Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2019, 11:27   #421
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not bad quality. This IS the feature of this car. In addition to HEARTEC this feature is LEGOTEC. And we should not bash Maruti for bringing us such a phenomenal and simple to use tech.

On odd days, your car can have chrome teeth and even days black. Howizzit.
groom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 12:08   #422
BHPian

I was begining to like it and even thought of it as a good replacement for our santro after looking at it's front.
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-tapatalk_1569997679312.jpeg
However, this image managed to not just drop this car out of the bottom most shortlist but even had me wondering why members feel 'looks have to be discounted' when more good looking cars have been thrashed around from other brands for farfetched reasons. Those rear wheels looks ugly and the rear of the car cannot get more pathetic than this. Irrespective of a lighter shade or dark, ugly is ugly!
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-tapatalk_1569997711286.jpeg
Knowing Maruti and the mindset of the public, there's no doubt this will do decent numbers which is very unfortunate as it sidelines other capable alternatives.
abhi7013 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 12:19   #423
BHPian

Looks like a honest effort, to make a young, quirky, high ground clearance compact car. Looks good in that retro orange shade. A little customization like an off-white roof or a big sunroof will make it look even better.
AirbusCapt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 12:19   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Plenty of vehicles were considered ugly at launch, but tolerated afterwards. The now much loved Jelly bean Zen was criticized for its bulged rear end and lets not forget Zen classic - perhaps the ugliest car ever. So looks are really subjective, the top sellers may not be the best looking vehicles as we are now aware.

An affordable car for the masses that is Alto has now became an SUV called espresso, thats just about it. It can now handle speed breakers a lot easier, while being lighter , offering more fuel efficiency, an automatic as well at around 5L - not much to dislike then.

Earlier SUVs were pretty large, and then came slightly smaller cross overs and then even smaller sub4M crossovers like Ecosport, I think there is space for even smaller SUV style vehicles. Are they really SUVs or not is no longer up for debate - SUV is now a style of vehicle regardless of its capabilities.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 12:21   #425
BHPian

How about staying relevant and fighting competition in the market?
The urban commuter, falling sales of Alto, the rise of Kwid, the KUV, the Santro and what not!

How about a Jimny, is this one with a similar gene from within the family? To compete with the Kwid, you can't have an Alto. The sellers can be good at selling only as long the buyers buy. One needs to pull out all the stops to compete. Isn't that how it is?

How many of us can resist a better job offer, a better living place and so on? It's money and that's what drives.

A mini Creta in Venue, a Sumoish Bolero or a Boleroish Sumo, overpriced Crysta, gas Autos from Volkswagen, a hybrid eon-i10 in Santro, the Ignis?, Jeep repair north of 1.2L for a quarter bumper collision with an Alto, notorious Skoda service, where's the quality 3rd gen Honda City? The list goes on.

Everyone can voice their opinions, nevertheless we still remain constructive while criticizing, because it is this very market that gave us the K Series and the Kappa engines, the abuse friendly Indica, that brought in Hyundai cars, the run-away success for Innova, the sedan aspiration friendly sub-four meters and the turbo diesels, just to mention a few.

It's a free market; let's trust it to be fair. I'd wait and watch the modern buyer to decide. Enjoy while it lasts!

Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 13:27   #426
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vians View Post
The above quote from sidindica shows lack of tolerance.
And your comment shows the height of ignorance. When you made the decision of buying your alto instead of wagonR, that was your call, and the times were different. Now the market has changed and offers so many product from various competitors. But the mass only cares about "kitna deti hai".

Now here I would like to ask you all a question, where were you all sensible thinking people when Tata was bashes for Harrier, only on the basis of a few pictures of panel gaps? Were you all not hurting the sentiments of prospective buyers of Harrier, or any other Tata product? You all are defending Maruti for a new tin can as if you all hold shares in their stocks, lol!

I myself am a Ciaz owner, and have taken a vow that I won't let dad buy any maruti after it, mainly due to safety. And all people, please get out of the bubble of marutis being cheap to maintain and reliable! This is a joke! My Ciaz faced the infamous thermostat valve failure that affected many Scross(s), and recently, the alternator gave up and had to be replaced (my M.A.S.S. told us it could not be repaired as it had ISG due to that SHVS crap) and the new alternator costed 36,000! There goes your cheap and reliable Maruti.

Enough with the rant now!

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd October 2019 at 06:55. Reason: For any concerns around forum violations, please use the report post feature.
Simat is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 13:34   #427
VVN
BHPian

The front started to grow on me but other angles make it a very weird car. Nevertheless, it's not the looks but the features that bother me. I understand that this is an entry segment but OEMs should be setting new benchmarks and raising the bar high. Instead, they choose to keep crawling under the bar that was set by the likes of Maruti 800. This holds true for all manufacturers and not just Maruti.

I hope some OEMs come out with TV adverts mocking the current trend of calling hatchbacks as SUVs. Indians need a reality check. Terming this car as a mini SUV is annoying.
Old 2nd October 2019, 13:40   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simat View Post
And your comment shows the height of ignorance. !
Let ignorance be a bliss when people say one must be ashamed to buy this car. If you want us to be ashamed to own this car, I prefer to remain ignorant of your views.
Vians is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 13:43   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Seriously, are we fighting over a car? Come on guys! If you like it, buy it or recommend it to those who are upto buying a new car. If you don't, please state your opinion in a well mannered sensible way.

Abuse does not do any good. Just my 2 cents!
PrasannaDhana is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 13:50   #430
Team-BHP Support

Just noticed that S-Presso clearly falls under SUVs / MUVs classification under the Maruti Suzuki Arena portfolio!

The term 'SUV' is being abused by all car companies these days.

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-screenshot-20191002-1.48.11-pm.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd October 2019 at 13:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 13:59   #431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Seriously, are we fighting over a car? Come on guys! If you like it, buy it or recommend it to those who are upto buying a new car. If you don't, please state your opinion in a well mannered sensible way.

Abuse does not do any good. Just my 2 cents!
Sir I agree with you, but this is not about a car, I am calling out on the general behaviour of our members these days. I usually don't post much, but could not stop my self this time. I am attaching a picture to prove my point. I am sorry to post a screenshot as I don't know how to quote a post from another thread
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-20191002_162337.jpg
This is from the Altroz thread, a car that have not been even launched yet! Is that bhpian not hurting the feelings of a future buyer, or a Tiago/any Tata owner who might be interested in buying Altroz? I have nothing else to say, you all can see the photograph as proof. Thanks

Last edited by Simat : 2nd October 2019 at 14:02.
Simat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 14:08   #432
BHPian

Quote:
This is from the Altroz thread, a car that have not been even launched yet! Is that bhpian not hurting the feelings of a future buyer, or a Tiago/any Tata owner who might be interested in buying Altroz? I have nothing else to say, you all can see the photograph as proof. Thanks
Just because someone is intolerant, do you want to do the same by calling people who buy a car to be ashamed? Let's live and let live. Buy a car if you like. You are welcome to state your opinion if you don't like it. However calling others to be ashamed of buying a car is extreme! One must be ashamed of stealing or doing unlawful stuffs. Buying a car that you don't like is not something one should be ashamed.

Again I am neutral and don't have anything for or against this car. I just feel we should not name and shame people for buying a car. At least does not look good on Team Bhp if members attack personally and call public to be ashamed of buying this car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd October 2019 at 16:14. Reason: Spacing and formatting
Vians is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 14:44   #433
NKB
BHPian

Quote:
Now here I would like to ask you all a question, where were you all sensible thinking people when Tata was bashes for Harrier, only on the basis of a few pictures of panel gaps? Were you all not hurting the sentiments of prospective buyers of Harrier, or any other Tata product? You all are defending Maruti for a new tin can as if you all hold shares in their stocks, lol!

It is sad to see how bhpians bash one brand, and defend another. Where is the un-biased factor this forum was known for? Can the mods answer me?
Enough with the rant now!
Couldn't agree more. In the forum there are members who can't withstand a particular brand and would start bashing everything that the brand does. Most of those views don't add any value and are not constructive.

I have seen many who are very happy with Maruti and then there are guys who have taken vows not to buy a Maruti again... I myself have a TATA car (Nexon), am happy with the car and my experience at the time of buying and after that has been very good.

The point I am trying to make is that express your opinion but in a constructive manner which helps other members in their decision making and refrain from bashing.
NKB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 14:48   #434
BHPian

I think we all seriously need to tone down our rhetoric. It's just a car. We all love cars. We either like a car or we don't. There is no need to trash people on this forum and Masses of India in general. Sorry for being off topic.
Carma2017 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2019, 14:53   #435
BHPian

I don't know about market , but S-presso really caused a stir in teambhp .

If I had more than enough money in my account I would've gone and bought one and posted an ownership review here, Just because of the bashing it is getting here . It makes me sympathetic

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd October 2019 at 16:11. Reason: Spacing
Asish_VK is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks