Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2020, 16:52   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Interesting! wonder what is the difference between the Highline Plus and the GT? From the website it looks like the only difference is the AT box (at an additional 1.5 lakhs ex.showroom).
+1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I spoke to the salesperson. He said that highline plus comes in MT and AT while GT only comes in AT. And this is the variant list that I got from the dealer.
This is the worst way to make a variant list. 0/100 to KUN for this. Looking at this sheet, it looks as if there is a premium pricing between Highline Plus AT and GT TSI ONLY for the "GT" badge on the car! Its absolutely does not clarify what more is there in GT over Highline Plus AT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
The brochure is not updated but GT will probably get ESP, hill hold assist and some paint/sticker job to differentiate from the Highline Plus AT.
Mostly that is what will be the reality. But honestly, the GT was supposed to be a performance variant, which it was till recent times. Now the Highline Plus AT already gives most mechanical features as the GT. GT Probably gets emblems, sporty foot pedals for the driver, all black cabin trims and stickers / coloured accents here and there. Either way - I feel the Highline Plus AT makes more sense than GT!

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th May 2020 at 16:58.
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2020, 10:58   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
The brochure is not updated but GT will probably get ESP, hill hold assist and some paint/sticker job to differentiate from the Highline Plus AT.
The spec. sheet of the GT,

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-g1.png
The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-g2.png
The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-g3.png
The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-g4.png
The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-g5.png

Source:VW
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2020, 22:25   #258
BHPian

Limited-edition Volkswagen Polo TSI, Vento TSI launched
  • The limited-run VW Polo TSI Edition costs Rs 7.89 lakh, while the Vento TSI Edition is priced at Rs 10.99 lakh.
  • The Polo TSI Edition costs Rs 13,000 less than the Polo Highline Plus MT.
  • The Vento TSI Edition costs Rs 1 lakh less than the Vento Highline Plus MT.
  • The BS6 Vento TSI's ARAI fuel efficiency is rated at 17.69kpl.

The limited-edition Polo TSI and Vento TSI are based on their respective, top-of-the-line Highline Plus variants, and so they share the same level of equipment. The Polo TSI Edition, however, undercuts the Polo Highline Plus MT by Rs 13,000, while the Vento TSI Edition is priced a whopping Rs 1 lakh lower than the Vento Highline Plus MT.

Source: ACI
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...aunched-417223
Old 28th May 2020, 12:27   #259
BHPian

Took a test drive of two versions of the Polo for around 5KM yesterday:
1. Polo 1.0L TSI 6 speed MT
2. Polo 1.0L MPI 5 speed MT. I know it's been on the market for a while, but I finally got to see what they have done with the 1.0L engine only today.

The TSI manual was F-U-N! Silent, loves to rev, accelerates like mad and brakes really well. Stays well in control like a Polo usually does. The manual TSI has front disc brakes and rear drum along with a slightly stiffer suspension. It essentially felt like a GT only with an MT. I asked about the differences as compared to the GT TSI, and the SA mentioned the AT and ESP. I'm sure there must be a few other differences. Couldn't get my hands on the brochure unfortunately. On-road price was ~9.5L (Pune).

The 1.0L MPI was simply underwhelming. Especially after driving the TSI. I own a 1.2L MPI that I have driven for 4 years now - and that's not exactly a peppy engine - but I haven't felt it lacking power even while overtaking on the expressway at ~80-90KMPH speeds in fifth. But the 1.0L MPI simply felt sluggish. It's a Polo all the way when it comes to handling, build quality, suspension and steering. But the engine felt under-powered. Even the 5 speed gearbox felt notchy while shifting. It's more suited to city driving and I could get used to it, even on the highway, but it's not ideal. I'm sure it's effective at it's job of reducing emissions and increasing mileage. Price quoted was ~8.2L on road. Product & price-wise, if you compare the MPI to the TSI MT, it's almost like VW does not want you to buy the MPI trendline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

GT Probably gets emblems, sporty foot pedals for the driver, all black cabin trims and stickers / coloured accents here and there. Either way - I feel the Highline Plus AT makes more sense than GT!
There was a TSI MT being prepared for delivery. Even that had vinyl on doors for differentiation. It seems that we now need to look at vinyls to differentiate the versions of the Polo. Apart from that, it seems VW has completely eliminated the beige interiors. Both the cars I drove had all black interiors. SA says all Polos will have all-black now. I also felt as if the steering was marginally smaller in size. It could just be my perception and I could be wrong though.
MegaWhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 13:54   #260
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Are the bumpers on the new polo a direct fit for the old polo.?

I was thinking of how to jazz up my 2011 polo.
Old 5th July 2020, 13:57   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi Guys,

Yes the bumpers on the new Polo are a direct fit for all the old ones but you might want to check on the grille. IIRC, the new bumper doesn't have a notch to accommodate the VW logo like the old ones did.
Old 5th July 2020, 15:32   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi Guys,

Yep all bumpers and grills are interchangeable. 53xx for the front and 77xx for the rear bumper. The trusty ol' stores in-charge at the Navsari dealership gave this info a few days back.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 15:37   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Yep all bumpers and grills are interchangeable.
Do you know if this is the case for the Vento too? I’d like to swap out of 2016 Vento’s front bumper for the new one.
Old 5th July 2020, 15:55   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Do you know if this is the case for the Vento too? I’d like to swap out of 2016 Vento’s front bumper for the new one.
If you're having this model:

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-2015vwvento09.jpg

I'm guessing you'll have to change the bonnet too since it doesn't have the cutout for the logo. This was VW's trick to up the Vento's image to that of the Jetta.

You can see the cutout in the bonnet for the VW logo at the center:

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-2019volkswagenventofacelift18.jpg
(Image credit: Express Drives)
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 12:36   #265
BHPian

Mods, any chance you drove new TSI 1.0 AT on Vento and Polo?

I notice that even the top end model doesn’t have ESP and traction control. Did VW india delete these features?
Old 12th October 2020, 12:38   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
Mods, any chance you drove new TSI 1.0 AT on Vento and Polo?

I notice that even the top end model doesn’t have ESP and traction control. Did VW india delete these features?
That's not true. I have driven the Polo GT and saw the Highline Plus AT as well.
Both these versions have ESP and Hill Hold Control. But these are available only on the AT and NOT MT.

Same goes with Vento and Rapid as well.

Please see the attached catalogue.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf polo-brochure - SEP 2020.pdf (13.97 MB, 398 views)
Old 12th October 2020, 17:53   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I'm guessing you'll have to change the bonnet too since it doesn't have the cutout for the logo. This was VW's trick to up the Vento's image to that of the Jetta.

You can see the cutout in the bonnet for the VW logo at the center:
As Gannu mentioned, you will have to change the bonnet too, unless you get a grille with no provision for the VW logo.

Personally, I would suggest sticking to the 2016 face, as it looks far more mature and grown up than the Polo. Plus, it gives the Vento its own distinct look.

The new Vento's face (well, the wanna-be GTI face) makes it look like a fake Polo GTI with a boot slapped onto it. But again, this is my personal opinion. To each, his own.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed