Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2019, 12:59   #691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Haha I just saw the ACI comparison on Youtube and wondered how much money they made out of it.
I don't want to comment on money part, but I always find reviews by ACI very balanced. They are done considering common man's prospective and not BHPians. They cover all important points and generally reviews are short & crisp which are generally preferred by common man.

Last edited by aniketi : 12th November 2019 at 13:01.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 14:14   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I agree that the buyer has to be beware, but when the carmaker has created so much hype and puts up larger than life hoardings all over their dealerships, and then the staff do their bit in blowing up the expectations of buyers with hyperbole, things like this are bound to happen. You can't reasonably expect first-time buyers to be so prudent.
It is a manufacturer's right to glorify a mundane product into something special, just to sell it. Why else do we have advertisements for say something as irrelevant as an agarbatti (incense stick)? To sell it to more and more consumers, of course.
While a customer can buy an agarbatti off the shelf without trying it out, one has to take an informed decision while buying a vehicle, especially the first time buyers. It is not correct to blame the manufacturer here.

Quote:
They usually go for a brand they trust and the model and color they like, as they would do with any consumer product.
In the 90s, yes. Today, one can get information about a product from multiple sources so it is the consumer's loss for not gauging it correctly and not the manufacturer's.

Quote:
Interestingly, Maruti hasn't used the term SUV anywhere on the S-presso website or material. They've just made the front look like a Scorpio, the quintessential Indian SUV... Clever
Screenshot from MSIL website for the S-Presso for your reference -

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-capture.jpg

Quote:
Glad you like it, mate. I can't stomach it. There are too many compromises made for cost-cutting, and when you put it aside the new Kwid, you realise what could be done with the same kind of money, and that kind of takes all the charm out of it for me. The design is too bland and plain, and even the loud colors don't help.
Design is subjective and I respect your opinion. But as an overall package, I'd rather live with the S-Presso for that K10 engine rather than the Renault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I do not for one moment think that anyone will tow a water tanker up an estate trail in Espresso or even buy one for doing that, there are car-aware customers outside of our forum as well. The Altos and Nanos themselves deal with plenty of off the road driving in our Himalayan roads, surely Espresso can as well in comparison.
Well, one can go off-roading in an Alto or mall hopping in a Land Rover, who am I to judge? How often in India do we see a vehicle being used as advertised?

Quote:
What do you categorize a Range Rover as? How about the Jeep Grand Cherokee? The new Defender? You guessed it right , none of them have a ladder frame chassis. Its called Unibody to be exact, much like espresso. Can we call it a hatchback? Sure, it has a hatch. The point is SUV is a body style, Style is important here.
I'm not sure why you are telling me this?
I was simply stating the difference between an SUV and a Wagon for you. Do you think an XC90 and V90 are the same?

Quote:
however the thought that only a body on frame vehicle can do offroad duties in not right
Again, where have I mentioned this and why is it relevant for this thread?

Quote:
but the notion of Scorpio being an uncontrollable bucking bronco is far from reality.
Your words buddy, not mine. I haven't mentioned anything about the Scorpio's handling apart from quoting TBhp Official review just to get this point of mine across -

Quote:
If people can pay upwards of INR 15L and live with the ride quality, I don't see why body roll on a INR 5L hatchback, meant for city duties should be a "serious concern" for the buyers.

Last edited by Porschefire : 12th November 2019 at 14:42.
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 13:13   #693
Senior - BHPian

We took the final delivery of our car but awaiting the number plates which are being sourced from some vendor in Mumbai, so haven't driven the car around much.

Couple of more things I noticed :

- Headlight level adjustment is done through wires and is not electric. Yes, its cable driven, in 2019. The plus point is that it does not happen in stages, so one can arrange the throw at exact spot as he wishes.
- Car shakes a lot while idling, a little bit of throttle and it disappears. Maybe the idling needs to be adjusted ?
- Phoenix brand headlights are cheap, its like somebody has placed candles in that reflective box. Ordered Osram bulbs already.

While the front two speakers are better it kind of sucks when sitting in the rear seat and does not create a good 'stage'. So I had asked the dealer to add rear speakers too. There is no provision as of now to add rear speakers in the doors although the vxi+ is provided with wires in the rear door already. So, while you can fix the speakers to the doors (which our dealer happily did on my request), the speakers were 'concealed' as the panel has no provision for the speaker grille (which the dealer told 'grille will be added' at the time of placing order ). As a result, the audio output was boomy and we asked the dealer to either cut the panel and add a grille, or remove the speakers and refund the amount. I had to escalate the issue with the higher ups as the fitting guys were adamant that 'it is how it is for the new car', but had no answer when I asked them why the front speakers have a grille on the panels. So, I saw how easy it is to remove the door panels and might just do DIY of adding the speakers. The wires are already present so its just a plug and play job. This has been the most frustrating part so far. I mean, why can't Maruti just add a grille to the panel when the wires are already present. Is there a Supreme court order which restricts this ?

On a sad note, my dad is yet to get accustomed to a petrol car after driving a diesel one for last ten years, so he fried the clutch when trying to climb an incline :(

Last edited by NiInJa : 13th November 2019 at 13:15.
NiInJa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 13:52   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
We took the final delivery of our car but awaiting the number plates which are being sourced from some vendor in Mumbai, so haven't driven the car around much.
Ah finally you got it! Was a long wait - even I was waiting for your post since the day you mentioned you have booked it. Pictures please mate!! You know how much everyone here would like to see an actual member's car!
Congratulations & wish your family many happy miles ahead!
Quote:
Car shakes a lot while idling, a little bit of throttle and it disappears. Maybe the idling needs to be adjusted ?
Not much I think. That's typical K10 in a light car. Similar in Alto too. The "a lot" really depends in relativity compared to which car you drove before. Considering your previous cars, I think this is to be expected.
Quote:
There is no provision as of now to add rear speakers in the doors although the vxi+ is provided with wires in the rear door already. So, while you can fix the speakers to the doors (which our dealer happily did on my request), the speakers were 'concealed' as the panel has no provision for the speaker grille

Ouch! No grille in the rear door panel trim - that's exactly like AltoK10!! Having wires there makes it just more weirder. I suggest you add a couple of ovals in a wooden parcel tray over the boot. That would give better output compared to those in the door as Maruti door panels tend to rattle with beats!
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 19:56   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

S presso with Old WagonR

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-img20191113wa0078.jpg

Pic credit-BHPian ChiranjitP
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 13:56   #696
BHPian

I saw the S-Presso physically for the first time today. A silver colored baby/toy car is what it looked like.
Its not tall, neither is it wide and nor is it any longer to qualify as an SUV.
Heck, it does not even feel like a Utility vehicle(UV), forget "Sports" Utility Vehicle (SUV).

In the silver color, it looked like an unpainted aluminum soda can!

But somehow, I did like it.

Why you ask?
Firstly, I saw it arrive and get parked between the vendors.
A narrow lane in a residential area; and it fit so easily in the gap between the subziwalas.
+Notice the convenience and ease when shopping with missus.

It did not matter to the moving traffic that A CAR was parked ON the narrow road.
+Notice the no hindrance manner of the car.

Next, she(the driver) made an easy U-turn with out any fuss and drove off.
+Notice the visibility factor from the driver's perspective.

The way the car disappeared quickly was a wow for the way she navigated thru the narrow lane.
I in the swift couldn't do that because of the narrow road width available for driving.
+Ability to quickly flee the scene.

The looks I feel would very gradually grow on a person. In the pictures it does look very quirky.
But I would suggest go and have a look personally, spend some time around it, who knows, opinions might change.

I am planning to go and see/drive the SPresso soon.
iamahunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 16:19   #697
BHPian

Initially, just like everybody else, I also wrote off the S- presso in one look. The weedy tyres told me that it will definitely have loads of body roll and a strong gust of wind would just blow it away. But recently, I saw one on display at a mall and got to know the car really well. It is awesome for a new driver, as the bonnet is visible from the drivers seat. The cabin is really well laid out and spacious. The boot space is almost as much as my Ford ikon.

What makes it a better car is the fact that it has Marutis tried and tested K10 engine, which basically means that it will be peppy, fuel efficient and reliable.

