Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2019, 18:06   #136
BHPian

re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

The future S concept was very different from this! Maruti should learn a thing or two from Renault when it comes to designing and packaging of small cars.
Old 7th September 2019, 18:29   #137
BHPian

I think Team BHP junta had very high hopes design wise vis a vis the Future S. I had mentioned this long before that the inspiration was Hustler. The key was always the pricing - possibly Alto K10 to Santro range.
I have sat in this Car at Suzuki. Although I am repulsed by the exterior styling ( it's yuck but Japs like it), I think it's a far better buy than the Wagon-R due to its compactness and overall handling. Kwid with its 6 to 7 different versions of quality improvement trials on common people is a risk that I would not take even if offered an incentive - Styling be damned.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 18:32   #138
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Presso spied
Name doesn't seem to be "S-Presso", but something like "D-Zen"?

This image shows the need for auto companies not only to show their new concepts in the auto shows in all bling, but to first "expose" their launch-ready cars in the most acceptable view angle, instead of some paparazzi taking pictures from the most difficult angles making the car looking the weirdest of the lot.

But, this one doesn't have such good angles, it seems.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th September 2019 at 19:02.
Old 7th September 2019, 19:00   #139
Senior - BHPian

Alto is one of the most fun to drive small cars, sad to see it get the SUV treatment just to stay on top of the sales chart.

Hope regular alto remains on sale
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 09:22   #140
BHPian

I have had a few cars in my life, big and small. The biggest being the Chevy Silverado and the smallest being the wagon R.

Of all the cars, If I had to pick just one car as my favourite, while I lie in my death bed, it would be my Wagon R.

My Little wagon R stood at a lower place as compared to my Innova and Vento during the Chennai floods. Once the floods receded, it was the only car that would run. The other two had to wait for 2 - 3 months before being road ready. My Wagon R was ready in 1 Day. The alternator had gone kaput, that too because I started the car before it could fully dry. I got it changed at a local shop and it was good to go.

My Wagon R took me from Kottayam to Chennai Via Vandipperiyar, Kumili, Bodi, Dindugul and Tiruchy during the horrific 2018 Kerala floods. It was me, my two nephews and my new puppy Ganga. I had to go through some crazy "roads" and tea estate paths to get to this side of the westen ghats because the way to my Pollachi farm was impassable due to the floods. No matter what, the little car kept going, wading through knee deep waters and foot deep potholes, climbing ridiculous inclines, grinding and scraping its underbelly on rutted out paths, taking anything that came it's way with nonchalant humility.

I can keep going on and on.. but you get the idea.

It is an inconspicuous, friendly car, easy to drive, easy to maintain, tough as nails, dependable and serviceable anywhere.

The older it gets, the more I love it.

I have very high hopes for this S-Presso and I already love it, because the dimensions closely match that of the Wagon R.

Now that Maruti ruined the Wagon-R 's USP by bringing in an big(ger) , wider car as the new gen Wagon R, there needs to be a replacement for what Wagon R owners really want. We want our Old Wagon R.

I was super excited about the new Wagon R, but I was so disappointed when I saw it and almost got out of the driver's seat when I sat in it. What Maruti had done was take something, and force it to become that very thing that it was created "never to be".

I really love the intelligent packaging of the Japanese Kei-cars. When I see how much thought has gone into optimizing the INTERNAL SPACE of these cars, it makes me amazed and impressed.

To be honest, Kei-Car youtube videos are my car-p0rn .

So, what I am trying to say is, To Hell with the design and looks.

Maruti!! Please ignore those who talk about design and aesthetics. People who talk about design and beauty will never buy your S-presso no matter what you do. They buy things for what they represent and not for what they truly are.

Maruti!!! Please do not mess up the interiors with Big Car nonsense, like Gear shifter on the floor and two independent front seats and cup holders and console on the floor and unnecessary/unused/unusable spaces.

Maruti!! Please give us AMT and E-brake on the Dash and a split but full front bench like the Japanese cars.

Maruti!! Please give us sliding and flat folding rear seats so that we can make full use of the space.

Maruti !! Please give us lot of shelves like the 1st gen Wagon R

Maruti !! Please make the car slow , easy to drive and boringly reliable.

Exterior design should be a resultant byproduct of maximizing the interior space. I feel every car should have a purpose and the outward design should be a byproduct of fulfilling the functional purpose.

Talking about the exterior styling of a small car is like talking about the shape of a banana. What is relevant is what the shape holds inside. Any beauty should be incidental and not intentional.

There are millions of car buyers who do not give two hoots about exterior styling, and I personally am grateful for that.

I am excited about this S-Presso and hope Maruti gives us interiors and features that are relevant to a small car.

I hope S-Presso becomes the car for people like me .. Die hard Wagon R fans.

Last edited by rrnsss : 8th September 2019 at 09:51.
rrnsss is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 09:05   #141
BHPian

Looks ok, not spectacular. More of a reworked Ignis with traits of Wagon R. The 2020 Kwid looks more upmarket and mature ( Source : http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/2...ew-spy-photos/ )

Not sure how Maruti is planning to price this one, it is speculated to be priced around 5 lakhs OTR ( Source : ACI ). If so, it will land up very close to Wagon R and the Ignis ( Sigma ) as well.

If that's the case I don't think they have a winner in their hands.
Old 9th September 2019, 10:28   #142
BHPian

S-presso is what you get when 'S'corpio gets desperate and mates an alto

I didnt like the design, hope this is just a render and the actual product may look different
Rajiv0909 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 11:45   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

S Presso Variants:

The Maruti S-Presso will be available in a total of four variants – Std, LXi, VXi and the range-topping VXi+. ABS, a driver-side airbag, rear parking sensors, seat belt reminders, a digital speedometer and a speed alert system will be standard across the range.

Quote:
The LXi variant will add an air conditioner and power steering, but it’s the S-Presso VXi that’ll get essentials such as keyless entry with central locking, Maruti’s SmartPlay Dock audio system with Bluetooth connectivity, front power windows, body coloured bumpers and wheel covers.

A front passenger airbag will be standard on the top-spec VXi+ (and optional on all other variants), along with the 7.0-inch SmartPlay Studio infotainment system with voice recognition, steering-mounted controls, rear parcel tray, body-coloured ORVMs and door handles, and a 12V-volt accessory socket.

There will be no alloy wheels on any variant, a decision taken to keep prices low.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th September 2019 at 11:53.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 13:13   #144
BHPian

A car variant in today's time without air conditioner? Baffles me beyond belief.
DeepakS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 13:14   #145
BHPian

Quote:
S-presso is what you get when 'S'corpio gets desperate and mates an alto
Oh God! died laughing

Seeing the variants and the features on offer, this seems like a useless addition to the already crowded hatchback lineup from Maruti.
Old 9th September 2019, 14:28   #146
BHPian

I have no words to describe this ridiculousness. A car that is looking as silly as it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
S Presso Variants:

The Maruti S-Presso will be available in a total of four variants – Std, LXi, VXi and the range-topping VXi+. ABS
IMO, the bloke who convinced MSIL to name it S-presso should have put in the extra effort to get them to call the variants tall, grande, venti and trenta.
Iyencar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 14:35   #147
Senior - BHPian

An image of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso’s cabin has been rendered.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-marutispressointeriore1563731210507.jpg  

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-marutisuzukispressospied21024x587.jpg  

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 9th September 2019 at 14:36.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 12:53   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
An image of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso’s cabin has been rendered.
I highly doubt that's how the dash is actually going to look!
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 21:14   #149
BHPian

Not sure whether it is because of the angle of the photo but this rear end styling looks very odd. Would reserve my comments till I get to see better photos, but as of now looks like this Maruti "Spresso" has lost the battle of looks to Renault KWID.

Source : https://indianautosblog.com/maruti-s...t-time-p318398
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-marutisizikispressoreardesign1068x6017c55.jpg  

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-marutispresso1021x574177a.jpg  

vaasscit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 23:20   #150
BHPian

Yes, Maruti, Please invest in this stupid car rather than focusing on the gems of your stable like the Swift Sport, Jimny, and maybe a true RS (read fake baleno RS).
Nothing which wasn't expected from a company that has majority of market shares.

Great Work, Maruti!!
bhphog is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks