Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 15:50   #331
BHPian

re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Top trim pricing of this thing is almost equal to that of the Tiago XM. If this still sells, Tata should close auto business. The market isn't worthy of good cars. Period.
The gap in pricing between S Presso Vxi+ and TATA Tiago XM on road is Rs.58000 in Delhi. That does not equate to "almost equal".
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 15:51   #332
Senior - BHPian

Like I said before, looks a little better with fatter tyres, but not sure if people are going to accept the central console. Does it have tachometer ?

The strangest thing: This car does not seem to have any provision for fitting a fog lamp even as an accessory, or can it fitted instead of DRLs ? This is plain stupid in my opinion, North India needs fog lamps as standard.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 15:52   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The gap in pricing between S Presso Vxi+ and TATA Tiago XM on road is Rs.58000 in Delhi. That does not equate to "almost equal".
I'm referring to the Ex-Showroom prices which are showcased in the presentation. Those aren't this apart. OTR pricing is government taxes, registration & insurance premiums etc. The money that Maruti is asking for this car is very near to what Tata is asking for their Tiago. Rest goes elsewhere.
Check the current discounts on the Tiago, better deal on insurance & viola! The pricing will suddenly be on par. OTR pricing on Carwale etc is without discounts.

And in fact - for just 58k more, if a complete car like Tiago can be bought OTR, S-Presso looks even less worth the asking price. 58k should not matter when spending about 5 lakhs already. Especially when safety is at stake.

Last edited by Reinhard : 30th September 2019 at 16:12.
Old 30th September 2019, 15:55   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The product brochure of S-Presso!
Attaching the Accessories Brochure as well:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf S-PRESSO-Accessories-Brochure.pdf (3.54 MB, 1104 views)
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 16:18   #335
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm referring to the Ex-Showroom prices which are showcased in the presentation. Those aren't this apart.

And in fact - for just 58k more, if a complete car like Tiago can be bought OTR, S-Presso looks even less worth the asking price. 58k should not matter when spending about 5 lakhs already. Especially when safety is at stake.
Even in ex show room price, the difference is 41K between a BSVI and BSIV version. That is about 10% of vehicle price which is substantial. But I will agree that Tiago is perceived in some quarters to be a very good vehicle. I haven't driven one, so have no opinion about it. As far as safety is concerned, apart from its heaviness there is no other data to substantiate Tiago's safety.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 30th September 2019 at 16:25.
Old 30th September 2019, 16:25   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

S Presso- TVC

Old 30th September 2019, 16:26   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

WTH is this??

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-rrr.png
Leoshashi is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 16:29   #338
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayshouree View Post
I only hope sometime down the line, Hyundai comes up with another Micro SUV which looks like mini Venue to stop this.
If there ever had to be a documentary on how that car came into being, it would probably be titled ' Honey I shrunk the Venue'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
We will load the car with all the bells and whistles, but don't ask us for a much safer & better built car, we will build it just enough to meet the set norms by your government. Want a much better built car? go ask your government to improve the norms![/list]
Meanwhile Tata Motors, "Please buy my cars man, they're made like tanks! "

Quote:
Originally Posted by groom View Post
Please don't insult the automotive engineers final year project by comparing it to this ugly overgrown Alto 800.
I honestly don't get how the designer stepped back from this design and said to himself "Yes this is what I want! What a looker!"
Even if that didn't happen, how on earth did the management look at it and decide the design was fine?! If you look at it from the front, it honestly looks like one car stacked on top of another.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 17:15   #339
BHPian

Does this matchbox have 4X4 or AWD?
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 17:25   #340
Senior - BHPian

Its free publicity for Mahindra. I don't think anybody will notice the suzuki logo, just assume its another Mahindra.
Odd looking cars have never worked for Maruti, it will be interesting to see if this works.
fz_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 17:29   #341
BHPian

To be honest, it reminds me of the grotesque Premier Rio launched sometime last decade to expectedly pathetic reviews.

I wonder which segment would buy something so uninspiring? Perhaps a cheerful undertaker who wishes to spruce things up in his business can use it as an urban hearse by slanting the coffin in somehow.
invidious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 17:34   #342
Senior - BHPian

Enough words have already been said about this S-Presso. It's not my cup of coffee, hate the way it looks and is a disgrace to the term SUV (Mini, Micro or otherwise)

It only reminds of this.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-predator1024x535.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 17:44   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
After fleecing Indians for a Decade with their ugly entry level tin cans cannibalizing each other, for the first time Maruti felt pressure from the Renault Kwid !

Believe this abomination was the response to counter Kwid !

Looks like parts from different crashed cars were assembled to complete a car of some sorts ! Feels like Project work of Automobile Engg Final semester students !
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Almost all the manufacturers these days are like(quoting S-Presso for example):
  1. Starts from ₹ 3,69,000 but sells from ₹ 4,05,000. Buy the base variant if you can live with it, and also you must be lucky enough to get one from our dealers.
  2. Hold the beer, it's not over yet, these are introductory prices and will be revised upwards once the required traction is achieved!
  3. Here you go, you have no choice but to opt the top variant for the features which you feel are really necessary. Or at times you won't get them even in the top trim.
  4. We will load the car with all the bells and whistles, but don't ask us for a much safer & better built car, we will build it just enough to meet the set norms by your government. Want a much better built car? go ask your government to improve the norms!
Say what one may about this abomination, Suzuki Japan knows all to well there are tens of thousands of Maruti-bhakths out there ready to sign the dotted line and own this thing.

Thank the heavens above for new mandatory safety regulations, had that not been the case Suzuki would have sanctioned a 3.5 lac base variant to join the Spresso line-up sans seat belts and the rear brake lights as an optional extra!
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 17:48   #344
Senior - BHPian

and why I am not surprised...

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-alto-k10-spresso.png
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 17:54   #345
Senior - BHPian

In the features list, Heartect platform is listed under safety and all variants are shown to have it! So all manufacturers can now add their platform nomenclature as a feature now? And that too under safety? If some one like Tata shows the 5 star NCAP rating under safety feature then its fair.
motorworks is online now   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed