Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2007, 10:32   #76
BHPian

Yeah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
The engine noise levels were very low compared to other diesel engine cars, this is when the hood was up. wow I am impressed..

Cant wait for someone to give a detailed review on this goody from Maruti...
Wow, Wow and Wow ! There you go. No wonder they are boasing that it's one of the spohisticated tech's used......

Btw: I did a rough Math:
Ex-showroom price in Coimbatore.
Swift VDi: INR 5,00,869 - Ex-Show room.
Approx Insurance: INR 17,500
Approx Road Tax: 6% in Tamil Nadu : INR 30,052
Approx Regn & extra : INR 3,000

Looks like On-Road price there would be: INR 5,51,421....

Correct me if i am wrong.....

Last edited by nevertouchme : 25th January 2007 at 10:45.
Old 25th January 2007, 11:52   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
The engineer there was mentioning the car to have amazing low end power and is a dream to drive within the city.
I doubt the engineer knows what he is talking about. I have skimmed through the latest ACI test drive of the Swift VDi and I remember reading that there is a bit of a turbo lag which makes it a bit of a handfull to drive in the city. Hormazd mentioned that variable geometry would have made low end response much better. It was clearly written that the car is a superb highway performer. They said it can do true top speeds of almost 155-160kmph!
Old 25th January 2007, 12:03   #78
Team-BHP Support

Autocar has given the swift a thumbs up.
Its quicker in gear 20-80(3rd) 40-100(4th) than a Verna!
Turbo lag is not that big a deal as its made out to be. After a little practice you don't even feel it.
Swift diesel does 0-100 in 13.xx which is a second slower than petrol and hits a true 160kmph, what better performance does anybody want in a compact diesel?
Old 25th January 2007, 12:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Tata is already putting in DICOR in the indigo range. So no hope for Fiat 1.3 on Tata.
From Tata Motors press release dated 14 December, 2006 (check the words in bold):

Mr. Ratan N. Tata, Chairman of Tata Motors, declared: "This strategic alliance with Fiat enables the two Companies jointly to present a wider range of product offerings to the Indian market. It enables Tata Motors to access world-class powertrains from Fiat for its next generation car offerings while enhancing the model line at its dealerships. Fiat's current cars are attractive in their styling and impressive in their performance. I am sure they will be as appealing to Indian customers as they have been to those of Western European markets."

So, one can reasonably expect the upcoming next generation Indica/Indigo/Marina to feature 1.3 multijet, at least as an option.

It is also noteworthy that the Ranjangaon plant has the capacity to manufacture 2,00,000 engines annually. It is unlikely that FIAT India would have such a big requirement even after they've launched the Grand Punto.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

I just hope this doesnt open up the taxi segment for the Swift
Indica/Indigo - please continue to rule that!

Last edited by Equus : 25th January 2007 at 13:13.
Old 25th January 2007, 13:40   #81
BHPian

hey guy's got any idea of th swift diesel priced apart from delhi. who ever got a clear price spec please let me know soon. cause i am goin to take a mid seg car within 1 week ..so got any advice for this newbie please pass it on..t.c
Old 25th January 2007, 13:55   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAR_GOD_666 View Post
hey guy's got any idea of th swift diesel priced apart from delhi. who ever got a clear price spec please let me know soon. cause i am goin to take a mid seg car within 1 week ..so got any advice for this newbie please pass it on..t.c
Pick up the phone and call up a maruti dealer. They will tell you the prices! It is not that hard, believe me, phone numbers involve 10 digits max or 11 if you count the leading zero.
Old 25th January 2007, 14:08   #83
BHPian

Hey Cargod
maruti web site gives complete price list for all locations
Old 25th January 2007, 14:08   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I just hope this doesnt open up the taxi segment for the Swift
Indica/Indigo - please continue to rule that!
hey, i think you have done just that. why not ? swift diesel taxi. would be fun to travel in one.
Old 25th January 2007, 14:16   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
would be fun to travel in one.
But not to own one :|
Old 25th January 2007, 14:18   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
yes I agree with you. But people are aware with the fact the current palio is being faced out. With the launch of new palio, you will see changes in strategy w.r.t A.S.S. Palio will earn reputation but surely it will come with time.
Phased out????

Isnt it just a facelift??? The rest of it is the same vehicle... Although, with a new engine option... The interiors remain unchanged mostly...

Cant be called as a 'new' car...

MY FRIEND HAS BOOKED SWIFT VDi...

Will get the car delivered on monday, or tuesday (cause of all holidays till then)... Will post detailed reports and pics ASAP... As far as i could gather, the car is refined than even the Ford fiesta at low revs... (He owns a fiesta TDCi too)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th January 2007 at 14:22.
Old 25th January 2007, 14:20   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Phased out????

Isnt it just a facelift??? The rest of it is the same vehicle... Although, with a new engine option... The interiors remain unchanged mostly...

Cant be called as a 'new' car...
Bro, welcome to the world of Indian Motoring !!
Old 25th January 2007, 15:42   #88
Senior - BHPian

Just called Berkeley and Modern Automobiles.

The Berkeley Lady didn't even knew that there is Swift Diesel launched. Had to wait for 20 mins to get a reply "Yes it will be available by 4 PM"

Then called Modern. They are so modern that the guy said it will be launched next month wow!!!!! Told him to confirm. Was on Hold for 10 mins and he confirms "Sorry sir i didn't knew. The car will be available by evening".

Phew....

Last edited by abhibh : 25th January 2007 at 15:44.
Old 25th January 2007, 15:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai should just forget about getz crdi now. Why would someone care about extra leg room in getz crdi if they didn't care about it in petrol vis a vis swift.

Fiat Palio with diesel will meet the same fate too. I think Swift-DI will rule and the only competition could be from Logan. I dont understand why Fiat+Tata is causing so much excitement. One is a non-player with quality and the other with everything else.
Old 25th January 2007, 15:50   #90
Team-BHP Support

There was a feature on the Headlines today newschannel at 9:30PM yesterday about the Swift's Diesel debut. Also, today's TOI (Bangalore edition) motoring supplement had a front page article stating the diesel avatar was due soon, or something like that.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks