Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2019, 10:42   #91
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Fresh off the streets of Pune, courtesy AutoSpy.

So it is the Nexon Facelift not the Blackbird.
The manufacture is making the Nexon for mass market , the current version is a hit or miss IMO
Good to see that Tata is moving fast with the competition

Any update/changes on the rear face ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiosity View Post
With such extensive testing I'm sure there are some good mechanical changes being done. I am hoping for a better AT box above anything else.
A BS6 comparable engine ? Or who knows An ELECTRIC VERSION

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th August 2019 at 11:36. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
Old 26th August 2019, 00:32   #92
BHPian

re: Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh

This front end could be closer to a mini Hexa than anything else. That might be a good thing. I am very curious about the back. TATA seems committed with the plastic/ ceramic black element that they have introduced in the harrier, Altroz and the original Nexon. So there may be a variation of the same. This would mean the back will be a bit busy as usual. Hope they can simplify the back and avoid a hatch on steroid look.
chittybang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 16:58   #93
Senior - BHPian

Vow. Looks like those weird indicators are going away. Just taking them out and placing them somewhere else will make Nexon as butch as it can. What you have then is a baby Harrier instead of the bulked up Vista.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 13:03   #94
BHPian

One more rendering from SRK. Gosh! manufacturers should seriously think considering him in the design department

This looks dope!

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-screenshot_20190904130037__01.jpg
SpideyBoy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 14:11   #95
BHPian

SRK is on our forum. Wish he could show us a render of the back as well. Frankly even the current front has its beauty. The real challenge is the back. How much would TATA be willing to alter.
Old 5th September 2019, 11:28   #96
BHPian

Am I the only one here who thinks that rear round shape and the straight lined front is not jellying well together? At least from this angle? They need to raise the roof from rear a little to make it straight. (Something similar to RR Evoque)
This can be a baby Evoque.
Deepsp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 11:41   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsp View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks that rear round shape and the straight lined front is not jellying well together? At least from this angle? They need to raise the roof from rear a little to make it straight. (Something similar to RR Evoque)
This can be a baby Evoque.
No, you are not alone at that, even I feel that the roundish rear and the squarish front are not gelling well with each other.

Baby Evoque? Doubt if Tata does that, but we can hope for it!

Last edited by wheelguy : 5th September 2019 at 11:44.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 09:15   #98
Vmv
BHPian

Nexon facelift spied again

Unfortunately no change in the rear quarter

Source : carwale
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-tatanexonfaceliftexterior171298.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-tatanexonfaceliftexterior171297.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-tatanexonfaceliftexterior171296.jpg  

Tata Nexon Facelift spied. EDIT: Launched at Rs 6.95 lakh-tatanexonfaceliftexterior171295.jpg  

Last edited by Vmv : 21st September 2019 at 09:16. Reason: Source updated
Vmv is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 15:55   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
Nexon facelift spied again

Unfortunately no change in the rear quarter
Uh oh! That ugly back (and the petrol AMT) was the only thing made me drop my plan of buying the Nexon. I see that tata is not going to change it anytime soon. Hyundai will be happy that this will not be a huge challenge to Venue
Vishfull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 21:41   #100
BHPian

The only reason that's holding me back from writing the cheque for the Nexon diesel XZ is the overdone styling - a tad too flashy and polarizing for my taste. They need to add proper fully functional roof rails too. Right now, its those flimsy stick-on type ones. With this facelift, the front will be sorted out, I reckon. All those clutter in the rear has to go too. I am pondering over ideas to fix the spare wheel on the tailgate. Will need a separate mounting fabricated like those "accessorized" Thars or the Fiat Avventura.
Old 25th September 2019, 22:17   #101
BHPian

Like a lot of other BHPians, even my father dropped the plan of buying the Nexon just because of that rear look. Frankly, I don't find it bad at all and think that it looks distinctive.
I expected Tata to take a Harrier like approach with the faclifted Nexon's design but that's definitely not the case which is both a good and a bad thing.
The good thing- The headlight placement is where it should be and not in bumper where it's more prone to be damaged with even a minor hit.
The bad thing- Tata should have gone for Harrier like rear wrap around taillamps which would have looked gorgeous (although I have no problem with the current setup).
Nazaar25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 22:30   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
The only reason that's holding me back from writing the cheque for the Nexon diesel XZ is the overdone styling - a tad too flashy and polarizing for my taste. They need to add proper fully functional roof rails too. Right now, its those flimsy stick-on type ones. With this facelift, the front will be sorted out, I reckon. All those clutter in the rear has to go too. I am pondering over ideas to fix the spare wheel on the tailgate. Will need a separate mounting fabricated like those "accessorized" Thars or the Fiat Avventura.
Aren't you basically asking for a Tata branded Brezza or EcoSport?

The one thing that actually worked for the Nexon are its unique looks that resemble nothing thats out there. Its not trying to be anything at all. Its being itself. Had it not been this way, just like other Tata cars, it would have gone unnoticed in the crowd and people wouldn't even have remembered such a car exists. Its the striking looks & those only that have given recognition to this car. Those who don't mind them or like them - buy it. Those who hate them have other options anyway.

Even in the auto-mag reviews - the powers that be, go on to say that a Venue is underpowered, has its shortcomings but still is the best compact SUV. Now take away the looks as well & Nexon won't probably in the shootout at all!

Its really IN YOUR FACE this car. Challenges you to ignore it. One can't. Either like it or hate it. I hope the next one doesn't lose that brawny attitude.
Reinhard is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 07:19   #103
BHPian

I infact like the front.. very distinctive. What they are proposing is making it Hexa ish. I would have liked the rear to be similar to Harrier and lose the white/grey elements and replace it with black
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 07:57   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
The only reason that's holding me back from writing the cheque for the Nexon diesel XZ is the overdone styling - a tad too flashy and polarizing for my taste..

I completely disagree with the remarks mentioned. Nexon is quite an eye-turner & catchy and not flashy at all. I dont think any other compacts SUV's in this segment had much attention from the people on the road. It's quite attractive and masculine from all the angles.
Johnnny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2019, 08:21   #105
Senior - BHPian

All the recent Tata cars and SUV's are known for their standout designs. Harrier and Nexon being the prime examples. It would be foolish of us to expect Tata to tone down Nexon's styling in the facelift simply because some people find it not to their taste and overdone. If 4000 odd customers are putting their money on a Nexon each and every month since its launch inspite of fierce competition then I say the styling is a success.

As rightly said by Reinhard, if you take away the single biggest USP of the Nexon then it won't even feature in the shortlist of prospective buyers. It's like asking Sehwag to curb his attacking nature and become a defensive batsman.
ram87pune is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed