Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2019, 18:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW 530i now available in M Sport trim

Thanks to BHPian //M for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!

The seventh generation BMW 5-Series was launched in June 2017. At launch, the 530i was offered in the SportLine trim only, however it is now available in the M Sport trim as well.

BMW 530i now available in M Sport trim-530i-m-sport.jpg

The 530i M Sport comes equipped with the M Sport Package, which includes a front bumper with larger air vents and a dual-tone rear bumper with rectangular exhaust tips. It comes with adaptive LED headlights, LED fog lamps, glass roof and 18-inch M alloy wheels.

On the inside, the M Sport version gets Aluminium Rhombicle trim with Pearl Chrome highlights, sports seats with leather Dakota upholstery, 2-zone automatic climate control and a touchscreen infotainment system with BMW Apps, gesture control, navigation and Apple CarPlay connectivity. Other features include BMW Display Key, Remote Control Parking, Park Assistant Plus with 360-degree camera, Comfort Access System and wireless charging.

The 530i M Sport is powered by 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that produces 248 BHP @ 5,200 rpm and 350 Nm of torque @ 1,450-4,800 rpm. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission with gearshift paddles.

The BMW 530i M Sport is available in four colour options - Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Mediterranean Blue and Bluestone.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 23:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 530i now available in M Sport trim

This looks like a stock clearance of the M Sport kits that were intended for the 530d, this version should have been the original offer from BMW. I don't know why they thought petrol buyers would be interested in the lower trim when they are signing up for higher running costs upfront, mostly because they value the refinement and performance.

The buyers will still miss the 400Nm version of the 30i engine that's available on a few BMWs these days.
avira_tk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 08:03   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Attached is the full brochure shared by BHPian //M. Quite dumb to not give the 530i the head-up display. It's one of those features you don't appreciate until you start using it...then you can't do without it.

530i MSport.pdf
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:09   #4
BHPian

The Heads up display requires the special windshield, which will shoot up the price. I feel 530i is already a slow seller, shooting up the price will make it less desirable for a lot of people.

I am happy they introduced it in the M sport trim. Hated the sport line.
Planning on buying the M Sport 530i soon.

Got the estimated Ex Showroom price of Rs. 59,80,000
anarchy_99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:11   #5
Team-BHP Support

As per my known, this will be the only variant for MY2019 in Petrol. Though, given the sudden love for Petrol in NCR, they should probably have a lower spec version.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 15:33   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post

Got the estimated Ex Showroom price of Rs. 59,80,000
That's too steep. 530i sport lines with year end discounts were going at 49L OTR Mumbai

I think BMW is trying to raise the pricing of the 5 series by adding higher variants and discontinuing the sport line to make way for the all new 3 series. As in the past the 5 series always cannibalises the 3 series, but this time around they need to be careful as raising the price of the 5 too much will have the 6 GT cannibalise into the 5 too.
Sahil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 16:23   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Attached is the full brochure shared by BHPian //M. Quite dumb to not give the 530i the head-up display. It's one of those features you don't appreciate until you start using it...then you can't do without it.

Attachment 1861638
Oh! I was contemplating between Jaguar XE and the 330i and honestly HUD is one reason that tilted the balance in favor of 330i

Last edited by anandpadhye : 22nd March 2019 at 16:27.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 09:56   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quite dumb to not give the 530i the head-up display. It's one of those features you don't appreciate until you start using it...then you can't do without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Oh! I was contemplating between Jaguar XE and the 330i and honestly HUD is one reason that tilted the balance in favor of 330i
+1. HUD is a big miss in the 530i M Sport. One of the important features that made me go with the 330i GT instead of 530i sportline was the HUD (adaptive LEDs and apprehension of GC being the other factors). I don't understand the logic behind missing the HUD in the M Sport trim. Maybe BMW still wants to differentiate the 530d as more premium than the 530i.
Old 28th March 2019, 16:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

BMW 530i M Sport launched at Rs. 59.20 lakh

BMW has launched the 530i M Sport priced at Rs. 59.20 lakh (ex-showroom).

Until recently, the 530i variant of the seventh generation 5-Series was only offered in SportLine trim, however it is now available with the M Sport Package, which includes the M Aerodynamics package comprising of a front bumper with large intakes, side skirt trim and dual-tone rear bumper. It also comes with a gloss black kidney grille, twin chrome exhaust tips, 18-inch M light alloy wheels, M Sport brakes with blue calipers and 'M' logo on the sides.

BMW 530i now available in M Sport trim-02-new-bmw-530i-m-sport.jpg

Inside, the 530i M Sport comes with Sports seats, Aluminium Rhombicle interior trim with Pearl Chrome accents, M leather steering wheel, illuminated M door sill finishers and an ambient lighting package. Vehicle key with M strip is also available with this variant. Other features include BMW Display Key, 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with gesture control and Apple CarPlay connectivity, wireless charging, park assist with 360-degree camera and Comfort Access System, which includes contactless opening of the bootlid.

BMW 530i now available in M Sport trim-01-new-bmw-530i-m-sport.jpg

Powering the 530i M Sport is a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 248 BHP @ 5,200 rpm and 350 Nm of torque @ 1,450-4,800 rpm and it is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters. BMW claims the car would accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 6.2 seconds.

The driver can choose between five driving modes - Comfort, Sport, Sport+, ECO PRO and Adaptive. Safety features such a ABS with Brake Assist, Dynamic Stability Control, traction control, Cornering Brake Control, hill descent control and runflat tyres come standard.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 16:50   #10
BHPian

Way to murder the M brand by making it a trim level. I was expecting some tuning in the ride and handling department but no. But well, what ever gets the cash registers ringing I suppose.
Doge is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 18:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Way to murder the M brand by making it a trim level. I was expecting some tuning in the ride and handling department but no. But well, what ever gets the cash registers ringing I suppose.
M Sport is a trim level that's been popular for a while now, it's the bmw equivalent of avant garde or S line. It's an appearance package that is available with nearly all drive trains. It is popular in the UK, another RHD market, that's why BMW brought it here, economy of scale exists already.

I just checked the UK configurator, a 518d M Sport (150bhp) is available, the 530i sounds respectable by comparison.

Last edited by avira_tk : 28th March 2019 at 18:52. Reason: Added details UK market.
Old 28th March 2019, 19:21   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
M sport trim has been there for a long time now.

And M sport trim usually gets some performance upgrades like M Sport suspensions which are stiffer than the regular suspensions, sports steering which has different feel than regular and sports gear box which has more aggressive gear shift logic than regular trims.

And the M Sport trim also gets other cosmetic and feature upgrades like different body kit, HUD etc.

Mercedes also has something similar - AMG line vs. AMG.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 11:36   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

They seem to have removed both the Diesel and Petrol Sportline models from the line-up. There is only mention of Luxury Line and M-Sport trims on the web-site and the brochures. The entry level price point for Petrol has gone up by almost Rs. 10 Lacs (from 49.99 lacs ex-showroom at Launch to 59.20 lacs now for the only petrol trim which is M-Sport).

Surprisingly the price of the Luxury Line Diesel (base Diesel trim now) has gone up from 52 lacs to 58.7 Lacs - which translates to nearly a 10 lacs price hike on-road

https://www.bmw.in/en/ssl/configurat...B/G30/esl/new/

They seem to be clearly making room for the new 3-series in the low 40s to low 50s ex-showroom price range and perhaps the upcoming 1-series sedan to take the place of the earlier 3-series price point in the 30s lakhs.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 29th March 2019 at 11:39.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks