOUR VOLKSWAGEN SERVICED IN OPEN MARKET.
This just sums it up.

Follow the car manual to the point and I don't see any reason why Polo GT TSi can be any trouble.

I would say, you have got a car which has tons of mod potential and in its best avatar.

I still have my Vento 1.6 TDi and get it regularly serviced at VW Workshops only. Drives like a bliss it did on day 1. No other C segment car is a match to it even a decade later.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 13:40   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So we waited until the Polo GT Line TSi was launched and finally we booked the new GT Line Polo TSi.
Congratulations!

Quote:
What scares me now is the maintenance of the beast. I have came across people claiming that Clutch wear and tear takes place in the DSG which would need replacement at any point of time and would cost around Rs. 1 Lac or more plus it is not covered under warranty (but the sales staff claim it is covered).
I haven't heard of anyone facing issues with the clutch, unless the car has been driven quite a bit. I know of one or two guys who have done over 1,00,000 km on the odo and they haven't had any clutch issues per se. Normal wear and tear of the clutch required them to replace the clutch pack at 1,05,000 km and that's normal, albeit pricier than your average MT clutch replacement. (It's definitely not going to cost you 1 lakh+ for a clutch repalcement!)

However, the mechatronics is what you need to be worried about. This unit may fail at 50,000, 60,000 or even as early as 5000 / 10,000 km on the odo. Replacing the mechatronics outside warranty (in the event VW refuses to honour even goodwill warranty) will mean a 1.5 lakh bill or more!

Quote:
Secondly I saw a video on YouTube by some person ( Not Naming ) who claims to have spent Rs.40k on a service after 60k Kms on the ODO - Which includes Transformer Change, wiring of transformer, Spark Plugs, Water Pump etc.
Service can be expensive once the car has covered in excess of 50k on the odo. This is down to wear and tear parts that need replacement and / or labour. But I'm not sure what this transformer change / wiring is.

Please note that VW will charge you excessively if you are lackadaisical about timely services or you don't actively participate in the service process of your car. Be aware and alert at all times!

Quote:
I would normally agree with this, because the benefits of getting your car serviced at unauthorized service center are huge! For example, if at any point your gearbox's mechatronics unit fails, VW will consider honouring goodwill warranty if your record is clean, i.e. if you have been getting the car serviced regularly at VW and in a timely manner. Not having any modifications to the car will also further your chances of availing goodwill warranty.

However, I haven't had the best experience with VW (Palace Cross).

1) They refused to allow me access to my car and observe the service being done to my own car (!) - unacceptable because they ordinarily should permit you if you request them.

2) They were ready and willing to dishonour warranty for a steering rack replacement solely because I had changed the tyres (only the tyres, by the way) on my car at the time of delivery - a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

3) I still haven't received clarity on a few issues I've had with my car, which included an almost invisible bubbling of the paint that had developed at the edge of my bootlid, and a very slight fogging up and condensation inside the RHS tail light.

4) Earlier this year I'd visited Volkswagen Palace Cross (Rajajinagar) to complain about my rock hard suspension and super tight steering. My car had, at that time, done about 25,000 on the odo. I was certain that there was something horribly wrong with the suspension and went to them to get it replaced under warranty (I was in my final year of extended warranty i.e. 2 years, and the car would complete 4 years since delivery - in May). They first took my warranty details and then made me wait for an hour before the service guy jumped into my car for a drive around the block. The guy took my car for a spin with me in the passenger seat and within 500 meters he said the suspension is fine and does not require replacing. He went on to say that the tyres were probably hard which is the reason for "the slightly stiff ride". I tried persuading them to take off the wheels, for which they said they will have to charge me (!) and then asked me to come in 6 months later to reevaluate the suspension replacement request. It was obvious that they had a discussion behind closed doors and were thereafter trying to push the car beyond the warranty period and get me to replace the parts outside warranty at my cost.

5) Any and every request I'd made, however small / inconsequential / insignificant, fell on deaf ears. They were all smiles throughout, but rejected every request, whether it was for merely a check up of the suspension, or the brakes, or even something as small and simple as to not apply that godawful wax-polish on the dashboard!

6) They simply refused to work with the insurance guys for replacement of my windshield that had cracked due to a branch that had fallen. I understand that I'd taken insurance independently, and I wasn't expecting them to coordinate with the insurance guys like the way they would had I taken insurance from the dealer at the time of purchase. However, they simply refused to cooperate with them and that's what irked me.

At this point, I'd realised that although the service advisor who was assigned to me was a nice chap, VW Palace Cross was being extremely non-cooperative and shrugging from their basic duties.

I don't know what it's like now. I know of people who've have good experiences at Palace Cross. In fact a few of them had even got the authorized service guys to swap the stock steering for the GTI wheel. I guess I've just been extremely unlucky, I don't know?

This is why I've decided to get my car serviced at a FNG and risk the fact that my gearbox warranty won't be honoured.

Quote:
If you are lucky, you may not experience the trouble that I have faced. And for the most part, maintenance is not a big issue as long as you are smart about it. Yes, the DSG (mechatronics) is covered by warranty / goodwill warranty. Take the 7 year package that is now made available, for complete peace of mind. Yes, it is worth buying the Polo GT, because it's still a great car to drive and there aren't too many cars that will compete with it and come out on top, in my opinion. It's just the service experience that leaves a lot to be desired.

Also, please be warned that post 2014-15, VW has been aggressive with localization of parts, and certain parts are downright substandard, like the struts, ball joints, stabilizer links, etc. These parts may need replacement sooner than you think, and insist that they are replaced under warranty at all costs, should the need arise!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th September 2019 at 13:46. Reason: Typo
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 13:54   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Congratulations!

If you are lucky, you may not experience the trouble that I have faced. And for the most part, maintenance is not a big issue as long as you are smart about it. Yes, the DSG (mechatronics) is covered by warranty / goodwill warranty. Take the 7 year package that is now made available, for complete peace of mind. Yes, it is worth buying the Polo GT, because it's still a great car to drive and there aren't too many cars that will compete with it and come out on top, in my opinion. It's just the service experience that leaves a lot to be desired.

Also, please be warned that post 2014-15, VW has been aggressive with localization of parts, and certain parts are downright substandard, like the struts, ball joints, stabilizer links, etc. These parts may need replacement sooner than you think, and insist that they are replaced under warranty at all costs, should the need arise!
Thank you so much. That was really helpful and answered most of my queries. Most importantly, now I am actually more excited to sit behind the wheel

Thanks for all previous replies too ! Cheers

Shall upload pictures once it enters my garage !!!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th September 2019 at 17:05. Reason: trimming quoted post
muditjain23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks