Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2019, 17:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon facelift - What's your Wishlist

I suspected Tata Motors may have to update Nexon with all the fresh competition coming at it, and the opportunity to standardise platforms.

Here's mu wishlist of updates to the new Nexon, posted a few days ago in the Nexon forum.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4557237 (Tata Nexon : Official Review)

What do you think Nexon needs the most?
guptad42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 19:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post

Here's mu wishlist of updates to the new Nexon, posted a few days ago in the Nexon forum.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4557237 (Tata Nexon : Official Review)

To add to your list, I wish they launch the JTP version as well. It will become the go anywhere car, be it race tracks or broken roads. It is rumoured to be launched in mid 2020, after BS-6 kicks in. This would be one heck of a package.
Old 29th March 2019, 00:18   #18
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

If the cars are indeed undergoing high altitude and cold weather testing, then it is not just a face-lift. There would be new mechanicals esp in the powertrain area. Maybe a new or updated engine or transmission or maybe even both.
Old 29th March 2019, 17:59   #19
BHPian

Looks like Carwale took some inspiration from Ashutoshb's rendering
https://www.carwale.com/news/tata-ne...act-20-design/
Utsav3010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 20:24   #20
BHPian

I spied two Nexons recently on the Solapur Pune highway, one red and white, the other black and white both with red testing numberplates. I suspect they were mules with new power trains under the old bodyshell because the performance was fantastic, both acceleration and in gear roll on from speeds of 80kmph till almost double that. Both cars easily kept pace with me, which I think is impossible with the current Nexon engine.
AirbusCapt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 21:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
I suspect they were mules with new power trains
Fat chance ! Nexon when launched came with new powertrain options (both Petrol and Diesel - New engines, new transmissions - AMT included)

It'd be a viable option for TATA to "change" the powertain option for a facelift.

I suspect, the existing power trains are undergoing tests in their BS-VI tune. (Different calibration and with different exhaust system perhaps)
vaasscit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 22:22   #22
BHPian

I have not ridden in or driven a Nexon. But their diesel AMT does make a compelling case as a replacement for my i20 Active as an everyday driver and go anywhere car. From the official reviews, I want them to sort out the low speed ride.
Old 30th March 2019, 08:35   #23
BHPian

2020 Tata Nexon facelift render –
In 5 dual tone colours

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-screenshot_20190330085751_chrome.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-screenshot_20190330085854_chrome.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-screenshot_20190330085914_chrome.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-screenshot_20190330085930_chrome.jpg

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-screenshot_20190330085820_chrome.jpg

Source
JS Kwt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 21:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suspected Tata Motors may have to update Nexon with all the fresh competition coming at it, and the opportunity to standardise platforms.

More space in the rear and more power across the rev range from low to high.

Oh! And a factory fit sunroof, please. Nothing more.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2019, 22:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
To add to your list, I wish they launch the JTP version as well. It will become the go anywhere car, be it race tracks or broken roads. It is rumoured to be launched in mid 2020, after BS-6 kicks in. This would be one heck of a package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
More space in the rear and more power across the rev range from low to high.

Oh! And a factory fit sunroof, please. Nothing more.
Nexon would do well with a proper automatic gearbox coupled with a sturdy Torque Converter. And if it's not asking too much, maybe, just maybe an AWD a few years down the line - to make it everyone's comfortable, compact, reasonably spacious, go anywhere car?

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 10:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Nexon would do well with a proper automatic gearbox coupled with a sturdy Torque Converter. And if it's not asking too much, maybe, just maybe an AWD...
Torque converter would push the prices up and pricing is one of the key selling factor of the Nexon. Not sure TATA would want to lose that pricing advantage. And since they're reluctant to provide AWD in Harrier, chances are next to none of getting that in the Nexon
Old 31st March 2019, 12:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Torque converter would push the prices up and pricing is one of the key selling factor of the Nexon. Not sure TATA would want to lose that pricing advantage. And since they're reluctant to provide AWD in Harrier, chances are next to none of getting that in the Nexon
Hopefully there is enough demand then to have an AT in some variant alongside the AMT. You don't try and you don't know - I understand that economics overrules all this. But I think the Nexon does enough volumes to make AT feasible? And if it's the same AT in some avatar in Harrier and Altroz then chances are bright that the prices will still be reasonably in check. Maybe am blabbering with no technical data to back it up but AT is actually a necessity now and AMT seems only a bridge solution.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 31st March 2019 at 12:09.
Old 31st March 2019, 12:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Hopefully there is enough demand then to have an AT in some variant alongside the AMT. You don't try and you don't know - I understand that economics overrules all this. But I think the Nexon does enough volumes to make AT feasible? And if it's the same AT in some avatar in Harrier and Altroz then chances are bright that the prices will still be reasonably in check. Maybe am blabbering with no technical data to back it up but AT is actually a necessity now and AMT seems only a bridge solution.
Agreed on the necessity of the AT. I own the facelift EcoSport AT with the torque converter unit and recently drove the Nexon AMT. The AMT experience was very disappointing when compared to the TC.

But India seems to heading towards becoming an AMT majority country with Maruti Suzuki leading the charge. Most of the high volume sub ₹10lakh cars have AMT, very few have CVT and precious few have TC. Even the newly launched "overpriced" XUV300 will be coming out with an AMT, although reports indicate a TC might be introduced later. The Hyundai Venue is rumoured to be coming with a 7-speed DCT, but more feasibly, Hyundai might just put the Creta's/Verna's AT in it. But again, all these cars are quite pricier than the Nexon and rarely do car manufacturers think about enthusiasts when chalking strategies
Old 1st April 2019, 14:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post

2020 Tata Nexon facelift render –
In 5 dual tone colours

With the VP & Head of Design of Tata Motors's tweet, it can be taken as an unofficial confirmation that this rendered design won't be what debuts on the Nexon Facelift model.

Russian doll approach = same design, different sizes. So Nexon facelift likely won't look like the Harrier.

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-screenshot_20190401_142937.jpg
k_ajay is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 16:56   #30
BANNED

Re: 2019 Tata Tiago facelift in the works

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Slowly and steadily all Tata products will shift to Alfa and Omega architecture for economies of scale and keeping the future safety norms in mind. Products from sub-Tiago hatchback to Creta rivalling SUV and/or Sedan will be on Alfa while all MPVs and SUVs over 4.3m (IIRC) will be based on the Omega platform.
Tata Nexon has also increased its sales figure recently by 20% thanks to the 5-star rating achievement from NCAP. Bravo the Nexon!

Most Viewed