Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:05   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
I think this will be the last facelift for the Polo Vento before the all-new model comes after the T-Cross launch.
Not too sure, the next GEN. Vento (Virtus) is speculated to debut only in 2022.
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
The new Polo is 4053mm, bigger than the 4m tax exemption limit. That really screwed up for Volkswagen in India.
I dont think that is the primary reason , its easy to make a 'Made for India' model like every other Manufacturer does .
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:16   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
The new Polo is 4053mm, bigger than the 4m tax exemption limit. That really screwed up for Volkswagen in India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I dont think that is the primary reason , its easy to make a 'Made for India' model like every other Manufacturer does .
VW Polo for India is not ruled out, but that segment is not on priority. Will come after the C/SUV's and Sedan launches.
Old 3rd April 2019, 10:34   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW Polo for India is not ruled out, but that segment is not on priority. Will come after the C/SUV's and Sedan launches.

I believe the new Polo will come to India only if the sub-4m rule is scrapped. This was communicated personally by a top VW India official, in fact when the global VW chief came down to India to meet our Prime Minister, I believe one of the questions were "When are you going to take down the sub-4m tax rule?".

The MQB A0 is spawning cars only in the INR 10 lakh+ category, there is no plan to use it for a smaller vehicle, at least for the VW brand. Current Polo, as it is widely reported, will get a facelift and feature update to meet the BS6 mandate and the GT TSI will get more visual differentiation.
notjustshrawan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:26   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics of the Vento Face-lift, speculated to come in late 2019.

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-volkwagenvento2019alloywheels.jpg

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-volkwagenvento2019rear.jpg

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-volkwagenvento2019tailights.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 16:56   #36
BHPian

Quote:
More pics of the Vento Face-lift, speculated to come in late 2019.
I'm a bit confused. So... any news on if we're expecting a facelift or was this for the Black & White editions that VW launched last month?
kubectl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 18:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the current lot has Crash-test clearance as of now. So the cars they are testing will be the updated ones and should come out mostly this year itself.
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 19:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
I'm a bit confused. So... any news on if we're expecting a facelift or was this for the Black & White editions that VW launched last month?
It's like keeping up with the Kardashians when it comes to VW facelifts. I'm assuming this is the one to follow the Black and White edition.
McLaren Rulez is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 15:18   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
I dont think the current lot has Crash-test clearance as of now. So the cars they are testing will be the updated ones and should come out mostly this year itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
It's like keeping up with the Kardashians when it comes to VW facelifts. I'm assuming this is the one to follow the Black and White edition.
Thanks for the replies

I just called their sales folks asking about this and they said they don't have anything planned for Vento right now.

However, upon more digging, they said they're working on a new Jetta model for next year. Like, wait, what? It could be the Virtus coming as the new Jetta. Great to hear it from the horse's mouth though
Old 13th May 2019, 15:31   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Expected to launch mid 2019, VW Polo spied testing in Pune.

The 2019 VW Polo and Vento facelifts, now launched-1.jpg

Quote:
the rear bumper looks similar to the one seen on the Polo GTI. The spied hatchback also sports the GTI’s LED tail lamps
Quote:
It gets slightly redesigned bumpers, headlights and tail lamps.

Expect the facelifted Polo to get updated BS6 engines. - 1.0L TSI ?

•While it is not clear yet, VW might decide to not update the 1.5-litre diesel.

•The Vento will also receive similar updates and is expected to be launched along with the facelifted Polo.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th May 2019 at 15:34.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 17:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Expected to launch mid 2019, VW Polo spied testing in Pune.
Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

One of the things that I've been repeatedly told by VW dealers is that Polo is going to get a rear view camera in this facelift. However, all of them denied Vento getting any facelift in the near future; time will tell.

Do you happen to have any scoop on the timeframe when this facelift is expected to arrive? We're almost at mid 2019, and I'm wondering if I should stall my purchase for a couple of months and wait for the facelift, or simply go for it.
Old 15th May 2019, 08:31   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you happen to have any scoop on the timeframe when this facelift is expected to arrive? We're almost at mid 2019, and I'm wondering if I should stall my purchase for a couple of months and wait for the facelift, or simply go for it.
If you are looking at the diesel variant go for it.

But if it the petrol variant suggest you wait as the launch could happen in Sept-Oct. time frame. ( there should be the BSVI compliant engine)
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 09:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
If you are looking at the diesel variant go for it.

But if it the petrol variant suggest you wait as the launch could happen in Sept-Oct. time frame. ( there should be the BSVI compliant engine)
Great, that makes sense. However, if they replace this 1.2 4 cylinder with a 1.0 3 cylinder, that too to meet BS6 norms, I'm scared of it being not as performing as the current engine.

The 1.0 TSI on Golf is not bad really, but I'm not sure what BS6 does to the performance. Thoughts?
Old 15th May 2019, 09:54   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The 1.0 TSI on Golf is not bad really, but I'm not sure what BS6 does to the performance. Thoughts?
Reviews points out to be a great engine -1.0L TSI, 94bhp engine with its five-speed manual in T Cross.

Autocar(UK):

Quote:
T-Cross strikes the same mature and rounded impression on UK roads as it did earlier, too, and while its driving experience is a little less vigorous for the inclusion of the 94bhp 1.0 TSI engine, it’s not one that seems particularly slow or frustrating.
Quote:
The 1.0-litre engine is just vocal enough when it’s working hard that you won’t confuse it for a four-pot, but it seems generally smooth and well-mannered at cruising revs.
It feels a little bit laggy when picking up from below 2000rpm (a problem exacerbated by the longer intermediate gears of the five-speed gearbox) but responds well from there on upwards and gives the car a performance level somewhere between adequate and ample. Driveability is generally good, and the engine will spin up to 6000rpm for overtaking quite freely and without protesting too hard.
Not influencing to buy the T Cross, but the below review too is of the 1.0LTSI engine.

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 11:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Reviews points out to be a great engine -1.0L TSI, 94bhp engine with its five-speed manual in T Cross.
This is very informative, thanks for sharing! There's always something round the corner with Volkswagen cars, never a right time to buy them
kubectl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks