Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2020, 16:58   #226
BHPian

Re: The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
Although, I am not sure how much to trust the brochure now since on page 31 of the same brochure mentions 'GT sports seats' while there is no GT variant on offer.
Or, are they reducing the mighty GT to just dealership level upgrades?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
1.0L TSi +TC seem to be India only combination. I looked for international forums and reviews are mostly for 1.0TSi + DSG. Also internationally this is either available with 95HP or 115HP tune. 110HP seem to be again India specific.

As they have already offered both lower and higher state of tone this engine in the normal Polo, I don't think they will launch a GT version with this same engine. Even if the launch the 115 BHP with DSG as GT, it won't justify the premium over 110 BHP + TC.

With their current engines only if they could localise 1.5 engine with DSG it will become worth the GT badge (wishful thinking). In fact they can even launch it with GTI badge if it come with a 1.5. But then current Polo sold in India is already a very old product to put that much effort on.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2020, 21:00   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The car is now exactly 10 years old since launch. I bought my Polo TDI Trendline in 2010 May/June for Rs. 6 lakh on-road, it was one of the first Polos to be delivered.
Totally agree with all the points stated by you. But let's not forget the fact that this 10 year old car still has that "Fun to drive" factor which other premium hatches don't.
Old 23rd April 2020, 08:37   #228
BHPian

Why doesn't India get the MK6 Polo? It's been 3 years since they've launched in 2017 Globally. If manufacturers like Hyundai are able to bring their latest products in much sooner, why can't the world's second largest manufacturer do so?

India's car market has matured a lot & deserves the latest products; not an 11 year old car. Only 632 Polo's were sold in Jan 2020 and the writing is on the wall for VW.
Old 23rd April 2020, 09:16   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

As per VW India, DSG is totally removed from the Polo/Vento range, and there is no question of any variant suddenly appearing with one.

Further, the 1.0 TSI being launched in India is a slightly detuned version of the 115 bhp version sold globally, and not 'another' version. Hence, any international review of the 115 bhp should hold good for India as well. Unfortunately, the 1.0 TSI + torque converter combo is a first globally, so no reviews of it at all.
Old 23rd April 2020, 11:10   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
Why doesn't India get the MK6 Polo? It's been 3 years since they've launched in 2017 Globally. If manufacturers like Hyundai are able to bring their latest products in much sooner, why can't the world's second largest manufacturer do so?
New Polo is over 4 meters and it gets in to higher tax slab, making it even more expensive. I don't know how much engineering it takes to shorten the bumpers and bring it under 4 meters.
Old 23rd April 2020, 11:58   #231
Senior - BHPian

With Ford dropping wonderful Figo AT , VW has launched a torque converter with 3 pot yet more powerful engine. Post lockdown sometime I am looking to get a automatic compact car. With above changes i have shortlisted Amaze CVT and Polo Highline plus. Both are priced evenly but car are poles apart. Need to take a test drive.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2020, 12:01   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
India's car market has matured a lot & deserves the latest products; not an 11 year old car. Only 632 Polo's were sold in Jan 2020 and the writing is on the wall for VW.
I think the low number was also because of discontinuation of BS4 and switch to BS6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
New Polo is over 4 meters and it gets in to higher tax slab, making it even more expensive. I don't know how much engineering it takes to shorten the bumpers and bring it under 4 meters.
More than the engineering part, VW focus right now is to bring the popular SUVs to India. If the A0 IN Taigun becomes a success next year, the next gen Polo and Vento (or Virtus) should make it to India as well. Till that time BS6 polo without a GT variant is all we get.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2020, 02:09   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Till that time BS6 polo without a GT variant is all we get.
I am so confused about the VW India website . They now have added a Polo GT TSI that comes with a manual gearbox only.

So they have comfortline and trendline - both MT, Highline plus - AT and GT TSI - MT again. The brochure is missing the GT altogether.

Not sure what the Polo variants are going to look like. If anyone has any information, please share. Thanks!
Old 27th April 2020, 09:26   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
I am so confused about the VW India website . They now have added a Polo GT TSI that comes with a manual gearbox only.

So they have comfortline and trendline - both MT, Highline plus - AT and GT TSI - MT again. The brochure is missing the GT altogether.

Not sure what the Polo variants are going to look like. If anyone has any information, please share. Thanks!
You are right, both the manual comfort line and trend line are getting the lower state of tune engine. The 110 BHP manual is now the GT, but the 110 BHP + TC high line is just a regular polo. They could’ve just given an option to buy high line both in manual or with a TC but guess they want to keep the GT badge alive as well.
Old 27th April 2020, 10:20   #235
BHPian

Sorry, the Highline is also available with a manual with the exact same power as GT. That means the GT and high line have the same engine, but are different cosmetically, which does not justify shelling out extra 1.5 lacs.

Guess the exact details will come out only after lockdown is over but right now what they are doing does not make any sense.
Old 27th April 2020, 16:54   #236
BHPian

Since the announcement of Polo 2020 at Autoshow, I was eagerly waiting for the launch of new GT variant with TC box. I was following Volkswagen India website regularly, for the updates on Polo, and even reported them about the incorrect information on the Polo page, which they corrected after some time.

Now I am really interested in knowing what differentiation Volkswagen has made between Highline Plus and GT variants, as the price for Highline Plus is ₹8,02,300 and for GT it is ₹9,59,500, that is almost more than 1.5L. Both are Manual TSI variants.

Highline Plus AT Ex show room price is ₹9,12,600, waiting for the lockdown to be lifted for more details and test drive.
Old 28th April 2020, 10:48   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000p
-- They now have added a Polo GT TSI that comes with a manual gearbox only.

-- Thanks!
TSI comes in MT/AT... Details of 6AT will follow soon.

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-tsi.png
Old 28th April 2020, 13:02   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Vento BS6 Variant-Wise Prices Revealed:

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-v2.png

The Vento BS6 comes with a 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine only. It’s offered in four variants: Trendline, Comfortline Plus, Highline and Highline Plus.
It’s offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter.

Name:  ven.PNG
Views: 1404
Size:  24.6 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th April 2020 at 13:08.
Old 28th April 2020, 13:21   #239
Team-BHP Support

I haven't checked the features yet to know what is new in the BS6 variant but purely on engine / gearbox this makes no sense to me whatsoever.

So they lobbed off one cylinder, reduced the displacement to 1L and did away with the DSG which was expensive and said Indians were cost conscious and didn't really look at DSG vs other technology as long as it was automatic.

So the DSG was replaced by a cheaper, simpler and older 6 speed torque converter.

And after all that the price increased by 11,000?

What exactly happened here?
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th April 2020, 13:31   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
TSI comes in MT/AT... Details of 6AT will follow soon.

Attachment 1999601
The Highline comes with an option of manual or auto in TSI. But on the GT page it just says a manual TSI. The power is also same as that of Highline, which is why it is very difficult to understand why they are charging an extra 1.5 lacs for the GT version?

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-screenshot-20200428-1.28.50-pm.png

Most Viewed