Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2020, 23:48   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs

My Dad got his Spresso serviced last week (first free service). Although there was nothing wrong with the car per se, the clutch had a very precise biting point due to which she would stall if not accelerated a little at standstill. It wasn't a show stopper in any way but Maruti service adjusted the clutch without us telling anything to them and now the car feels just alright. My dad is more happy as he used to stall it on inclines a lot but now he doesn't. Anyone facing same thing ?

The more I drive this small car compared to a bigger one, the more bouncy the ride feels, although I attribute it purely to physics, she is too narrow and a bit too tall, so...
Old 16th January 2020, 15:05   #797
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

After the Spresso test drive last week, yesterday we test drove the Kwid AMT facelift, just to re-confirm on the Spresso decision. My wife, who will actually be using the car is completely sold over the Kwid facelift. No doubt its a much better looking car and even interiors are impressive. To me, the Kwid did feel a bit under-powered but the auto gear shifts were pretty smooth. Wife could not make much difference between the performance or ride quality, all she cared for was the looks and that greenish colour variant. ()
I had almost made up my mind for Spresso, but this Kwid test drive adds confusion. Wife really disapproves the way Spresso looks and the finish, especially under those massive wheel arches.

Wanted to know from the forum here that if going ahead with Kwid facelift AMT makes sense? Usage is for commuting in Bangalore mostly. Have seen a lot of comparison videos on youtube and most say the same thing: kwid is good looking and good on features, and Spresso is got better engine. All i want to know is how much better? On paper, they both have the same power at similar rpm and torque figures are almost identical too. The K10 is projected as peppy, but is the Kwid all that bad? Another aspect is that if we decide to go ahead with kwid, should we go for the Bs4 or wait for BS6 variant to launch? With more checks in the exhaust, could the engine become more lethargic?
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 15:09   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
After the Spresso test drive last week, yesterday we test drove the Kwid AMT facelift, just to re-confirm on the Spresso decision. My wife, who will actually be using the car is completely sold over the Kwid facelift. No doubt its a much better looking car and even interiors are impressive. To me, the Kwid did feel a bit under-powered but the auto gear shifts were pretty smooth. Wife could not make much difference between the performance or ride quality, all she cared for was the looks and that greenish colour variant. ()
I had almost made up my mind for Spresso, but this Kwid test drive adds confusion. Wife really disapproves the way Spresso looks and the finish, especially under those massive wheel arches.

Wanted to know from the forum here that if going ahead with Kwid facelift AMT makes sense? Usage is for commuting in Bangalore mostly. Have seen a lot of comparison videos on Youtube and most say the same thing: kwid is good looking and good on features, and Spresso is got better engine. All i want to know is how much better? On paper, they both have the same power at similar rpm and torque figures are almost identical too. The K10 is projected as peppy, but is the Kwid all that bad? Another aspect is that if we decide to go ahead with kwid, should we go for the Bs4 or wait for BS6 variant to launch? With more checks in the exhaust, could the engine become more lethargic?
All the gaga aside, make sure the person for whom the car is being bought is happy and content.
Happiness isn’t a quantitative factor and you can’t equate it with a ‘better engine’.

As they say, a happy wife = a happy life.
bhphog is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 16:32   #799
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this grey Spresso today. The skid plates, spoiler and bigger tyres (must be 165 section) did make the car look way better than the stock car.

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-img_20200116_1613527592.jpg

The driver was also doing consistent triple digit speeds. Guess the 1.0 is pretty peppy considering the low kerb weight of the car.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 16:31   #800
BHPian

Happened to notice this on Maruti's website - the Passenger airbag on the S-Presso seems to be of different shape and size. The ones on Alto (and Celerio, Wagon R) seems to be of bigger size. Including a pic comparing the two.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-passenger-airbag-spresso-vs-alto.png  

styx71 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 18:30   #801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Happened to notice this on Maruti's website - the Passenger airbag on the S-Presso seems to be of different shape and size. The ones on Alto (and Celerio, Wagon R) seems to be of bigger size. Including a pic comparing the two.
Size of the airbag when inflated depends on the expected movement of the occupant during a crash. It also depends upon how much cabin space is available in that car. In a car which is quite compact and the front cabin space is less, the airbag will be smaller else it will explode right on the face of the occupant. For a car like the WagonR where there is comparatively more space, the airbag displacement will also be bigger. Hence, the airbag shape and size varies between car to car. Also in the Alto and WagonR the airbag inflates from the top of the dashboard whereas i believe in the S Presso it is right in the front of the dashboard.

Last edited by audioholic : 18th January 2020 at 18:32.
Old 24th January 2020, 13:59   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki starts exporting S-Presso micro SUV.

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-marutispressoexports1.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-marutispressoexports2.jpg

Maruti S-Presso, the SUV'ish hatchback. EDIT : Launched at Rs. 3.69 lakhs-marutispressoexports3.jpg

The consignments have left for global markets including parts of Asia, Latin America and Africa regions.

The company has sold over 35,000 units of S-Presso since its launch in September 2019 in the domestic market.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th January 2020 at 14:27.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 15:47   #803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki starts exporting S-Presso micro SUV.

The consignments have left for global markets including parts of Asia, Latin America and Africa regions.
The vessel Morning Calm seems to have recently departed from Singapore towards Laem Chabang, Thailand. So apparently this batch in pictures is headed for SEA countries.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 18:54   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

S Presso's customer buying pattern reveled:

- Majority of sales are from Rural, semi-urban India.

- Every second Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is sold in regions other than Tier 1 cities

- Aspiration to purchase cars with SUV-ish design has been surging in both urban and rural areas.

-48 % of the bookings are from non Tier 1 cities

- Feature loaded variant and unconventional colors are seen in the booking patter of Tier 2 and 3 cities.

- 97% of total bookings are for the top two variants- VXI & VXI+

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th January 2020 at 19:02.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 20:58   #805
BHPian

I've been seeing s presso in Nepal for a couple of months already. Here, it retails for 14 lacs INR.
Old 24th January 2020, 21:54   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
I've been seeing s presso in Nepal for a couple of months already. Here, it retails for 14 lacs INR.
What in the holy world man 14 lacks INR did you say? My eyes are hurting and ears are bleeding seeing this info Please someone educate me the reason behind this cost
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 22:23   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
What in the holy world man 14 lacks INR did you say? My eyes are hurting and ears are bleeding seeing this info Please someone educate me the reason behind this cost
One of the reasons is because 1 INR = 1.6 Nepali rupee.

Btw, the honeymoon period is over for Spresso I guess.

The once complacent Maruti sales people who boasted there were no offers, not even exchange offers on Spresso, called me and offered a 15k exchange bonus now.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 19:58   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti S-Presso CNG specs & trims revealed, to be launched at Auto Expo 2020.

Quote:
The Maruti S-Presso CNG will be powered by the bi-fuel variant of the Maruti S-Presso's BS-VI K10B 1.0L naturally aspirated three-cylinder petrol engine. It will produce a maximum power of 43.5 kW (59.14 PS) at 5,500 rpm running on CNG. The maximum power in petrol mode will be 50 kW (67.98 PS), delivered at the same engine speed - 5,500 rpm. A 5-speed manual transmission will be standard in the CNG variant
Quote:
The Maruti S-Presso CNG will be available in four trims namely LXI, LXI (O), VXI and VXI(O). The LXi trim includes features like side body cladding, digital driver information display, sunvisor, AC, power steering, ABS with EBD, driver-side airbag, speed alert system, reverse parking sensors and front seatbelt reminder.

The VXi trim adds roof antenna, body-coloured bumpers, full wheel covers, fuel consumption, headlamp on warning, gearshift indicator and distance-to-empty display on the instrument cluster, remote keyless entry, accessory socket, two-speaker audio system with Bluetooth, USB & Aux, SmartPlay Dock, speed-sensitive door lock and central door locking features.

The LXi (O) and VXi (O) trims differ from the LXi and VXi trims respectively with the inclusion of passenger-side airbag and front seatbelt pre-tensioner and force limiter.

Maruti Suzuki has started using 'S-CNG' suffix in the name of its CNG vehicles, and so, expect the S-Presso CNG to be launched as S-Presso S-CNG
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th January 2020 at 20:00.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 16:40   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Taxation. 240% flat on any car with ICE. Fortunately, Kona is just 35 lacs INR. Hope they price Nexon EV aggressively here.
amitjha086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 16:50   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
Taxation. 240% flat on any car with ICE.
Thanks amithjha for enlightening me, I was not aware how exorbitant the taxes are in Nepal. I'm not sure if there is a dedicated thread for Nepal on our forum.

what do normal middle class folks drive in Nepal? And what Indian import is considered to be aspirational and status symbol.

Coming back to S-presso, how is the response there?

Thanks
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks