Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:43   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If so, please add the following too in the list:
Nano, Eon, Santro, i10s, Tiago, Go, Go+, Brio, Micra... I don't think they will fare any better than the above.
Nano, Eon, Santro, Go/Go+, Brio - Absolutely Yes. (Although Nano, Brio & EON are not really sold anymore so redundant.)

i10 - Borderline!

Tiago, Micra - Not really.

To clarify, my point is not based on just sheet metal thickness etc. Overall build quality, refinement, engine & gearbox capability, high speed stability, wheel-tyre specifications, brakes, space inside & safety features. All included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Well, Maruti is wrong in calling this as SUV. But I don’t blame MS when every Manufacturer is doing it? Is it right to call XUV300, Brezza, Seltos, Creta, Ecosport, etc as SUVs? I think the term “SUV” should not be abused.
I agree that these aren't "SUV"s in true sense. But then what do we call an EcoSport, XUV300 or a Brezza? "Large Hatchback"? At least they tick some boxes of an SUV - really noticeable tall seating position, high ground clearance, large wheels, significantly more powerful engines compared to the segment below (Except the Brezza), good cabin & boot space. SPresso only has a high bonnet pretty much. It can at least be called a hatchback and nobody will have a problem with that. Call a Brezza a hatchback & it just doesn't feel like one does it? Its a bit of a necessity to call these "SC-SUVs" because there is no other category to name them properly with.

Well then - SUV is just a term. As much as I dislike the S-Presso, I don't have a specific issue with Maruti calling it an "SUV". The term doesn't have a registered definition anyway. Purely based on how people use it. People should be smart enough to know what the car's capabilities are. As long as that's the case, Maruti is entitled to call it whatever they please. If people aren't smart enough, Maruti isn't really to blame if they buy it thinking its a small LR Defender.

Last edited by SDP : 3rd October 2019 at 16:19. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 17:33   #467
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

To be honest, the finished product is a far cry from the funky concept presented! I fail to understand why Maruti does this. The Brezza too was a victim to this and was heavily watered down on the final product that rolled out of the plant.

This is done to work design and costing in parallel. Being an architect, I understand this philosophy! However, not by completely botching the concept and selling a different face altogether.

The Renault Kwid facelift looks gorgeous in comparison to this! Hope the facelift of the car is closer to its concept. Fingers crossed!
advenk999 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:53   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

S Presso in White:

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-71268530_506301860167742_6194923925667840000_o.jpg

Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 07:28   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
S Presso in White:

Attachment 1920145
I was wondering how will this look if all the black areas on bumper and other places on lower half of car, barring a few, is painted in white? Requesting Photoshop experts to please do the needful. This idea may not look good on other body colors but let's see how it is on a white car.
Old 4th October 2019, 07:52   #470
Sac
BHPian

You know what I really dread? This not doing well and I end up seeing this doodle on wheels coming to pick me up on Uber and Ola.
Sac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 07:59   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

S Presso on Road - Head turner in what ever sense you take it!

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-6.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-1.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-2.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-5.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-3.jpg

Source:Media drive

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th October 2019 at 08:01.
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 08:50   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I agree that these aren't "SUV"s in true sense. But then what do we call an EcoSport, XUV300 or a Brezza? "Large Hatchback"? At least they tick some boxes of an SUV
They should be called exactly what they are - Crossovers. They have a body style like an SUV but the build and capabilities of a large hatch.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th October 2019 at 11:45. Reason: Typo.
niteshbids is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 10:17   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
They should be called exactly what they are - Crossovers. They have a body style like an SUV but buily and capabilities of a large hatch.
Well that again is quite a very wide ranging word. Remember, the BMW X6, Aria, Hexa, XUV500 and so on, are cross-overs too. Looks odd when we define the Brezza as a cross-over too. Anyway - this is something that doesn't have an end. Back to the topic from me.

The front of the S-Presso isn't all bad. Well finished for the price (Only talking of looks. Nothing else.) Just that rest of the vehicle seems to be designed by a different team altogether. There is a sudden drop in imagination and execution. It reminds me of the "Whistler's Mother" after Mr. Bean tries to restore it in the movie in that aspect. Why could they not complete it with some taste. I can understand the need to not do it too well to ensure the sales of segment above. But still...
Old 4th October 2019, 11:04   #474
Senior - BHPian

I never thought I would say this, but the rear needs more chrome ! Looks too plain compared to the front.

Surprised to see it being as tall as the brezza Looks like this will take Old Wagon R's place of practical 5 seat people mover.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 16:15   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Presso on Road - Head turner in what ever sense you take it!
Probably will be torn apart for saying this, but this looks good in a weird kind of way. Definitely will find enough takers.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 19:44   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0026.jpg

Courtesy Instagram

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0025.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0024.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0023.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0022.jpg

Base model, courtesy BHPian Deepblue

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th October 2019 at 23:28. Reason: As requested
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 19:49   #477

Took a small test drive of the vehicle today evening. Drove around 1.5 kms & noticed the following:

1) Gear lever is placed somewhat oddly. If one drives having his/her seat forwarded, he/she will have to move his/her hand quite a lot back to shift the gears.

2) The gap between the bumper (plastic of-course) & the engine is very less, thus making the engine damage almost assured in case of a slightly powerful frontal impact.

3) The AC is really really cool & I mean it. On full blast, it just chilled the cabin in less than a minute, with only me. What I understand is that it'll do it's job for a full 5 seated occupancy in probably less than 5 minutes.

4) The seats are not that comfortable, but the rear seat leg space is good enough.

5) The driving stance is great. It gives a confident looking stance & makes one feel in control.

6) Cannot comment on the power of the vehicle but can expect it to be moderately sufficient for the city driving.

7) Another concern was the suspension. I felt it to be somewhat shabby, but may be wrong. It didn't bumped on the potholes, but didn't gave much of a comfort either.

All in all, not such a bad car for the city driving & once a while outing populace. However, those who love BHP'ed vehicles, will surely stay away. Others will go ahead for the aggressive pricing it is presented with.
rupak.choudhury is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 20:25   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The front of the S-Presso isn't all bad. Well finished for the price (Only talking of looks. Nothing else.) Just that rest of the vehicle seems to be designed by a different team altogether. There is a sudden drop in imagination and execution.
I echo your view on the front look. Front is not bad at all. Rear looks okay, but side profile looks disproportionate at the rear. Rear wheel well and the bumper looks odd to me when you look at from the side.

However, there will be lot of takers for this mini SUV (as called out by Maurti )
Old 4th October 2019, 21:54   #479
Senior - BHPian

Had this contraption come from any other car maker, it wouldn't have generated as much interest to go 32 pages long. The side profile is absolute junk and reminds me of how the Dolphin or Sipani looked some time in the late eighties and early nineties. I wish this car fails big time and teaches India's largest car maker a strong lesson. The toons from the movie Cars had more character than this. For one this contraption definitely brings out strong reactions. Shows Maruti's absolute lack of taste.
Durango Dude is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th October 2019, 22:50   #480
Distinguished - BHPian

S-Presso with Alloy wheels
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-img_20191004_224644.jpg

Spotted next to real SUV
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-img20191004wa0093.jpg

Source: whatsapp

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th October 2019 at 22:55.
Dr.Naren is offline   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks