Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2019, 13:10   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Of course, the Official Review will come! This is just a small teaser, while we are (currently) driving & shooting the S-Presso.
One thing I noticed is - the car parked on the e-highway shoulder, lacks any TBHP sticker on the bumper! That's almost criminal!! Safe to assume these pictures are taken much before "official" photo-shoots started.

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th November 2019 at 13:13.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 14:12   #707
BHPian

Quote:
[b][center]
• It’s stuck in that right turn position only . I had to manually straighten it. My antique Mahindra Jeep steering needs the same straightening after a turn. I’ve not driven any modern car that behaves like this.
I remember feeling the same when I test drove the Ignis and Swift ( 2018 ). Not sure if only the TD cars behaved as such or that is the new norm for Maruti vehicles
Sk8r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 14:35   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
One thing I noticed is - the car parked on the e-highway shoulder, lacks any TBHP sticker on the bumper! That's almost criminal!! Safe to assume these pictures are taken much before "official" photo-shoots started.
I've read somewhere on TBHP that the stickers are photoshopped after reviews. They aren't stuck on the vehicles as such.

Mods can correct me if I'm wrong.
Prodigy07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 14:39   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I've read somewhere on TBHP that the stickers are photoshopped after reviews. They aren't stuck on the vehicles as such.
Mods can correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep, I have read / thought so too. But I think the sticker is pasted, number plate mask is photo-shopped. One thing for sure - the image editor is now spared of masking the registration number in all those images.

GTO gave away the number plate! HR26EC9076
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 14:48   #710
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I've read somewhere on TBHP that the stickers are photoshopped after reviews.
Stickers are never photo-shopped!

The Team-BHP number plates are .
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 15:58   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b][center]Maruti S-Presso : Short Review

Excellent engine! Peppy, good driveability, revv-happy & fuel efficient. A jewel among the 1.0 litre motors. Makes the S-Presso quite lively to drive. Of course, the feather light kerb weight also helps. Motor feels tractable in the city. It’s got a practical state of tune. Redline happy – I enjoyed taking it to 83 km/h in 2nd & 122 km/h in 3rd.

• The S-Presso is awesome in its natural habitat = the city. Its narrow width + tall seating + good low end + peppy engine make it easy to dart in and out of traffic.
Thanks for the short and sweet preview.

I have one doubt regarding the K10 engine - has it been reworked for S-Presso, compared to the earlier cars like Celerio ?

I have driven my brother-in-law's CelerioX and I found the low end to be pathetic (compared to my i10 1.1L irde, which is the king of low end).

Other than the poor low end, the engine was otherwise enjoyable (once the car gets moving).

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 16:45   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti S-Presso : Short Review
I think i spotted you at Dadar near Plaza theater. It was you? I was on my bike and this orange car zoomed past me. The car was HR passing and had Team-BHP sticker. Now i came to know it was you and car is S-Presso. Honestly my first impression was like it is Mahindra Electric car. As you rightly said it does look like Mahindra Reva from some angle. The car is fit for city ride and perfect for those who have just started to earn.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2019 at 16:54. Reason: Quote tag
sandeepsc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 16:55   #713
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I have one doubt regarding the K10 engine - has it been reworked for S-Presso, compared to the earlier cars like Celerio ?
Agree with you. In the S-Presso, the low end feels far better than in other cars with this engine. Yes, it has been retuned, reworked (including for BS6) and re-geared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
I think i spotted you at Dadar near Plaza theater. It was you? I was on my bike and this orange car zoomed past me. The car was HR passing and had Team-BHP sticker.
With Team-BHP sticker = Blackwasp.

Before / without Team-BHP sticker = Me.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 18:29   #714

The teaser itself had pleanty of details in. Waiting for the minute 'Team - BHP' detailing though.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th November 2019 at 19:45. Reason: Typo.
swaroopsankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 20:05   #715
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO! The more info I get about the car, the more I feel that this car shouldn't even be on roads. With the steering behaviour, the horrible ride and handling balance, light weight and peppy engine, buying a car is like signing the devils contract. Where you get android auto, AC, speakers, etc but the devil may come anytime to collect his debt.

Imagine loaning this car to a friend with that steering behaviour.

I may be biased against this car, but then, GTO has already mentioned how the looks have polarized the population
2000rpm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 20:22   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Of course, the Official Review will come! This is just a small teaser, while we are (currently) driving & shooting the S-Presso.
Thanks for the awesome review! Even though it's just a teaser, it seems far more detailed than all the other reviews I have read till now!

Now that you have extensively driven both, the S-presso and the WagonR, I have one question for you. Do you think it is worth spending 60K more than the top of the line, manual S-presso to get the WagonR VXI 1.0?
Do you think the WagonR is worth the difference in terms of comfort, ride quality, rear seat space and dynamics at 80 Kmph? Also, does the WagonR feel significantly larger in terms of the exterior dimensions?

Thanks
Sanidhya
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 20:31   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Also, does the WagonR feel significantly larger in terms of the exterior dimensions?

Thanks
Sanidhya
I can't answer the other questions as I havn't driven any of the cars but I can answer about the dimension part. We have one in our office. The car is big from any hatchback standard. It is borderline massive. Even the road presence is more MPVish than hatchback.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 20:45   #718
BHPian

I don't understand what is wrong with Maruti when it comes to tuning the steering these days!
We had the first generation Dzire and it had a lovely steering. It used to self-center quickly and offered fantastic feel and feedback.
Now we have the 3rd gen Dzire and it just sucks! It doesn't self center at slow speeds and feels like a 'PlayStation steering wheel' as my dad likes to call it.
Again coming back to the S Presso, it's not as bad as I thought but I would still pick the Kwid because of the ride quality and looks.

Last edited by Nazaar25 : 15th November 2019 at 20:49.
Nazaar25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 20:56   #719
BHPian

A real nice and crisp review. Hats off to your precision parking skills GTO!! The gap between your wall and the S-Presso must be in millimetres forget inches!
alokn87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 21:04   #720
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the quick review @GTO. I drove the Espresso to fit the registration plates at the showroom which is on the highway. One thing that I really loved about the car is just how quick it is to reach 80 kmph. The engine is butter smooth and in-gear acceleration is achieved without any fuss. The ride quality as I suspected was a bit harsh due to the over-inflated tyres, but it didn't improve much even after reducing it to the recommended 32 psi (which I feel is on a higher side). The ride can be compared to a Honda Activa. Strangely, I did not experience the car shaking at idle today as I mentioned in my earlier post, maybe the engine was cold the other day.

The more I see the car, the more I am starting to like the way it looks Except for the rear, which is so narrow, it looks like a train's bogey with skinny wheels.

Also, one thing prospective buyers will have to keep in mind is the accessories are priced on a little higher side as Maruti anticipates most buyers will fit some bits considering the bare-bones car looks too basic. The side mouldings cost 2890 on the Espresso while it costs a little less for the Ertiga ! The chrome bits on the front grille cost a cool 5000 rupees ! The DRLs are mere show which cost 10k Rupees while the reversing light is just one. We have fitted a rear camera which does not light up evenly in the dark due to this ! Also, strangely Maruti's official reverse camera accessory does not have static guide-lines, although the resolution is very good. I thought that would be default setting but anyway, not a big deal on this small car as it is too narrow to have a bad judgement while reversing.
NiInJa is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks