Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2019, 12:58   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched

Great! Few of us GTI owners were feeling really exclusive , thanks to the mesh grille, sporty front bumper, rear diffuser and Euro style taillights. And now VW wants to take that away from us!

Well, for consolation we still have the red stripe in the grille, twin tail pipes and the led headlamps. I think they are saving these for the next 3 facelift cycles one by one. The last Polo of this generation sold in India is going to be one awesome car and the real Polo related scoop would be "VW to pull the plug on the 6C Polo.... at last".

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 22nd June 2019 at 13:01.
Santoshbhat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 14:28   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Not that anyone cares, but here are some pics of the 'facelifted for the gazillionth time' Polo and vento. I really feel vw has hired ex Hindustan Motors employees in their product team. Nobody else has been able to keep a model going on for so long with adding a line to the bumper and changing the mesh design in the grille. 😂 These changes also make the already unrecognizable GTO even more anonymous.
Second you there.
I think Polo has to be the most facelifted model in the history of facelifts.

For this reason I dont feel bad for such a brilliant car not having sales. They take the indian market for granted.
adhd92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 07:07   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

GTi inspired face-lift Polo's and Vento's reach dealerships. Launching soon.

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-2019volkswagenpoloventospiedundisguisedlaunch2.jpg

Quote:
Cosmetic changes include front and rear revisions. There’s also the rear black diffuser. The revisions look like borrowed bits from the high-performance limited edition Volkswagen GTI hatchback that was launched back in 2017. The alloy wheels in grey are matched with black bolts, something that was seen in the GTI.

Apart from the cosmetic changes, the two cars will also be updated with mandatory safety features under AIS 145 norms, which include speed alarm, rear parking sensors, seat belt warning, airbags.
The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-2019volkswagenpoloventospiedundisguisedlaunch1.jpg

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-2019volkswagenpoloventospiedundisguisedlaunch3.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th June 2019 at 07:19.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 14:24   #64
BHPian

What do you do with couple of timeless design cars that you cannot give a drastic makeover every 2/3 years? Do millions of minor cosmetic changes in short intervals. Sounds perfectly ok to me if you want the PR and media ticking (and extend the product lifecycle).
Old 26th June 2019, 14:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

VW introduces all new GTI-inspired Polo at 5.xx lakhs:

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-c4503b80f2c34b04841f163907fcfd55.jpeg

GTI owners (who've paid 4x price) be like:

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 3942
Size:  555.4 KB

Last edited by self_driven : 26th June 2019 at 14:54.
self_driven is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 16:13   #66

There is a saying in Kannda called "Mudukige Singara" which translates to "Make up for a Old Woman"

Until they bring in their next generation models, this is the only way they can survive.
robindsouza82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 17:01   #67
BHPian

I think the folks who Scoop out update info on Polo and Vento should be given awards for having crazy attention for details.

For Polo, VW expects people to put in money for a cramped Hatch just because it has that fancy DSG. why not bring in the new Polo that has better leg room and would be a perfect premium Hatch?

For Vento, the competition has had so many changes in design, engines and features, and here is Vento, looking more or less the same with some creases changed here and there.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 17:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
For Vento, the competition has had so many changes in design, engines and features, and here is Vento, looking more or less the same with some creases changed here and there.
At least they are doing fine with engine changes. I have lost track of engines in polo/vento since it has been changed so many times. In fact its the competition that is changing the car completely and keeping the same engines. Be it SX4/Ciaz, Verna Fluidic/New Verna, City.

Keeping us deprived of more spacious and new designs are not going to help VW India. Buyers in this age of internet care about product lifecycles and know the difference between actual "all new" and facelifted "all new".
Old 26th June 2019, 17:35   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

While the new models would be very welcome, Kudos to VW for managing to keep the Polo and Vento running with reasonable numbers. Polo on an average still clocks 1500 units a month and the Vento 500-700 a month. These are still better than some of the recent high profile 'new' launches like the Figo, Jazz and even the Yaris.

So not a bad idea to not tinker with something that is still doing well and keep enhancing through these minor changes that don't mess with the overall 'timeless' appeal as we all call it.
Rajeevraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 17:48   #70
BHPian

Honestly, this has now become laughable. I cannot remember any other product that has been dragged on for so long without any sort of major overhaul happening to its looks.
Agreed the car has that 'timeless' design, but that doesn't mean you keep milking it forever.

The all-new version is already on sale elsewhere, why not bring it to India?

This is where I have ample respect for Hyundai. They keep refreshing their lineup every 3 years, irrespective of it being a hot seller or a dud.
Eg. Creta was sitting pretty with ~10k copies being sold each month. If it were any other manufacturer, they would've simply preferred to sit on their behind with hands crossed.
Same case for i20.

Some people never learn, sigh!
Attached Images

McLaren Roxx is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 18:57   #71
BHPian

I think VW takes Team-BHP feedback and comments very seriously. All those remarks about this being a timeless design are taken very seriously... It is here to stay.
naikameya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 20:44   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post

The all-new version is already on sale elsewhere, why not bring it to India?
Is it because the new car will breach the 4 meter barrier to attract higher GST? Probably that will take it to 15+ car (on-road) and there won't be many takers.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 21:02   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Is it because the new car will breach the 4 meter barrier to attract higher GST? Probably that will take it to 15+ car (on-road) and there won't be many takers.
By 53 some millimetres. I am sure the can shave off a little here & a little there to give it the magical 3999 mm number.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 21:49   #74
BHPian

It'd have been nice if they had plonked in the 1.4/1.5 TSI with 150 horses and 6MT to match the show. I'd pick such a car over all the bland new ones in the market.
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 22:04   #75
BHPian

All these changes (front bumper, grille etc) are available on local classifieds / accessory shops

Most Viewed