Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2007, 16:06   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Hyundai should just forget about getz crdi now. Why would someone care about extra leg room in getz crdi if they didn't care about it in petrol vis a vis swift.

Fiat Palio with diesel will meet the same fate too. I think Swift-DI will rule and the only competition could be from Logan.
Let Hyundai try... And try hard...

Afterall... We customers are the ones benifitting from their rivalries...
Old 25th January 2007, 16:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat Palio with diesel will meet the same fate too. I think Swift-DI will rule and the only competition could be from Logan. I dont understand why Fiat+Tata is causing so much excitement. One is a non-player with quality and the other with everything else.
Well well well... i dont think you would have said the same thing before Swift diesel was launched.
I for one would buy the Palio with JTD anyday A.S.S or no A.S.S since the engine would be used by almost every manufacturer except hyundai, but i still have hope from FIAT.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 25th January 2007 at 16:19.
Old 25th January 2007, 19:14   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAR_GOD_666 View Post
hey guy's got any idea of th swift diesel priced apart from delhi. who ever got a clear price spec please let me know soon. cause i am goin to take a mid seg car within 1 week ..so got any advice for this newbie please pass it on..t.c
hey, i found out the prices this afternoon..sorry didn't post it earlier. In bangalore the
Ldi is 532919 and
Vdi is 565069 and
Vdi with Abs is 593299.
Pretty decent i must say and this includes E.W(extended warranty for the third year/60,000) kms which is optional in my opinion.
Old 25th January 2007, 19:28   #94
Senior - BHPian

Lets keep in mind that the Swift-D gets a 8% excise sop unlike the petrol version. So, the diesel is about 1.5 lakhs more expensive,logically!
Old 25th January 2007, 21:41   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Lets keep in mind that the Swift-D gets a 8% excise sop unlike the petrol version. So, the diesel is about 1.5 lakhs more expensive,logically!
Isnt U-VA overpriced on similar lines? Anyways, why bother?? Especially when what you get is this gem of a Diesel, in the body of a swift, and above all, it comes with a Maruti badge!

Last edited by Equus : 25th January 2007 at 22:01.
Old 25th January 2007, 21:49   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai should just forget about getz crdi now. Why would someone care about extra leg room in getz crdi if they didn't care about it in petrol vis a vis swift.
Hyundai CRDI engines have many fans in India. If they have learnt anything about pricing so far and get it right this time, they should be able to get decent numbers. There is certainly enough space for both Getz and Swift to co-exist looking at our growth numbers.

Good point on the leg room. I think industry rags played a big part in hyping the Getz way up before the release. The value seeking India buyer didnt really want a supermini at a super price!
Old 25th January 2007, 21:53   #97
Senior - BHPian

I feel Swift Diesel is over priced compared to its Petrol but its the price for that great refinement, its worth only for Diesel lovers and for guys who travel more than 3000KM every month.

Person who clocks more than 30,000KM every year can save little money with Swift Diesel after using it for more than 2 years.

But its difficult to try out right now this overpriced swift Diesel from Maruti which is known for economy cars rather luxury and quality! UVA is another car in this segment which appears overpriced but it has better quality than Swift.

With lot of options (swift,uva,pailo ..) overpriced Getz sale affected badly...

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 25th January 2007, 22:34   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
But its difficult to try out right now this overpriced swift Diesel from Maruti which is known for economy cars rather luxury and quality! UVA is another car in this segment which appears overpriced but it has better quality than Swift.

With lot of options (swift,uva,pailo ..) overpriced Getz sale affected badly...
U-VA doesnt appear overpriced... Its is overpriced... The top-end U-VA costs more than Swift ZXi (ZXi with all fancy you could think of)... Also, makes simliar spec U-VA almost as expesive as Swift VDi...
Old 25th January 2007, 23:14   #99
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanbajaj View Post
hey, i found out the prices this afternoon..sorry didn't post it earlier. In bangalore the
Ldi is 532919 and
Vdi is 565069 and
Vdi with Abs is 593299.
Pretty decent i must say and this includes E.W(extended warranty for the third year/60,000) kms which is optional in my opinion.
I got my VXi with ABS, with 40K (dec'06)discount on road for Rs.4,50,000. It is difference of Rs.1,43,000. Does it really worth so much to pay for diesel, irrespective of Gen-X tech engine. Also the insurance cost will be more around Rs.3000/pa for atleast first 4 yrs. In addition, the service may be once in 5,000KMs(my assumption, correct me if I am worng), with all this what are we getting is around 18-20kmpl in city driving. To break even the cost, it has to be run for atleast 1,00,000KMs, by that time diesel engine is diesel engine, conisdering it is high bar(pressure) engine overhaul will be easily Rs.50K+. Except torque, I am not seeing additional value out of diesel Swift

This is what by brain puts up, however heart says it is new technology.

regards,
-manju
Old 26th January 2007, 14:00   #100
Team-BHP Support

We are not talking about discounts here, but the real price difference of around 80K.
In Dec 07 even swift diesel will be sold for a discount, as it is with any car.
So if we assume that the cost of maintainance of diesel is 20K more than petrol(which is again heresay) then the total cost to recover is around 100,000.
50,000kms is all that is needed.
IF somebody is doing this in 2-3 years it makes a lot of sense.
Old 26th January 2007, 14:11   #101
Senior - BHPian

Yes thats right TSK, I felt similar conclusion about any Diesel car, I would buy Diesel vehicle If initial cost difference is not more than 30K.

Then Diesel makes lot of sense otherwise definately Petrol anyday. I am disappointed on Swift Diesel pricing. I thought at least Maruti will price its Diesel car right!

Still Swift Petrol makes lot of sense over its diesel counterpart.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 26th January 2007, 14:48   #102
BHPian

The effective cost difference of Diesel is around 100,000 if you consider the sales schemes etc for the prices released in Delhi and current sales schemes. Below is an example of high usage of around 20000km per yr. The Diesel Swift will take more than 3 yrs to break even !

Old 26th January 2007, 14:57   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Petrol is 47 in ND ??! We pay 52.3 here in Karnataka
Old 26th January 2007, 15:04   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
What is the figure of 5,12,000 for LXi??? On-road price???

Are you comapring showroom price of petrol variant, and On-road price of diesel varaint???

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th January 2007 at 15:06.
Old 26th January 2007, 15:08   #105
BHPian

The calculations above make you think don't they?

The prices are approximate On Road Prices for DELHI. For eg Swift Lxi - Approx On Road cost of 426000 less 18000 discount in Accessories or cash discount - So net On Road cost is 408,000. For Swift Ldi there will be no sales schemes and approx on road cost will be 512,000.

theMag, No, high speed is also close to 52 in Delhi as well. 47 is for normal. Idea is to see the break even point. If the usage is say 1000 k.m. per month then it will take many years to offset the excess cost. Price for the latest technology is always high.

Swift Petrol is a better choice basis needs of normal usage. Besides Swift can be converted to CNG after 2 yrs or so. CNG normally costs 19-20 Rs in various cities . And it's prices will not rise with prices of Petrol or Diesel. Or hope so.

IMHO the Swift Diesel is over priced for a normal consumer. However for the Diesel cars in the Indian market as of now, it is priced right in between.

Last edited by Tech : 26th January 2007 at 15:20.

Most Viewed