What further sweetens the deal is the fact that it has all the features that one would ever want in a small, city car. Also the price for the VXI+ model is just 30K more than the top of the line kwid 800. The kwid may look better, but just can't hold a candle to the S presso in terms of performance, reliability and peace of mind. All in all, it makes for a really good replacement for my 2 decade old ikon as my city car.

Last edited by Sanidhya mukund : 14th November 2019 at 16:20.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 16:22   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
S presso with Old WagonR
Pic credit-BHPian ChiranjitP
Thanks for reminding how good the last F10 powered WagonR really looked...It was one of the better Maruti designs & one of the best tall-boys ever to roam our roads. Smooth, powerful, reliable & feature packed in top trims...

Just when I had starting to accept the S-Presso's looks - you posted this!
Reinhard is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 17:46   #699
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for reminding how good the last F10 powered WagonR really looked...It was one of the better Maruti designs & one of the best tall-boys ever to roam our roads. Smooth, powerful, reliable & feature packed in top trims...

Just when I had starting to accept the S-Presso's looks - you posted this!
As someone who's not only used but also learnt driving on this wagon R, I have to agree
Old 15th November 2019, 11:04   #700
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Maruti S-Presso : Short Review

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-20191110-10.27.53.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-20191110-10.28.341.jpg

What I liked: Funky design stands out from the crowd, fantastic engine & MT gearbox, fun & perfect for the city, well-priced for what it offers, optional AMT available (I've not driven it yet), 180 mm ground clearance & tiny 4.5m turning radius, spacious cabin with enough room for four 6-footers , boot has a practical layout + rear seat folds down, touchscreen ICE with Android Auto + Apple CarPlay + steering mounted controls, fuel-efficient, chilling air-conditioner.

What I didn’t: Controversial styling with oddball proportions – you’ll either love it or hate it, basic ride quality - has a distinctly firm edge to it + gets bumpy, terrible highway dynamics, best driven at double-digit speeds, narrow width makes it a 4-seater & not 5, weird poorly-calibrated steering, skinny 165 mm tyres or atrocious 145 mm tyres (lower variant), missing rear power windows + rear defogger + day/night IRVM, tiny 27L fuel tank (even Alto has a larger tank), NVH at speed.

----------------------------------------

• Yes, the S-Presso’s styling is very controversial and it has divided opinion on our very own Team-BHP too. 50% of BHPians love it, the other 50% hate it. This is by design. If Maruti were to launch a neutral looking car - like say the Celerio - in this crowded hatchback segment, it would sink without a trace. Boring won't work. Make no mistake, the controversial styling is fully intentional…it is designed to stand out. Last month, the car had 10,000 factory dispatches, so the strategy has clearly worked!

• To its credit, the S-Presso does look better in person than its (ugly) pictures would suggest. But it’s no beauty queen at all. Let’s just say it looks “less bad” in person.

• Indians love SUVs of any size, whether they are big or small, and real or fake. This thing in orange turned heads like Jennifer Love Hewitt in a red dress on Indian roads!

• Build quality is typical economy-grade Maruti. It’s not so tinny that too many will complain, but it’s no Hyundai either.

• Looks more "Mahindra" than "Maruti" from the front! Everyone thought so.

• Would look way better with thicker tyres. Skinny tyres make it look like the S-Presso is standing on stilts, especially when viewed from the rear! The lower variants with their toothpick-thin 145 mm tyres look absolutely atrocious!

• Forget all the talk about “Micro SUV”. Think of it as a more practical, tall hatchback instead.

• Doors open wide! Ingress & egress are effortless! Easy even for the elderly.

• Like the exterior, the dashboard also has a funky, unconventional layout. Reason? You guessed it = differentiation & to stand out from the crowd.

• Nice taller seating position, especially if you compare it to the likes of the Alto. Seat is not height adjustable, yet it will suit everyone. Can see the bonnet while driving. Many people will like this.

• Tall people will find the non-adjustable steering to be too far away. It’s too close to the dashboard. Should have come out a little more. Another issue is that the steering is tilted up 2 notches too high. I am feeling it at 5'10, shorter drivers will complain even more. Its facing “upwards” - that tilt angle should have been lesser. I am surprised with these two points as Maruti’s ergonomics are usually spot on.

• Good legroom, front & back. Two 6-footers will easily be able to sit front & back. How Maruti managed this in what is a 3.57m short car is damn impressive. The company is now on par with Honda in terms of interior packaging skills.

• Cabin width - It’s a very narrow car. The driver will definitely be elbowing the arms of the front passenger while shifting gears. Even without fully stretching my body, I could easily reach the passenger-side ORVM adjustment stalk!

• Quality overall is as expected from a Maruti of this segment (read = budget grade, but not too bad or cheap at this price point). There is no comparison to the Hyundai Eon or Santro, but frankly, the interior quality is acceptable at this price. I don’t foresee any owners complaining. The single area that feels cheap to me is the doorpad, which flexes so easily. Blackwasp says that the IRVM feels like it's the lowest grade unit Maruti could buy.

• Dashboard is too high for short drivers. Center fascia / round meter console area is even higher and will block the view of shorter folk (at 5’10”, I didn’t have any problem though).

• Mini’esque round center fascia with orange highlights is extremely “trendy”. No revv counter or temp gauge sucks. Meters in the middle is a love it or hate it move. We had no problems with it after a couple of km in the car. The XL-size speedometer font makes it easy to read. Anyway, because it’s a small car, you don’t really have to turn your head to see it. Can view the reading in your peripheral vision.

• Power window position works! And because the hazard light button is between the two buttons, there is no mistaking which switch is for what window. No power window console on the door means additional lateral legroom at the front.

• Quite a meek single-tone horn. Aftermarket upgrade to a nice dual-tone is compulsory.

• Powerful air-con will chill you to the bone. It made me c-o-l-d even on a hot sunny day.

• Slider knob for the aircon's recirculation / fresh air mode & rotary cable-operated headlamp leveler feel cheap & outdated.

• Cup-holders and storage console ahead of the gear lever are way too low. If you have your coffee cup out there or your phone, you are going to have to bend forward and go low down to pick it up. It’s as if Maruti raised the car, but forgot to raise the height of this storage area.

• Front seat is basic, although support is on par with competitors. Back support is fair. Seat will do for shorter drivers or those of medium height. At 5’10”, you could say that 40% of my thigh had no support. Seats are adequate for city journeys, but not long highway drives. They are quite narrow. I am slim and even then, my shoulders were popping out of the seat. The heavier amongst us might find support to be lacking.

• I love the placement of the gear lever. It’s close to the driver, just at the right height and your hand literally falls on it. The positioning is perfect!! That said, those with heavy legs might have their legs rubbing against it.

• Just 1 cabin lamp at the front. It is angled nicely & is powerful too. Angle covers not only the front, but also the rear - its almost like facing the rear seat.

• The DRLs (extra $$$ accessory) fitted in the media cars = you have to long press the button to turn it on and long press to switch it off. If you keep it continuously pressed, then the DRL starts blinking. Looks & behaves like a damn after-market accessory.

• Weak headlamps = clear cost cutting measure by Maruti's bean counters. Bulb upgrade is mandatory.

• Rear bench is good for 2 adults, not 3. There is simply no width for another person. Has lots of legroom for a 6-footer to sit behind another one on the front seat. Rear integrated headrests are useless. No center armrest which the Kwid has.

• As with most cars in this segment, the rear seat is basic. The backrest is also more upright than I prefer.

• Nicely laid out boot. Practical layout. Usable.

• It’s got just 2 speakers at the front. I expected terrible sound quality, but was pleasantly surprised, especially for a budget car. The sound quality is actually pretty nice for this segment. This is important to me as I'm a 24/7 music guy. Adjust the equalizer (bass, mid and treble the way you like it) and you will be surprised too. Handles everything except the bass-heavy EDM and R&B stuff. Far better than what you would expect in a 4 - 5 lakh Maruti. I've driven cars that cost 8 - 10 lakh rupees that had poorer sound than this. No rear speakers or any cut-out on the doors for them though!

• It’s pretty cool that even in this class of car, you have Android Auto + Apple CarPlay + music + phone + voice controls on the steering. Love how high-end car features eventually water down to these segments.

• Was terribly slow in hooking up to my S9’s Android Auto. Took almost 45 seconds to find, recognize & set up. Is slow to start Android Auto even after pairing. As an example, the next day, when I plugged in my S9, it took about 30 – 40 seconds before the music started playing on the already paired phone.

Excellent engine! Peppy, good driveability, revv-happy & fuel efficient. A jewel among the 1.0 litre motors. Makes the S-Presso quite lively to drive. Of course, the feather light kerb weight also helps. Motor feels tractable in the city. It’s got a practical state of tune. Redline happy – I enjoyed taking it to 83 km/h in 2nd & 122 km/h in 3rd.

• I found the gearing also to be spot on.

• Gearshift is nice to use with throws on the shorter side. It’s a pleasure to use, even if it has a rubbery side to it.

• Nice light clutch with just the right travel length.

• Work the engine and you'll actually have fun. As the revs climb, you’ll hear that familiar 3-cylinder thrum that all of us recognise from the Maruti 800 / Alto days. The engine sounds good at higher revs. Not everyone is going to enjoy this sound, but enthusiasts definitely will.

• There is mild cabin shake on start up as well as shut down. Again typical of 3 cylinders, mild vibrations are felt while idling in the cabin.

• It passes the second gear speed breaker test with flying colours. Forget the speed breaker test, it easily moves away from a standstill also in second gear.

• What you'll find annoying though is that whenever you drive in a pedal-to-the-metal driving style, the ECU switches the A/C compressor off for that extra pep. Because this car has a very healthy power-to-weight ratio, Maruti didn’t need to do that. Even if you’re climbing a flyover in a taller gear and you floor the accelerator, the air-con switches off. This compressor switching off is too aggressive & too annoying!!! On a hot summer day, you can't drive the S-Presso hard, else you'll feel like a baked potato.

• The power to weight ratio is enough for its acceleration and mid range to keep up with hatchbacks from a segment above. And it will absolutely murder something like the Polo 1.0.

• This engine and gearbox combination reminds me of why I love the Alto K10 so much.

• Wind and road noise are on the higher side @ 100 km/h. NVH is overall poor. It will tire you out on long journeys.

• The downside to a tall + narrow car is that you have to firm up the suspension (else your handling will be all over the place - take a spin in the original Safari). It’s the case with the S-Presso as well. Suspension is livable & not a deal-breaker, but it’s firm. Ride quality is such that you feel everything on the road. And cars from this segment anyways have basic damping, so ride quality is not something that owners will be raving about. You feel everything on the road (I mean, EVERYTHING). On broken roads, the car suffers side-to-side body movement that can make passengers uncomfortable. Sharp bumps do come in strong. And on a fast undulating highway, the rear is even more bouncy than the front seat. So again, keep it at 80 - 90 km/h on such highways. Note: Lower variant with 13" rims & taller tyre sidewalls might ride a little better.

• I distinctly remember the Kwid’s ride quality to be superior; that’s an advantage the Renault has.

• The S-Presso is awesome in its natural habitat = the city. Its narrow width + tall seating + good low end + peppy engine make it easy to dart in and out of traffic. But on the highway, the car is mediocre. It is tall, it is narrow and it has skinny tyres. Just those 3 things should tell you what to do when you see corners = back the hell off & take them calmly. This is not a handler at all. Don’t make fast lane changes either, the S-Presso doesn’t like it. I did once and it felt nervous. Straightline stability is acceptable at 90 - 100 km/h, but in such a small & light car, we wouldn’t recommend going over 90 – 100 km/h on the highway anyway. Keep your speeds in check. Crosswinds on the expressway easily affect its composure. Frankly, this kind of car is best restricted to city use only.

• Please get fatter 185 mm tyres for better handling & safety reasons. They’ll make the car look sweeter too.

• One of those rare cars that neither rides nor handles well.

• Weird steering is poorly calibrated. Feels more like a Mahindra-tuned steering than Maruti (surprising because Maruti steerings have usually been fuss-free to use). At parking speeds, the steering should have been lighter. Some people, including women, will feel that they have to put in a little more effort than they wish while parking. The steering absolutely lacks self-centering. On a long left-hand curve of the highway and another on the Sealink, I left the steering in the middle (of the curve). Guess what? The S-Presso held its line and continued taking the turn perfectly (didn’t center back at all!!).

• I took a right turn at a signal and after the turn, I left the steering. It’s stuck in that right turn position only . I had to manually straighten it. My antique Mahindra Jeep steering needs the same straightening after a turn. I’ve not driven any modern car that behaves like this.

• The EPS is a bit vague at some speeds, and a bit too sensitive at others. A regular joe may not notice these inconsistencies with the steering, but a BHPian who drives it for 300 km most definitely will.

• Super small turning radius of just 4.5 meters! A car in which u-turns are fun just to experience that tight turning circle!

• Brake pedal has a strong bite.

Old Bombay-Vashi bridge was opened up due to some road work on the new one. What memories! We used this bridge a lot in the 1980s & 90s. Literally a drive down memory lane:
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-20191110-09.15.07.jpg

Crazy-intelligent Google now suggesting destinations based on where you are. I was in New Bombay and it suggested Godrej City, Panvel as the 2nd choice (I keep going there as my brother has invested in some property there):
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-20191110-11.06.55.jpg

So narrow that I can stick it to one side of my small driveway & take the fat 5-Series out easily from the remaining space:
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-20191110-12.01.22.jpg

How I stuck it to the wall:
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-20191110-23.08.34.jpg
GTO is offline   (96) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 11:22   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Now that clears out everything we were trying to say.

*Spresso is not that hideous as pics would make you believe
*That 1.0 is a gem
*Want a perfect city car that can seat 4 6- footers, look no where else
*Decent interior quality for the price
*Excellent A.S.S and vfm pricing
*Stands out unlike Celerio and wagon r
*145 sections are atrocious, Kwid had 155 in last gen and it looked too small, I can't imagine 145s
*Perhaps the worst handling car at highway speeds, owners need to have this in mind

What was new from this review was that ride quality is not good. Now that will be a deal breaker for a lot of people(specially senior citizens).

Kwid definitely has a very good ride quality (even better than celerio).

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 15th November 2019 at 11:25.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 12:17   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for that quick one GTO!
Quote:
• I distinctly remember the Kwid’s ride quality to be superior; that’s an advantage the Renault has.
Isn't that actually frustrating!? The story of our budget car segments upto 15L. Been this way for too long now. Except for some cars equipped with the K9K and K12B - all other cars are - "One manufacturer makes a good engine. Another manufacturer makes a car that could have done justice to that engine."

Quote:
Old Bombay-Vashi bridge was opened up due to some road work on the new one. What memories! We used this bridge a lot in the 1980s & 90s. Literally a drive down memory lane:
The first thing I noticed indeed was the old bridge! Even before reading the caption. Spent a lot of my childhood traveling across this one. Even now, every time I cross from Vashi to Mankhurd - be it in car or in the good old sub-train, I look towards this bridge. The one that they predicted was going to collapse in a decade or less...Stands & works when needed 2 decades later too.

(All my close family is Mumbai-kar. Spread across Navi Mumbai & good old Bombay!)
Reinhard is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 12:36   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean a full-fledged Official review is not coming?

First of all, Maruti should stop calling this car a Mini SUV. Kwid was not a Mini SUV nither this S-presso. S-presso looks ugly in all the photos but somehow it looks ok in Real. I mean, it looks good in MS Arena when it's positioned with an ALto.

This is a car designed /launched for first-time buyers. And it has all the things and features which a first-time buyer wants in his/her car. The sales number is already started leading the charts. That is proof that the first-time buyer segment has accepted this car wholeheartedly.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 12:54   #704
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Does this mean a full-fledged Official review is not coming?
Of course, the Official Review will come! This is just a small teaser, while we are (currently) driving & shooting the S-Presso.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 13:04   #705
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Of course, the Official Review will come! This is just a small teaser, while we are (currently) driving & shooting the S-Presso

The teaser itself is amazing. Great stuff.

Quote:
Crazy-intelligent Google now suggesting destinations based on where you are. I was in New Bombay and it suggested Godrej City, Panvel as the 2nd choice (I keep going there as my brother has invested in some property there):

Happens in iphone too. The moment I connect my phone to my Tigors bluetooth, google maps automatically shows me a notification on my phone saying time to destination, the suggested location changes depending on the time (eg. home or gym)
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed