Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 23:28   #361
BANNED

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Sure. I own Mahindra and always want Indian brands to grow. So much, that I recommend Hexa to anyone looking into a SUV segment. Have always loved Tata ( so much that called a Sumo for test drive at my place). Did not care what neighbours would think then, nor do I today. That said, it is a fact that the growth shown by Tata and Mahindra is due to the fierce competition by International players.
Understood that, I am not singling you out, I am talking about the collective negative sense(in undertone ways at times) that prevails over here when it comes to Tata.
Quote:
Guys, please stop bashing the car. Our fellow members may want to but it. Please don’t make them feel ashamed.
There are people who love Tata cars and want to buy them despite the so called niggles image, so will the forum stop bashing Tata for its niggles and bad a.s.s reputation considering the Tata buyers' feelings? Though the subject here is about design and people are expressing their dislike.

Peace. Nothing personal at all, just talking about brands, cars, and perceptions. Let's stop it here before it goes further off-topic and the moderators jump-in.
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 00:44   #362
BHPian

Styling is totally subjective, I get it. There are people who are going to like this thing. I don’t completely understand why, but it’s none of my business.

Nobody needs to be ashamed of liking or disliking this thing (I’m sorry, I refuse to call this a car). The only one who needs to be ashamed is Maruti. As market leaders, they can take the industry forward. But they choose to give us this.
Aaron:) is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 01:25   #363
Senior - BHPian

This car will replace Ignis in the list of "cars that would have sunk without a trace if it was sold by any other manufacturer besides Maruti". Why has MSIL not brought some of the beauty from the new Ciaz or the Baleno into this model?
phamilyman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 05:46   #364
BHPian

Wow. Looking at some very angry comments, I can't help but think of the ultra sensitive world we live in. We must always tread carefully to avoid hurting someone's feeling. Really? All Caps huh?

If some of us like the car, then yes, by all means, please go ahead and buy the car. We, at team bhp will only wish the best ownership experience to every future S-Presso owners.

Having said that, as enthusiasts, we will have our own opinion against some designs. Case in point, this very vehicle.

I do not like the way Maruti designed this car one bit and like many on this forum, I will opine about my distaste. Please do not ask us to be kind towards any kind of design coming out of manufacturers.

Some of us talked about the preference of small cars in place of big premium vehicles. Absolutely agree to that but the reason why many of us are not a fan of Maruti Suzuki is due to their absolute disregard to safety.

So, to not carry this endless discussion forward, let me conclude by saying that I do not like this new vehicle from Maruti Suzuki and I will express my distaste as it is my preference and my opinion.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by aveoman19 : 1st October 2019 at 05:56. Reason: Typo
aveoman19 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 06:59   #365
BHPian

Must have been a complex process for MSIL to design this car. Phew.

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-how-maruti-designs-their-cars.jpg
groom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 07:25   #366
Senior - BHPian

There is absolutely no reason why one should be sympathetic in reviewing a car ? Didn't we all bash up Honda for their lame attempt at bringing the new Civic? Didn't we all shred the reputation of Renault in one day knowing what they did with Captur ? And didn't we all mock VW for turning unlimited editions of limited editions year on year ? No manufacturer is given any kinda preferential treatment here. You just need to look deep in team-bhp.

Irrespective of what one says people will buy if they find value in them. I was among the first lot of owners who brought the S cross 1.6 when it was overpriced by couple of lacs ! Because I was genuinely in awe of the way the car performed and behaved! Yes, you can call me stupid but then you cannot doubt my integrity. So IMO, this is till date the most pathetic attempt at design in Indian auto scenario. And it is not that you cannot make a decent looking car! Kwid, Eon even their own erstwhile fist gen Alto was so much good looking !

If this car passed the eyes of MUL Management then its purely due to compromises at various levels.

This car looks awful! There is no two ways about it.

Please remember this forum is a rare medium to vent your genuine comments on auto industry and even be heard (you never know) . Be vocal about what you like and dislike.

Last edited by SDP : 1st October 2019 at 16:17. Reason: Corrected about a dozen typos and formatting errors. Please proof-read your messages before posting.
Mi10 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 07:34   #367
BANNED

https://www.timesnownews.com/videos/...es-drive/42797

Timesdrive first look video.

BTW, Maruti forgot to add a contrasting roof?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st October 2019 at 08:01.
Old 1st October 2019, 07:51   #368
BHPian

I think the SUV mini, micro, mini-micro is all nonsense and jargon. what this is is a response to the dwindling sales of the alto and Maruti's attempt to differentiate vs alto. You can't deny that in a city like Bangalore high ground clearance is needed..

Is it practical - appears so.
Will it appeal to the junta - a resounding yes.
Is it going to win any design awards- not in the true sense..

All in all, I will say :Horses for courses. This will work for the aam admi of the cities and rural areas backed by the Omni present maruthi after sales.. period.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 08:19   #369
BANNED

https://www.ndtv.com/video/auto/cara...st-look-528532

Car and bike first look video. The colour seems a more attractive yellow than the actual orange. Stage lighting effect?

The tail-lamp design is one that is looking the simplest and attractive, just like the original Zen.

Last edited by SDP : 1st October 2019 at 16:17. Reason: Typos
Old 1st October 2019, 09:08   #370
BHPian

This would be the most undesirable car in all of Indian Automotive History. Compared to this contraption the Kiwd seems to be so much better put together. Why to call this an SUV mini or otherwise.
vijit.gangwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 09:21   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The gap in pricing between S Presso Vxi+ and TATA Tiago XM on road is Rs.58000 in Delhi. That does not equate to "almost equal".
Tiago is getting about 50k discount as of now. Hard negotiator can better it further. Whereas Maruti will not offer anything on the fresh launch.

Tiago makes sense except for the ASS and fuss free ownership of Maruti which Tata cannot match.
i74js is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 09:33   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Which segment does S Presso fall?

Quote:
The S-Presso is a mini-SUV and that's how we are positioning it in the market. We have studied the demand of new customers asking for bold and aggressively designed cars. While this will fall under the A type, when we release our monthly sales numbers, it will create a new segment of its own

SVP:
Quote:
Yes I have not as yet opined on the car’s design or attributes. I want to drive it, then tell you what I think. As someone said yesterday none of that will matter as many ppl will buy it simply coz it’s a Maruti
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st October 2019 at 09:39.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 09:47   #373
BHPian

Just noticed that this car has more width but less length than our beloved 2nd gen wagon R. It is a bit disappointing to see that it is wider by 25mm . I will take a look at it nonetheless. Old wagon R width was 1495 mm spresso is 1520 mm.
Old 1st October 2019, 10:00   #374
Senior - BHPian

Maruti is "Kwidding" us with the design . I think it would look a bit better with blackened grills instead of the toothy chrome grill in the front. The rear looks ok, only they have to do something a bit about the front.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 10:17   #375
Senior - BHPian

The irony of the thread is that the people who are commenting on this thread bashing the design are not the target audience for Suzuki. They did not launch this car expecting the elites in teambhp to buy this car. So we can all insult the design as much as we want, Suzuki does not give a damn about us. Of course, that does not take way our right to feel bad about the design.

This car is aimed at people who want a small city car with aggressive design. Most of them may be first time buyers, who even though likes kwid, do not want to put their money in it - either because of peer pressure or not wanting to take a risk. This is a good alternative to Kwid and will surely take some sales away from it.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 1st October 2019 at 10:19.
padmrajravi is online now   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks