Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2007, 18:48   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakthivelm View Post
Suzuki UK site shows that suzuki swift 1.3 DDiS takes 5.7L per 100k m in urban driving and it takes 4L per 100 km on highway. I think that these numbers would be close to our indian version too. What do you guys think?. check Welcome to Suzuki .
In UK/US in cities one can easily drive at 40-50 kmph. So in Indian cities milage will be less as we cannot drive at higher gears. Also the quality of fuel is much better there
Old 31st January 2007, 00:24   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
In UK/US in cities one can easily drive at 40-50 kmph. So in Indian cities milage will be less as we cannot drive at higher gears. Also the quality of fuel is much better there
True..you have more crusing speeds there, and fuel isalso superior...but still, what sort of difference do you think this will make?? The car still will be under strict diet...atleast this is what i feel.
Old 31st January 2007, 00:32   #153
Senior - BHPian

Dude check here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...est-drive.html

Adn swift weigh just less than 1100. check website 1,065 kgs (LDi), 1,075 kgs (VDi)

Gross weight is 1,490 kgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Is there any one who Test drove new Swift Diesel.

how is the drive?

how is the rattling sound of the engine?

To correct the one who talked about its weight around 1000-1100 KGS

Its wrong, diesel Swift weighs 1300+ KGS.
Old 1st February 2007, 11:54   #154
BHPian

Everyone is talking only about the FE. I personally dont like Swift for 3 reasons:

1. Cramped inside
2. Crappy interiors (dashboard, doors, trim)
3. Bulbous butt, narrowing head

The diesel engine sounds a good proposition, but if only the car is nicer from the inside. IMO the same engine in UVA must be a killer combination.
Old 1st February 2007, 12:02   #155
rkg
Senior - BHPian

i have one doubt. how a car which is bigger by length,width than indica can be cramped inside? any idea.
Old 1st February 2007, 12:38   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
i have one doubt. how a car which is bigger by length,width than indica can be cramped inside? any idea.
Its not as cramped as its made out to be...

Its certainly not as spacious as the Getz or the U-VA... But its not too small inside either...

The front seats, i feel are the best in class... However, legroom at the rear is the worst paret about swift... (Though not a big enough factor not to buy it.)
Old 1st February 2007, 12:40   #157
Senior - BHPian

Excuse my ignorance. Is the engine in the diesel Swift a CRDi ?
Old 1st February 2007, 14:59   #158
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Just booked a swift diesel ldi today .. Getting delivery in two days flat .. If anyone is interested in buying a car in bangalore and need a quick delivery kindly get in touch with me ... Would love to help fellow bhpians ..
Old 1st February 2007, 15:15   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Just booked a swift diesel ldi today .. Getting delivery in two days flat .. If anyone is interested in buying a car in bangalore and need a quick delivery kindly get in touch with me ... Would love to help fellow bhpians ..

@mclaren which model have u opted for. How much onroad in b'lore, also any discount which you are getting from the company ??
Old 1st February 2007, 15:16   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
I read somewhere that in near future (2008-09?)Petrol and Diesel prices will be made almost same. Something to do with WTO.
It could very well be. Petrol and Diesel prices are similar in most developed countries.

Quote:
Is the engine in the diesel Swift a CRDi ?
Yep.

Quote:
just booked a swift diesel ldi today
Congratulations ! Is this for further cost cutting on city commuting, to fund the Baleno mods?
Old 1st February 2007, 15:22   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
@mclaren which model have u opted for. How much onroad in b'lore, also any discount which you are getting from the company ??
On road price is 535xxx , prices are likely to go up by 12k starting from tomorrow ... No discounts available .. However waiting list for the car is almost 2-3 months ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Congratulations ! Is this for further cost cutting on city commuting, to fund the Baleno mods?
No shuvc , the car is for my aunt .. However should be picking up one soon for my mom too .. Well this baleno is turning out to be trecherous .. Will have to sell of all my dads property to fund for the mods i have in plan ..
Old 1st February 2007, 15:30   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Congrats Stumpie!! Did you do a TD? How's the NVH?
Old 1st February 2007, 15:36   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congrats Stumpie!! Did you do a TD? How's the NVH?
Thanks ishaan ..
The car is good , pretty impressive though the figures of 75bhp@4000 rpm on paper didnt quite impress me .. But at 2800 revvs the front end just lifts owing to the TC kicking in .. Also the car has bucket loads and more of torque ... Over an incline revv to 1500 revvs and move and wheels spin .. All this car needs is a bigger TC or more boost and woila ...
Old 1st February 2007, 15:38   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Oh! I felt the same comparing cars, and what I found was the seat sidth/length was only 3 inches larger even though car width is 185mm large. EG: swift rear seat vs WagonR rear seat. Other example is 800 vs Alto.

The internal usable space is varies a lot and that is what influences our cramped decision.
Old 1st February 2007, 15:46   #165
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Its not as cramped as its made out to be...

Its certainly not as spacious as the Getz or the U-VA... But its not too small inside either...

The front seats, i feel are the best in class... However, legroom at the rear is the worst paret about swift... (Though not a big enough factor not to buy it.)
Hi! my doubt is where has the extra length and width(outer dimension's) have gone when compared to inner dimensions. indica is smaller in outer length and width than swift but it has more space inside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks