Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2020, 13:50   #241
BHPian

Re: The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Vento BS6 comes with a 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine only. It’s offered in four variants: Trendline, Comfortline Plus, Highline and Highline Plus.
It’s offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter.

Attachment 1999753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
......What exactly happened here?
I guess the price is kept with the competition in mind too. As of now only Hyundai Verna comes with the turbo petrol engine and that too on the top end only.

Also, how is that the comfortline plus and highline have the same price i.e. 9.99L? I don't see a brochure on the Volkswagen website to figure out variant distribution details.
Old 28th April 2020, 14:49   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
The Highline comes with an option of manual or auto in TSI. But on the GT page it just says a manual TSI. The power is also same as that of Highline, which is why it is very difficult to understand why they are charging an extra 1.5 lacs for the GT version?

Attachment 1999761
The VW india website is screwed up. Brochure says no AT for highline plus and GT but price list say otherwise. At this point I think its better to go by pricelist, highline plus will be available in MT/AT. GT I presume will get better seats, stickers/contrast roof,and may be few other additional features. But for sure GT petrol will come with AT given the pricing.
Old 28th April 2020, 16:00   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
The VW india website is screwed up. Brochure says no AT for highline plus and GT but price list say otherwise. At this point I think its better to go by pricelist, highline plus will be available in MT/AT. GT I presume will get better seats, stickers/contrast roof,and may be few other additional features. But for sure GT petrol will come with AT given the pricing.
I believe the same, the website currently has incorrect information, they are updating it in parts.

In the last week only brochure was available but GT page was down. Now GT page is up but it mentions only about Manual variant.

I think Polo GT without AT variant doesn't make sense, as it was their highest selling model. Hope after lockdown lifted we will get correct details.
Old 28th April 2020, 16:55   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Volkswagen Vento BS6 Variant-Wise Prices Revealed:

Attachment 1999757

The Vento BS6 comes with a 1.0-litre TSI petrol engine only. It’s offered in four variants: Trendline, Comfortline Plus, Highline and Highline Plus.
It’s offered with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed torque converter.

Attachment 1999753

Link
How can Comfortline Plus & Highline both priced at 10 Lakhs?

VW is famous for playing around with engines & now with pricing as well

Last edited by karan0009 : 28th April 2020 at 16:56. Reason: Spelling
Old 28th April 2020, 20:28   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

I agree it does look like a screw up on their part. But at a time like this, when most companies are moving to online bookings and virtual showrooms, making such blunders on their website is highly stupid on part of VW. At times like this, when going digital has become a way to go for everything, companies should take even more care before updating details on their website.

Even if they provide better seats and contrast sunroof it still won't justify a premium off 1.5 lacs if its a manual, however if its an auto like Highline then I think 50k is reasonable for the GT badging and some exclusive features.
Old 29th April 2020, 15:30   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
On the plus side though, the advantages of having a VW Polo of any year in India, which overall, is unchanged, are plenty. Provided one has the spare cash and passion/inclination (which most VW fans have), the augmentations to the VW Polo are literally unlimited :

- Changing rear light assembly to LED/Euro spec
- Changing steering wheel with paddle shifters (TSi only)
- Changing seats to tartan spec
- Middle arm-rest with cup-holder
- Illumination control
- Tons of tweaking/modding the ECU
- Bilstein/Sachs/Eibach/Koni and other rock-hard suspension upgrades

All these could be done in n numbers of permutation/combinations to appear/perform like any spec of Polo within the past decade. Truly the car equivalent of an unlocked bootloader Android phone. Keeps the looks fresh and the itch for upgrade away, this is the core reason why the Polo sustains its numbers.
What about replacing the front and rear bumpers? I hear that pre 2013 cars can’t have their tail lights changed because of some wiring issue. But the current bumpers look better than the original polos imo.
Old 30th April 2020, 20:43   #247
BHPian

As per Autocar as well, there will be no auto variant of GT and it will be a manual only now.

"For the premium, the Polo GT gets all the features and safety kit available on the Highline Plus, but adds a larger rear spoiler, blacked-out outside rearview mirrors, a black contrast roof, GT badges on the grille and tailgate, and a decal on the C-pillar. The interior of the VW Polo GT is near-identical to the Highline Plus, but we expect silver scuff plates on the door sill (with GT embossing) to be on offer.

In all, the premium you’ll pay for the VW Polo GT over the Highline Plus may not seem worth it, but only when we see the cars in the flesh (and drive them) will we know for sure. Stay tuned."

Link

As they also said, these features will in no way justify the 1.5 lac premium they are charging over Highline Plus. Don't know how is VW planning to make it work.
Old 2nd May 2020, 17:55   #248
BHPian

I have been in touch with a salesperson of the VW dealer in Chennai. According to the information that they sent me, Polo GT only comes with an automatic TC. Differences are black interiors, ORVM, spoiler, GT badging, GT door sills, aluminium pedals. On road price difference is ₹53000.

Highline plus comes in both MT and AT. And there the difference is ₹1.25 lacs.
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:01   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I have been in touch with a salesperson of the VW dealer in Chennai. According to the information that they sent me, Polo GT only comes with an automatic TC. Differences are black interiors, ORVM, spoiler, GT badging, GT door sills, aluminium pedals. On road price difference is ₹53000.

Highline plus comes in both MT and AT. And there the difference is ₹1.25 lacs.
In such a case can he explain this as seen in their portal?

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-qw.png
Old 2nd May 2020, 21:26   #250
BHPian

Quote:
In such a case can he explain this as seen in their portal?

Attachment 2001266
I spoke to the salesperson. He said that highline plus comes in MT and AT while GT only comes in AT. And this is the variant list that I got from the dealer.

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-img20200416wa0004.jpg

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd May 2020 at 23:08.
professor.march is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 01:48   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I spoke to the salesperson. He said that highline plus comes in MT and AT while GT only comes in AT. And this is the variant list that I got from the dealer.

Attachment 2001316
This definitely makes more sense and the price diff of 53k is justifiable but that’s a really major blunder in part of VW to show GT only as a manual on their website. Even major car review sites like Autocar are saying that it only comes in a manual.
Old 6th May 2020, 00:05   #252
BHPian

Finally Volkswagen India has updated their Polo GT website with correct information. Now it rightly shows the transmission as 6-speed automatic.

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/polo-gt.html

Engine
1L TSI
Power
110PS (81kw) @ 5000-5500rpm
Torque
175Nm @ 1750 - 4000rpm
Transmission
6-Speed Automatic

This confirms that, GT will be available in Automatic guise only, no Manual GT for now.

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-pologt_at.png

Last edited by bblost : 6th May 2020 at 01:11.
RaceHorse is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 07:27   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
This confirms that, GT will be available in Automatic guise only, no Manual GT for now.
Interesting! wonder what is the difference between the Highline Plus and the GT? From the website it looks like the only difference is the AT box (at an additional 1.5 lakhs ex.showroom).
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 11:11   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Interesting! wonder what is the difference between the Highline Plus and the GT?
The brochure is not updated but GT will probably get ESP, hill hold assist and some paint/sticker job to differentiate from the Highline Plus AT.
7000plusrpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 16:16   #255
BHPian

Volkswagen is so terrible at updating their website. It took them days to update details of the tsi engine in Polo highline plus. Even though the TSI engine is the biggest feature of the car and that it's available with a manual.

I already have a Polo in the family. And that TSI engine was enough to make me book Polo again without even test driving it. (I am yet to decide between altroz and Polo though)
professor.march is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks