Fog lamps
Optional ABS and EBD
Central locking
12V socket
Left ORVM...
Maruti Swift
The Price of the Vxi, which is similar trim to Vdi = 426000
The Price of Lxi which is similar to Ldi = 399000
So the pricing is 70000+ on the diesel, which is, frankly speaking not a good deal if Hyundai brings the getz at about 30-50,000 above the petrol model.

Here is delhi price list : Maruti Udyog Ltd: Maruti 800, Alto, Zen, Wagonr, Versa, Esteem, Baleno, Grand Vitara, Gypsy, finance, insurance, accessories, true value, fleet management solutions
The deal isnt as sweet as it looks. My friend recently got a swift VXi for 4.35 Lakhs all inclusive with some freebies like mats and stuff. Now the same speced swift the Vdi will cost atleast 5.5 Lakhs on-road since it wont be having any discounts as of now, so its around 1.15 Lakhs over the petrol version, which ain't cheap.
Old 24th January 2007, 15:36   #32
Senior - BHPian

If thats the way it is then the VDi in Mumbai will easily cross the 6 lakh mark . Not a good price for a hatch really. Hyundai may just have the last laugh when they bring out the Getz CRDi
Old 24th January 2007, 15:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The launch of new FIAT Palio with the same 1.3 Multijet is almost confirmed for March, 2007. Yippie......... time to rejoice.
I don't think the Palio will get the Multi-jet engine. Is this from a confirmed source? Going by Fiat's track record, I don't think the Palio multi-jet will here by March 2009!

It will be funny to see Fiat multi-jets getting outsold month after month by a company that took the engine under licence from them! If this insult doesn't wake up the Italians then they deserve to be in the doldrums that they are.
Old 24th January 2007, 15:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

I wont buy this.

Overpriced by at least 25k, in my opinion. And the price will increase later on.

IMO Getz CRDi will be a much better bet, being more spacious and practical.

BUT.... the Logan is going to eat both of them for lunch and dinner.

Last edited by DCEite : 24th January 2007 at 15:41.
Old 24th January 2007, 15:41   #35
BHPian

Buying a hatchback at premium price. I don't think Indian market is ready for that. I don't think it will affect swift petrol. Diesel option may sell well initially but the sales will drop as soon as other options like Logan, Dicors from Tata enter the same price range. Initially, Maruti will cash on swift existing image.
Old 24th January 2007, 15:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I don't think the Palio will get the Multi-jet engine. Is this from a confirmed source? Going by Fiat's track record, I don't think the Palio multi-jet will here by March 2009!

It will be funny to see Fiat multi-jets getting outsold month after month by a company that took the engine under licence from them! If this insult doesn't wake up the Italians then they deserve to be in the doldrums that they are.
I think it will co-incide with the launch of fresher looking Palio. I don't think FIAT can afford to wait any longer since their cars are hardly moving out of showroom. With fresh investement into the indian operations and some important announcements, i am sure that it will come and cheaper than swift as well.
Old 24th January 2007, 15:45   #37
Team-BHP Support

funny thing Bangalore price for swift is lesser than delhi, check for petrol variants in both location, bangalore is 2 k cheaper!!!

or has the petrol swift hiked after new years

anyways lets try a diesel testdrive and decide if the additional 70 k is justified
Old 24th January 2007, 15:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Leaving out the left ORVM in the Ldi is silly really. That is something which should be there even on the most base model of any car today. I dont understand what kind of cost cutting is this?

I think its there on the Lxi or isnt it?
No, Lxi does not come with left ORVM.

Swift's ORVMs (or rather their casings) are huge and the ORVMs also do not fold fully. This often creates problems while driving in narrow lanes and congested roads. Also when your garage/parking space is narrow.

Same is the case with some other cars also - Indica, Palio, for eg. The ORVMs protrude too much and do not fold fully.

I recently removed the left ORVM in my Adventure because of this. I find the combination of right ORVM and the inside one more than adequate.
Old 24th January 2007, 15:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

With these prices Tata is not going to be a worried lot at all. Tata will only have the Logan on their mind. An Indigo might be cheaper than the Swift diesel too and its a workhorse at that and definately more comfy than the Swift if not good to drive
Old 24th January 2007, 15:58   #40
BHPian

we always had an idea about the kind of car swift diesel will going to be. The only inquisitive aspect was pricing. Why one would buy a hatchback when you can get spacious cars with almost similar pricing.
Old 24th January 2007, 16:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post

The introductory price of the two versions 'LDi' and 'VDi' are Rs 4.68 lakh and 4.96 lakh respectively, ex showroom Delhi.
Out of these figures, how many thousands go to FIAT by way of royalty for the engine? Any guesses?

Last edited by directinjection : 24th January 2007 at 16:02.
Old 24th January 2007, 16:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
If thats the way it is then the VDi in Mumbai will easily cross the 6 lakh mark . Not a good price for a hatch really. Hyundai may just have the last laugh when they bring out the Getz CRDi
I doubt Dippy because as of now a similar spec Getz costs much more than a Swift so pricing Getz Lower than Swift seems unlikely although if it does happen then its gonna kill Swift as well some mid size cars as well because Getz is really very roomy & well built
Old 24th January 2007, 16:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Ya Techno actually realised that.. Completely forgot about the Logan that time. Well the Swift and Getz diesel will be killed if Mahindra gets it right
Old 24th January 2007, 16:41   #44
Team-BHP Support

With recent price cuts Getz costs almost same as swift in similar trim give or take 10K.
Maruti has priced the diesel 70K above the petrol. So all hyundai has to do it not cross the 40K mark while pricing the diesel getz, and poof, diesel getz will do to swift diesel, what swift petrol did to getz petrol
Old 24th January 2007, 16:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

But Getz diesel wont be priced 40K more than its petrol sibling! Unless offcourse Hyundai stop thinking of the Getz as God's gift to India..

Most Viewed