Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 21:21   #61
Team-BHP Support

I see many guys talking about Getz CRDi going to come at lesser price???

But, hyundai has always commanded a premium on their CRDi versions...

Proof, is the Accent CRDi which costs a lakh over a similar loaded petrol... Verna CRDi (with almost no fancy equipment) costs A bit more than fully loaded petrol version... I also think, Getz CRDi will be a good car... But, dont think Hyundai will be able to beat the pricing... Or come anywhere close to it...

Logan... No comments... Let it come out first...

I hope Maruti give fabolous discounts for the petrol swift...
Old 24th January 2007, 21:21   #62

In Mar 2006 , GM divested 17% of their holdings in Suzuki.
Now GM has just 3%. of Suzuki.

General Motors to Sell 17.4 Percent Equity Stake in Suzuki
Old 24th January 2007, 22:49   #63
BHPian

Anyone test ride the car ?

Not sure, but did any have a chance to test drive the car.
Old 24th January 2007, 22:50   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's pricing is everyone's envy. So long as the diesel Swift is less than 6.5 lacs on road for all variants, this car is going to set the sales charts on fire - provided Maruti does effective PR owing to their earlier nasty Peugeot diesels
Old 24th January 2007, 23:17   #65
BHPian

I wonder why they did not launch a fully loaded ZDi model? Even if the selling no. is low, it can be show cased in the ads like they do for the Petrol ZXi.

Any idea what are the margins that the dealers have on each model? Are they similar or are they different? I was wondering because most of the sales guys try and push the VXi variant though the ZXi would mean a bigger sale value.
Old 24th January 2007, 23:41   #66
BHPian

everyone is talking abt how maruti isnt acknowledging Fiat for the JTD engine. if u cud recall, GM paid around a billion-odd-$$$s to Fiat to end their "one-night stand". the JTD is the child of that honeymoon. and at that time, Suzuki played the role of GM's share. so, at the end of it all, when the smoke settles down, the fact of the matter is, MarutiSuzuki doesnt owe a sh*t to Fiat Auto Spa. Hence no mention.

@sharathjeppu: me too was wondering the same thing. Why not a ZDi? If and only if I will consider a Petrol Swift over the Petrol Getz, it'll only be because of the ZXi-version. I mean, its been packed to the brim. What can you ask for more in a hatch [considering u are in India]?
and as for the adverts, Maruti may still use the existing ones, and just add the line at the end -- "Accessories shown may not be part of Standard Equipment"

One very interesting piece of Automobilie is, well the Renault Logan. If Mahindra gets it right, its the end of time for Tata and Swift-D. And to a certain extent, the Fiesta,Verna and Aveo.

I think, before ending this long speech, I must also address the poor old chaps at Fiat India Automobiles Limited, shun't I?
Well here gooess....

*cough* *cough*

Yours Truly.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by GTO : 25th January 2007 at 09:56. Reason: foul lang
amitverma is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th January 2007, 00:39   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post

One very interesting piece of Automobilie is, well the Renault Logan. If Mahindra gets it right, its the end of time for Tata and Swift-D. And to a certain extent, the Fiesta,Verna and Aveo.

Yours Truly.
If ...that the main word there...well with blan looks and their first car together...my guess that its going to be a slow start for this partnership.
but all the best to them..
Old 25th January 2007, 01:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
everyone is talking abt how maruti isnt acknowledging Fiat for the JTD engine. if u cud recall, GM paid around a billion-odd-$$$s to Fiat to end their "one-night stand". the JTD is the child of that honeymoon. and at that time, Suzuki played the role of GM's share. so, at the end of it all, when the smoke settles down, the fact of the matter is, MarutiSuzuki doesnt owe a sh*t to Fiat Auto Spa. Hence no mention.
Does Ford need to mention PSA Peugeot on a badge on the Fiesta 1.4 TDCi? Not really. The 1.3 JTD was a joint development programme between GM and Fiat. They both put money in it. So GM has as much right to sell it to anybody as does Fiat. Charity (letting go of an engine for GM) and Politeness (carrying the developer's badge on the engine)... er isn't that asking too much from manufacturers?
Old 25th January 2007, 03:42   #69
BHPian

I guess not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
If indica DICOR comes at same price as current turbo then swift will have a fight on its hands.
I am sure, TATA will have quality issues as they always have / had. Guess it will never be history in TATA's diary and will be a never ending story.

I remember BUSA's photographs about the new TATA Indigo XL, still with plastic feel and panel gaps etc. Also Varun Roy's case in this forum.
I know their cars are VFM. But still i am not really keen on TATA products. (Very personal).

I understand that LDi version of Swift is some where near 4.68. (guess its the ex-showroom), I cant imagine Indica DICOR DLS or DLG priced at 4.68 or above (Indica DLS or DLG can be compared to Swift LDi (In terms of model) ). Correct me if i am wrong.

Well, I have no issues about thinking about Swift for 4.68 Lak, where as i would think n number of times to buy TATA Dicor for that price. You get peace of mind with Swift and i am afraid you wont get the same when you buy TATA.

I bet 1.3 Swift engine would run for about 2.5 lak Kms without any hassles. And it's a known fact that TATA's engine ( current ) blows out soon after a lakh or one and a half. (Seen and heard this from Friends car & my company's cabbies respectively).

I think, Maruthi wont have quality issues like TATA. I did, own a Zen Di for almost 2 years. And i did not have any issues at all with the car. Infact much refined than V2. (I know comparing TUD5 and TATA's Engine is no match)...

People will still go for Maruthi....
Old 25th January 2007, 07:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone give credit to Bosch on their websites or the engines?
Old 25th January 2007, 08:32   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
I am sure, TATA will have quality issues as they always have / had. Guess it will never be history in TATA's diary and will be a never ending story.

I remember BUSA's photographs about the new TATA Indigo XL, still with plastic feel and panel gaps etc. Also Varun Roy's case in this forum.
I know their cars are VFM. But still i am not really keen on TATA products. (Very personal).

I understand that LDi version of Swift is some where near 4.68. (guess its the ex-showroom), I cant imagine Indica DICOR DLS or DLG priced at 4.68 or above (Indica DLS or DLG can be compared to Swift LDi (In terms of model) ). Correct me if i am wrong.

Well, I have no issues about thinking about Swift for 4.68 Lak, where as i would think n number of times to buy TATA Dicor for that price. You get peace of mind with Swift and i am afraid you wont get the same when you buy TATA.

I bet 1.3 Swift engine would run for about 2.5 lak Kms without any hassles. And it's a known fact that TATA's engine ( current ) blows out soon after a lakh or one and a half. (Seen and heard this from Friends car & my company's cabbies respectively).

I think, Maruthi wont have quality issues like TATA. I did, own a Zen Di for almost 2 years. And i did not have any issues at all with the car. Infact much refined than V2. (I know comparing TUD5 and TATA's Engine is no match)...

People will still go for Maruthi....

If Indica DiCOR doesnt drop its price. Its in trouble... People would prefer the Maruti over the Tata... Indica is still not refined, and NVH levels are an issue...

Also... there is the image that indica is a base model, and the Swift is a premium hatch... Going by the specs, Swift should offer better performance too...
Old 25th January 2007, 08:54   #72
BHPian

Build quality is still the same for swift. Palio is very sturdy. I am sure if palio is competitively priced with swift. Palio sales will surely pick up. There are still many lovers for fiat in India.
Old 25th January 2007, 09:01   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Build quality is still the same for swift. Palio is very sturdy. I am sure if palio is competitively priced with swift. Palio sales will surely pick up. There are still many lovers for fiat in India.
Palio's problem is not price... It's problem is not even with the car...

Palio is one of the best VFM cars out there... With close to 50k discounts, its already very much cheaper than Swift... But, sales are not coming, cause the people have lost their belief in FIAT A.S.S

As palio diesel wont be sold and serviced by TATA... Dont think, sales are going to pick up... (For the diesel model)
Old 25th January 2007, 09:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Palio's problem is not price... It's problem is not even with the car...

Palio is one of the best VFM cars out there... With close to 50k discounts, its already very much cheaper than Swift... But, sales are not coming, cause the people have lost their belief in FIAT A.S.S

As palio diesel wont be sold and serviced by TATA... Dont think, sales are going to pick up... (For the diesel model)
yes I agree with you. But people are aware with the fact the current palio is being faced out. With the launch of new palio, you will see changes in strategy w.r.t A.S.S. Palio will earn reputation but surely it will come with time.
Old 25th January 2007, 10:26   #75
BHPian

I was at Mandovi Motors Bangalore service station to collect my car after servicing, I got to see the Swift diesel VDi which was being cleaned for launch in Bangalore today (sorry no pics). The engine noise levels were very low compared to other diesel engine cars, this is when the hood was up. wow I am impressed..

The engineer there was mentioning the car to have amazing low end power and is a dream to drive within the city. There are no differences between the Swift Vxi and VDi except for the engine and the gear box..

Cant wait for someone to give a detailed review on this goody from Maruti...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks