Team-BHP - Maruti Swift diesel @ Rs 4.68 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Swift diesel @ Rs 4.68 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20774-maruti-swift-diesel-rs-4-68-lakh.html)

Car market leader Maruti Udyog Ltd launched two variants of the diesel version of its premium hatchback 'Swift'.

The introductory price of the two versions 'LDi' and 'VDi' are Rs 4.68 lakh and 4.96 lakh respectively, ex showroom Delhi.

Swift Diesel is powered by a new generation 1.3 litre engine with five injection technology. It delivers a power of 75 bhp....

Source : Maruti Swift diesel @ Rs 4.68 lakh

Tata now has a serious fight on it's hands.

So finally the Swift diesel is out . If those are the prices in Delhi the Mumbai prices could be in the range of 5 to 5.4 lakhs just a guess. If the initial reports are anything to go by Maruti has another winner on its hands. Now I wonder when Hyundai will come out with the Getz CRDi

Prices will surely go up later but then they will surely sell alot of cars in the honeymoon period

Forget the introductory price, I want to know the real price after the imminent hike. This whole introductory price thing is another trick employed by every car maker. Sell as many as you can in the initial few months, let the product establish it's identity and then hike the prices without any corresponding decrease in sales. Smart game there. I am guessing a hike of about Rs. 10-20,000 will be done in a couple of months depending on the Logan's pricing and feature's list. What about the features? I don't think the VDi will have as many features as the Vxi. But then the Vxi is pretty sparsely equipped, I don't think there is anything that they can knock off from the Vxi! Needless to add, the car is going to be a HUGE success.

Hmmm. MUL seems to be delivering aces starting with Swift petrol, Estilo and now Swift-D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvc
Tata now has a serious fight on it's hands.

With prices hovering around and above 5lakhs, I doubt whether Tata will have serious competition for its Indica-D that comes much cheaper.

Interestingly, nowhere is it mentioned on the swift website that the engine is built under license from Fiat- but i guess that was to be expected.

I dont know the intricacies of Fiat's licensing arrangement with Suzuki, but commonsense (and standard legal practice) suggests that teh engine at least would have a sticker somewhere (visible) saying "built under licnese from fiat auto SPA)

Hi guys,
any ide whats the cost in bangalore, and OTR cost...

Maurti is spot on again with the sweet pricing! The price increase later on wont be more than 10-15K. Most folks wouldnt mind paying more if they are getting a Swift instead of the Indica!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equus (Post 360930)
Maurti is spot on again with the sweet pricing! The price increase later on wont be more than 10-15K. Most folks wouldnt mind paying more if they are getting a Swift instead of the Indica!

:Cheering:

Sweet sweet pricing... Maruti defenitly is playing in form...

However, i dont think Indica sales are gonna be hit... But, Indica turbodiesel and indigo will have tough competition...

Time to start asking parents to save money... ;)

BIG MOMMA! Maruti is on an absolute roll and the rush just never seems to stop. 4.68 is deliciously low for the entry-level variant of such a fabulous engine in a fabulous car. For the sake of a comparison, what is the delhi price for the base version of the petrol?

I think this is the final nail on the Getz' head. Think about it. Hyundai launched the Getz first and had a diesel engine ready. But Maruti beat them to bringing out the diesel hot-hatch.

Undoubtedly, a run-away success.

From what I read Logan 1.5 dci will be in the same price teritory. With our facination with sedans SWIFT Diesel will have tough competition. In fact Maruti may not be able to increase price!

I think petrol SWIFT,GETZ, UVA will have tough time.

Good pricing. I read the review in ACI and looks like this is another winner from Maruti. Maruti should make enough money on this one before spate of other diesels start coming in from other manufacturers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 360938)
I think this is the final nail on the Getz' head. Think about it. Hyundai launched the Getz first and had a diesel engine ready. But Maruti beat them to bringing out the diesel hot-hatch.

Hyundai is trying hard to bring out the CRDi getz soon..

But, this kinda pricing is going to be hard to beat... We costumers are going to have a good year... :p

with this kind of pricing i dont think the swift will manage to eat into the indica's market.the price difference is too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 360936)
however, i dont think Indica sales are gonna be hit...

I'm inclined to believe it will be - people who have the capacity to pay 50K, 1L more in that segment for a diesel , but were being forced to buy an Indica for want of any alternatives.