Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2019, 10:22   #571
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

The more I see this car, the more I wonder where does Suzuki get their designers... and in India if it's Maruti it will sell as they have built a reputation of cheap, high mileage and no fuss cars.

Servicing a Maruti is not cheap in any ways. We enlightened can get away with unnecessary expenses, but they make a shit load of money from the first time car buyers and rural folks.

Heck my Linea, used to cost me half the service cost of a S cross

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th October 2019 at 11:59. Reason: Spacing and formatting
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 10:34   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I found many people laughing when they looked at the box on wheels.
Yes, people must really be happy, with all this economic slow down and stuff, to actually look at a car and laugh.

By the way, did you really travel in a t-board Spresso? Sorry for asking, because I don't really understand why a taxi operator would buy a petrol Spresso, without much of a boot space, to operate on a rather long 150 km journey.

An indica diesel costs the same as the top end Spresso, and would make more sense as a tour operator than this "box on wheels".
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 10:43   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Couldn't resist from posting this. It looks like this after the paint job . Glad they decided to go with the black bumper.

Sorry for the OT.

Attachment 1922883
Honest question. Is this a Mod-Job or a Accidental car?
Old 17th October 2019, 10:46   #574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Honest question. Is this a Mod-Job or a Accidental car?
It's a mod job. It was featured on teambhp before, obviously in the weird and wacky mods thread.
Old 17th October 2019, 10:47   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Yes, people must really be happy, with all this economic slow down and stuff, to actually look at a car and laugh.

By the way, did you really travel in a t-board Spresso? Sorry for asking, because I don't really understand why a taxi operator would buy a petrol Spresso, without much of a boot space, to operate on a rather long 150 km journey.

An indica diesel costs the same as the top end Spresso, and would make more sense as a tour operator than this "box on wheels".
I don't know where else, but here in Bangalore quite a lot of uber ola folks have bought Kwid/EOn and Celerio. Have seen quite a few of them in Bangalore Mysore highway as well. I wouldn't be surprised if SPresso makes an entry in this space.
Old 17th October 2019, 11:09   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
The Indica was discontinued quiet a while ago & can't be purchased "new" anymore. Only pre-owned can be put to service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I don't know where else, but here in Bangalore quite a lot of uber ola folks have bought Kwid/EOn and Celerio. Have seen quite a few of them in Bangalore Mysore highway as well. I wouldn't be surprised if SPresso makes an entry in this space.
Kwid I don't know but the Celerios/Eons/i10s etc in fleet service are CNG cars. Celerio and previous gen WagonR are the favourite as they come with factory fit CNG kits in their "Tour" avatar for cabs. Celerio I think makes a better case for itself in the fleet world. Its a simpler car, spacious & no nonsense. A good work-horse like the Indica was. But then of course - we see a lot of KUV100s in UBER/OLA duties. Won't be a surprise if we see SPresso too. At least we can be certain that the SPresso will have a balanced ride. KUV100 really loosens up all joints and ligaments in the body. Its an amusement park ride for those on budget!

Last edited by Reinhard : 17th October 2019 at 11:23.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 11:13   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't resist from posting this. It looks like this after the paint job . Glad they decided to go with the black bumper.

Sorry for the OT.
I'm sorry but did the scorpio eat a civic?
nikhilthegunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 11:29   #578
BANNED

Quote:
Couldn't resist from posting this.
It's good that the govt has now prohibited vehicle modification. This Scorpio may be one reason for that decision.

Coming back to the S-Presso design:

Many won't like it, but there is no need that all designs from a manufacturer should be similar and to have a "please-all" nature. Some customers like the over-done quirky things just like this Scorpio. So, the manufacturers has to cater to all types of customers.

Maruti has the boring-looking cramped Alto, plain-jane but spacious Celerio, quirky Ignis, sporty Swift and matured and spacious WagonR and Baleno. So, S-Presso gives another "dimension" to this line-up.

Last edited by SDP : 17th October 2019 at 11:56. Reason: WR -> WagonR
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 12:02   #579
BHPian

I tend to read the s-Presso slogan "live it up" as "live with it" , the ugly looks of course !
Old 17th October 2019, 12:32   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Many won't like it, but there is no need that all designs from a manufacturer should be similar and to have a "please-all" nature. Some customers like the over-done quirky things just like this Scorpio. So, the manufacturers has to cater to all types of customers.

Maruti has the boring-looking cramped Alto, plain-jane but spacious Celerio, quirky Ignis, sporty Swift and matured and spacious WagonR and Baleno. So, S-Presso gives another "dimension" to this line-up.
Can't agree more mate. When people get same looking cars, people say where are the designers? Have they lost it? Why same looking cars? Why they copy from others? And when someone gives something new altogether, people start saying what is this? It doesn't look like normal design.

Tata started sub 4 meter segment with Indigo CS, almost all criticized it. They couldn't do great with it is different story, but Maruti & others launched similar models and did great business. Now we see almost all car companies are trying to get sub 4 meter cars & getting handsome returns out of it.

Good that Maruti is trying something new. Sure they will get success.

Last edited by aniketi : 17th October 2019 at 12:47.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 12:34   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw 2 S-Presso s being unloaded from transport truck at the MyCar showroom at Wakad, Pune NH48. One Orange & the other in Blue. One thing for sure - in good daylight, these colours are VIBRANT. One can't miss them & owners will surely get the pleasure of people taking notice and turning to see what went by.

The shade of blue reminded me of the typical government hospital / school walls I saw during childhood. However - I liked it anyway due to its vibrant appeal. The black contrasts were working very well too. If one wants a stand out car to get attention, S-Presso sure has the colours to achieve that. College folks - here's one car for you!
Old 17th October 2019, 23:02   #582
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Please clarify: S-presso is used as a taxi? You were in that taxi? Or was that your driver's comments? Saw a dozen S-pressos already in a 150km drive! Really? Or you were confused with Spresso, Brezza, maximos and Jeetos?
I was in a Spresso Taxi (private number) and I saw nearly a dozen Spresso in the 4hours spent from Rudrapur railway station to our customer and back. I am sorry if I offended you in any way but I saw Spresso only.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 00:12   #583
BHPian

Everyone on how S-Presso looks:

Me :

It looks like an angry bulldog puppy to me. How can you hate a bulldog pup?
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-images-20191018t000730.137.jpg

Maybe something is not right with me, I just don't hate any car and definitely not just for it's looks, apart from some legendary examples from our weird and wacky thread. That said I have owned cars that are generally perceived as ugly, Mahindra Xylo (Panda) and Verito (Raccoon).

So, no offense but I don't find S-Presso ugly too, it's just a little bulldog running around, why all the hate

My Mahindra Xylo (mHawk),
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191017235740__01.jpg

and the Verito.
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-screenshot_20191018000410__01.jpg

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th October 2019 at 11:58. Reason: Only TWO emoticons are permitted per post. Please read the Announcements carefully before proceeding
wrongturn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 00:21   #584
Senior - BHPian

Kwid : Superior looks and bling equipment list.

S-presso : Mechanically superior, reliable work horse.

Makes me think some of us might be posers wearing enthusiast mask.

Kwid is a game changer no doubt, BUT I would prefer the K series engine.
giri1.8 is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 07:23   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Makes me think some of us might be posers wearing enthusiast mask
"Enthusiast" tag is a self proclaimed expression of a car lover's peer pressure.

It surprises me to see how far some people can go to prove themselves as "enthusiasts" to others, so far that buying unreliable cars that they don't even like, becomes ok.

Anyways, to each his own.

I would also prefer the K series over that Sce engine

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th October 2019 at 11:57. Reason: Formatting quoted post
PrasannaDhana is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks